PDA

View Full Version : I am so proud of Elvis :D.

cloverfdx
01-01-2005, 02:00 AM
For as long as Elvis has been with me he has "always" had trouble with onlead agression with other dogs and has had trouble making new friends at the park , so lately we have been out and about meeting new dogs at the park offlead, and he has been doing great. Last night we met a beautiful 12 month old Border Collie bitch and her owners and Cocker Spaniel brother and i can now say Elvis is smitten with Daisy (BC) they ran and romped and Elvis even allowed Daisy to take his B.A.L.L :eek:, i was so proud of him.

Elvis had also taken a disliking to an Aussie Shep pup from Flyball (They will be team mates oneday ;) ), so the other night at training all of the dogs were running around and Jazz was playing so i let Elvis off lead (I was in total control if anything happened). Well he totally suprised me by being a gentleman with her and even let Jazz "herd" him.

I am over the moon about this break through, even though we have a "long" way to go with the on lead issues.

:D

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Way to go Elvis! We knew you could do it! What a good boy. Tell mom to give you a special treat! (I'm sure she did;) )

dukedogsmom
01-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Glad he's improving! Maybe one day he'll even be a good boy with his leash on. I'll bet you have lots of fun at flyball. I really enjoy watching it on tv.

DogLover9501
01-01-2005, 11:18 AM
It sounds like he's doing GREAT! And may end up with a few girlfriends ;) :p

Please give him(and Clover) a big hug for me!

Good Luck-I hope he continues to do well!!

bckrazy
01-01-2005, 03:47 PM
aw, what a good boy Elvis! we're all proud of ya ;).. you better get lots of cookies for being such a nice doggy! Gonzo is waay less friendly on-lead than off-lead too, I think it's partly because they feel they can't have their space or get away from another dog when they're on a short lead. He sounds like he's doing really well! :D how is Flyball?

Miranda_Rae
01-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Thats great! It does feel great when you are having issues with a certian thing, and then they surprise you when they behave. I love it when Heidi does that. Thats really good though, that he is behaving like that off lead. :) You are such a good boy Elvis!! You made your momma proud. :D *smoochies to you*

wolf_Q
01-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Way to go Elvis! Keep being a good boy for your Mom, ok? :)

cloverfdx
01-02-2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks everyone :). We went to the dog beach today, and Elvis was OK with the other dogs, but an Afghan was getting nosy and eye balling him so he snapped at it :(. And another pup was annoying him, trying to push him around and he snapped at it aswell, other than that he was a good boy.

Erica, flyball is going well (I am not as enthausiastic as the dogs at the moment). Elvis has been running about 4.2- 8 seconds, but as soon as we try him with another dog in the other lane he chases. I am hoping he will grow out of it, he will be 15 months old on the 13th of January ;).

We have also been trying crossovers with him and mixing the running order up so he gets used to crossing in all positions, but he was born a start dog (I hate starting though :o).

I have tons of photos that i may post in the next few days, and Videos aswell ;).

RobiLee
01-02-2005, 07:27 AM
This is wonderful news! Keep it up, Elvis.

Robin :)

KYS
01-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Good boy Elvis! Keep up the good work.
Eyeballing is a challenge, no wonder Elivis
did not like it.