PDA

View Full Version : A Bit Of Distressing News

K & L
01-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Happy New Year to everyone. Sorry I've been so scarce these days but life around here, as usual, has been hectic. First off we're having computer problems which hasn't helped me being able to frequent here. Kevin had to make an emergency trip to Kentucky because his grandma is dieing. I had to stay behind to take care of all the animals. With Hazel being on subcuetaneous fluids a few times a week, and such a short notice, we decided it was best for me to stay behind. Of course this has left me with doing everything and taking quite a bit of my time up. Then to top it off a Park Ranger said someone let their dogs loose in the park and they killed 24 chickens and 2 cats. I've been trying to figure out which cats are missing, but with so many and them coming out at different times of the day, it's hard to tell. There's one mom cat I haven't seen for 2 days now so I'm figuring the worse for her.:(

On a brighter note, Kurby came up to me the other day and let me pet him, but hasn't done it again. Kevin caught him on the bed one night sleeping at my feet, but he scurried off as soon as he was discovered. He's doing very well and we're happy to have him.

I hope all of you are doing well and have a healthy new year!

moosmom
01-01-2005, 08:51 AM
K&L,

Sounds like you've got your hands full!! My prayers are with you, hubby and family.

I hope that none of your cats were killed by the dogs. I hate it when irresponsible pet owners think they can just let their dogs run like that without thinking of others.

sirrahbed
01-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Oh Lisa - I am sorry to hear that about the dogs:( If it isn't one thing it's another - so irresponsible to let them run loose that way:mad: Oh I am sad for you having to wonder and worry just who was killed:(

I am glad, however to hear the progress on "our" Kurby:) I just know he will warm up and be in your lap - even if it takes years. Gentle pets for sweet Hazel!

Barbara
01-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Oh Lisa, that sounds tough! I sned my best thoughts to Kevin and you and some virtual scritchies for Kurby (knowing he wouldn't accept real ones ;)), Hazel and everyone else.

catnapper
01-01-2005, 09:27 AM
What a stressful New Year you're having! I hope that the Ranger finds out whoever let their dogs loose and presses charges.

I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother-in-law. :(

K & L
01-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
What a stressful New Year you're having! I hope that the Ranger finds out whoever let their dogs loose and presses charges.

I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother-in-law. :(

He did and he ticketed the owners. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping to see mom cat tonight! I have my doubts though.:(

Laura's Babies
01-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Prayers for your hubby's family in what they have ahead. May they have peace and acceptance when her time comes.

Follow that case about the dogs.. Darn, it is bad enought that someone dumps their cats off... Now they have idiots letting their dogs use them for "sport"? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

K & L
01-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks Laura...the update this afternoon was not good.

It is SO aggravating that stuff like this happens. It's also scary thinking that these dogs are killing for sport, what if it's a child next?

jenluckenbach
01-01-2005, 06:52 PM
WOW, what a way to start a new year. Hang in there, we'll be praying for you to keep your strength through all this. My best to everyone. Hope the rest of 2005 goes a million times better.

kimlovescats
01-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Are these dog people idiots or what???? :mad:
Gosh, Lisa ... I sure hope it wasn't the new mom .... if so, looks like you get to go on a baby hunt! :(
I hope your computer is feeling better now, and things settle down for you soon!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

K & L
01-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Are these dog people idiots or what???? :mad:
Gosh, Lisa ... I sure hope it wasn't the new mom .... if so, looks like you get to go on a baby hunt! :(
I hope your computer is feeling better now, and things settle down for you soon!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

YES! Major idiots! The dogs have been caught running the neighborhood, and one time they were in our yard chasing our ferals. It's just horrible and we wish the dogs would be taken away and put in homes where they're properly taken care of!

Kevin is ordering us (finally) a new computer and high speed internet when he returns. We're both sick of all the problems we've been having. I've been off work since Christmas Eve so I haven't had access to any other computer!:mad:

No mom cat last night!:( We TNR'd this family about a month ago and were calling them the Brady Bunch. There was a mom, dad, and 5 babies. We've seen all but mom and luckily the kittens are old enough to survive without her. She was very regular to appear when we pulled into the park. I do fear the worse.:(

catcrazylady
01-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Oh Lisa this is all so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry that so many bad things are happening all at once. I'm praying that the mom cat shows up. How sad.:(
People are so irresponsible and unfortunately so many people think its funny when their dogs go after cats.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kevin during this sad time with his grandmother. Having recently lost mine I know its tough anytime but so close to the holidays makes things even harder.

I know this has to be tough on you trying to handle everything alone. Will Kevin be home soon?

K & L
01-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Oh Lisa this is all so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry that so many bad things are happening all at once. I'm praying that the mom cat shows up. How sad.:(
People are so irresponsible and unfortunately so many people think its funny when their dogs go after cats.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kevin during this sad time with his grandmother. Having recently lost mine I know its tough anytime but so close to the holidays makes things even harder.

I know this has to be tough on you trying to handle everything alone. Will Kevin be home soon?

Thanks Lisa! He should be home late Tuesday evening. He wanted to go before she no longer recognized him. Wish I could be there for him, but it was just not possible.

kimlovescats
01-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Oh no, Lisa ... it doesn't sound good for the mom cat. :(

Please also tell Kevin that my prayers and thoughts are with him at this difficult time. :(

Congrats though on the new computer and High Speed Internet ... you'll LOVE it!;)

catmandu
01-02-2005, 11:08 AM
We do hope,tht your Cats,are safe,and we hopethat who ever unleashed those Dogs,is caught,and fined,better yet jailed,as a Pck of Dogs,are very dangerous,luckily there were no children hurt.

catfamily
01-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Too bad the dog owners didn't get more than just a ticket.:mad:

rg_girlca
01-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.

My prayers are with you and Kevin at this difficult time.

Something more should be done about these dogs than just giving the owners a ticket. They should be told that the next time their dogs are caught without being on a leash, they will be brought to the pound.

Poor, poor chickens and poor kitties.

Rest in Peace little ones.

I'm glad to hear that Kurby is doing well.
Give that sweetie a kiss for me please.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Sorry to hear your new year isnt's starting out that well. :(

Sorry to hear about Kevin's Grandma. :(

However, glad to hear the Kurby progress, and you mention Sub-q fluids for Hazel. Does that mean you are doing it? If so, congratulations and see, it's not so hard. ;) Hopefully they are helping her and she's doing good. :)

K & L
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Sorry to hear your new year isnt's starting out that well. :(

Sorry to hear about Kevin's Grandma. :(

However, glad to hear the Kurby progress, and you mention Sub-q fluids for Hazel. Does that mean you are doing it? If so, congratulations and see, it's not so hard. ;) Hopefully they are helping her and she's doing good. :)

OK, NO:D I'm taking her to the vet 2 - 3 times a week and letting them do it!:D I'm a woos, what else can I say?:D She gained 1/2 pound though!

I saw the report on the chickens and cats. I had to look to see if I could recognize them and I think one cat was Whozit. It was still very hard to tell and I'm not sure on the other one.:(