PDA

View Full Version : Winston - gone ahead to the RB

TheAntiPam
12-31-2004, 09:31 PM
My sweet boy Winston went today to the RB to join his big brother Murf and big sister Daisy.

Winston was only 6 years old but he was born blind and with a bad heart. However, his heart was strong enough to keep him going and giving his soft warm special loving for 6 whole years. Now that he is at the RB, he can finally "see" his brother and sister that loved him and went before him to show the way.

Two days ago he began acting listless, and by today he had stopped eating. The vet said that a blood clot from his heart had gone to his back legs and his body was shutting down. So we helped sweet Winston to the RB and I held him close while his little scarred heart beat its last.

I learned so much from Winston. Because he was blind, he never learned some of the kitty body language that other kitties know. Sometimes he would surprise me with his inborn kitty knowledge. Other times, he would help me understand just how much a kitty learns by watching his cat-mom and littermates.

Winston Winkle Whitewall, you had a name almost bigger than you were. But you were loved mightily. Goodbye sweet little boy. Go play now, and enjoy all the sights in the warmth and sunshine of the Rainbow Bridge.

- Pam

slick
12-31-2004, 10:01 PM
:( :( Oh Pam, I'm so, so sorry. Of all days for Winston to pass.....but maybe he was needed at the RB to help celebrate the coming of the Meew Year up there. I know that your heart is breaking and I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain.

RIP sweet WWW and enjoy all that you "see" at the Rainbow Bridge.

{{{HUGS}}} Pam.

Karen
12-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh dear Winston, gone to the Rainbow Bridge where you eyes can finally see what your heart was telling you before. Look down with new eyes on your Momma and all those you left behind, and know that you were loved loved loved loved as a kitty could ever be.

Now, go find my Uncle Mac, I'm sure he's got cat treats to spare up there, okay?

Laura's Babies
12-31-2004, 10:49 PM
So sorry for your loss. He sounds like a one in a million and a really special fur baby. Thank you for helping him ease his way to RB.

jenluckenbach
01-01-2005, 05:46 AM
I am so sorry for you loss :( . RIP, dear Winston. You were a much loved kitty and will be greatly missed.

smokey the elder
01-01-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm so sorry about Winston. Pixel will take up her welcoming duties and show you where all the best sunny spots and other friendly cats are, and teach you how to speak "cat".

Cataholic
01-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Dear Pam,
My heart breaks for you and Winston. Surely, that he passed on NYE meant something. I think it meant that God needed him to help make 2005 the best year it could be. May your heart be heavy for a while, but, then, the memories help lighten it. RIP, Winston. You were a special, special boy.

krazyaboutkatz
01-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Winston's passing.:( RIP sweet Winston and play hard at the Bridge.

catmandu
01-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Winston,is at the Rainbow Bridge,and his heart,is haeled,and he can see,and is so grateful,to you,that you took him,in,when most people would ignore him.My Cat Ebony,a former Blind Lab cat,is there helping Winston,adjust,in Havana,where The Pet Talker Angels,are soaking up the sun.And ou,will see Winston again,and he,for the first time,will see you.

Kirsten
01-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm so sorry, Pam! :( (((HUGS)))

Winston sounds like a very special kitty that made the most of his life, and he sure knew he was very much loved!

R.I.P. Winston

Kirsten

Barbara
01-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Pam I am so sorry for Winston's passing. I noticed these days it's yous birthday abd I thought I missed you. Now it's Winston's passing that brought you back here:(

I hope he plays hard at RB.

AmberLee
01-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Oh Pam!

So sorry to hear that Winston's gone ahead to the bridge. I've alsways enjoyed your posts about this, your special boy.

Frolic heartily at the Bridge, dear Winston!

{{{gentle hugs to you and your Meowmy!}}}

moosmom
01-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Pam,

I'm sorry to hear about Winston. :(

RIP little boy. Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge.

Miss Meow
01-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Pam, I'm so sorry to hear about Winston.

I bet every day of his six years on this earth was special :).

TheAntiPam
01-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Pam I am so sorry for Winston's passing. I noticed these days it's your birthday... Now it's Winston's passing that brought you back here

Thank you ALL for your thoughts and sympathies. Pet Talk is still the best place to celebrate (or mourn) our pets and share our love for them.

Yes, Winston went to the RB only 1 day after my birthday. A few years ago, my kitty Daisy went to the RB on the day after Thanksgiving. I need to stop having holidays, because I'm running out of kitties!:rolleyes: :eek:

Thank you again, PetTalk friends, for your kindness and caring.
- Pam

ramanth
01-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Dearest Pam, I'm so sorry about your loss. :( RIP Winston.

Cinder & Smoke
01-03-2005, 11:08 AM
:(

So very sorry for your loss, Pam.
{{{Hugs}}}

Rest In Peace, Dear Winston ~
We're all going to miss you.

/s/ :( Phred

Randi
01-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Pam, I'm so very sorry to hear Winston has passed. :(

Rest in Peace dear Winston, you will be missed!

lizbud
01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Pam,

It saddens me to hear about Winston's passing. May he rest
in peace at Rainbow Bridge. Liz..

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Winston. :( If I remember right, I joined PT shortly after your Murf was called to the bridge. Now sweet Winston has joined his big brother and sister.

RIP Winston, you are gone but certainly will not be forgotten. :(

kimlovescats
01-03-2005, 08:31 PM
My condolences on the loss of your Winston. It sounds like he had a wonderful and loving life with you though .... and that should bring you comfort!

Kim;)

KittyKatLover
01-04-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

RIP Winston. You were very special and loved.