PDA

View Full Version : Just call her Miss Houdini!

ChrisH
01-01-2005, 05:23 AM
I got out of bed, walked out the bedroom door and Ebby was walking along the landing toward me. It took a moment for me to realise she wasn't wearing her cone! :eek: :eek:

I looked and looked and couldn't see it anywhere :confused: and I tell you for a while I began thinking supernatural forces were at work! :eek:

Then I found it.

ChrisH
01-01-2005, 05:30 AM
Poor baby. The owie must have been bothering her so very much.

In the attached picture, on the left it looks like she somehow chewed at the loop just enough to get the bandage out ... though how she got it off her head has still got me stumped. In the right side picture though not that easy to spot, there are smears of blood which must be from her tail.

ChrisH
01-01-2005, 05:37 AM
The vets isn't opened again until Tuesday .... until then I will just have to do the best I can. Quite what that best is I don't know. Worry for sure. :(

Here's the unrepentant girl.

catcrazylady
01-01-2005, 07:07 AM
I'm sorry Chris but ROFLOL!!!:D :D :D She sure did her darndest to hide that cone didn't she? Poor girl really hates that thing. You are really having a time with her and that tail! Is there any way they can bandage her tail and give up on the cone? Oh wait, I'm acting like she would leave a bandage on her tail!!:eek:
My goodness I just don't know what your going to do with her. Well, I guess kissies and snuggles for being so ingenius as to keep escaping from that horrid cone!;) :D

slick
01-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Oh....poor Mz Ebby.....sorry, but I can't help laughing. :D She sure hates that cone, doesn't she. I don't have any suggestions at all. It's OK during the day while you are there to supervise but at night she's bound to escape from it again. I wonder about maybe tightening it up just a bit.

Smoochies to you sweet girl and be good and keep that cone on. Look at it this way.....as Richard as suggested before...sit on top of the TV and you can bring in more stations for your Meowmie to watch.:D

ChrisH
01-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, the little madam has got me beat. Now she knows she can get the cone off she will be bound to try again. I will not be able to sleep for worrying about it so I am not going to put it on her again. I will just keep on bathing the tail and hoping ...

sasvermont
01-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Chirs, I have found that the benedine dries the sores almost overnight. It is mostly iodine and it is what the vets and dr.s use when they operate on you....to keep it clean......it cannot hurt, honestly.

I think you can buy it a the drug store just about anywhere.

Also, I usually buy two collars, since one usually gets lost or eaten, when they have to wear them. I also switched to the soft collar, as they didn't detest it quite so much. My vet even ordered them, since she saw it on Chloe, when she was spayed.

Poor Ebby - and Chris....sleepless nights....

SAS:rolleyes:

catnapper
01-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Poor little girl must be so unhappy to have gone through all that work to get the collar off. Give her a kiss for me.

lisalee
01-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Awww..........what a cute little girl! Ebby is one very clever girl. :D

Laura's Babies
01-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Have they tried giving her a shot of cortizone to help it heal and for the itching?

My sister had a poodle that use to chew and scratch all the fur off for as far as she could reach, the vet would give her a shot and she would stop for awhile... Just a thought, you may have tried it already.. Has she been spayed yet? I am sure she has but that is all it took to stop that from happening to the poodle.

ChrisH
01-02-2005, 05:56 AM
sas, I would love to use the benetine but they didn't stock it at the chemist (drugstore) I went to on Friday and they all stay closed from then until Tuesday. Well, that's not quite true, if I had a car I might be able to search and find an emergency one that is open for a few hours somewhere in the area. This is one of the rare times I wish I did own a car and also didn't live alone, trying to bathe her tail was particulary difficult this morning ... here's the account of delights :rolleyes: of my day so far.

I awoke this morning to find blood on the windowsill in her room...

(picture attached and another post to come)

ChrisH
01-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Her tail was a mess, as you'd expect, (I'll attach a picture) and I had to chase her around the room to bathe it. I tell you, if I wasn't grey already I would have been after dealing with this!

Poor baby, it must really irritate for her to chew at it so much, but what I can't figure out is why she does when it must really hurt when she does chew.

Laura, yes, Ebby is spayed and she did have a shot at the first vet visit but whether it was cortisone or not I don't know.

By the way, if her tail looks odd to you in the picture, where the owie is, is because when I finally got her I dipped and held her tail in the solution and it was still damp/wet when I took the picture.

Killearn Kitties
01-02-2005, 10:41 AM
EBBY! What do you think you are doing??! Presumably she wedged the cone between the wall and her scratching pole and then reversed out? That's what a friend of mine's cat used to do. So if you do put the cone back on her, the next step would be to re-arrange all the furniture throughout the house so that no item is within nine inches of any other item. :D

Do they make stocks for cats? :D

catmandu
01-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Ebby,does not want,the collar,and like Michael,and the Flea Collar,if he doesnt want it,it doesnt stay on.Bad Cat,its for your own good!