PDA

View Full Version : Email From Leeann About Cappy

RottiMommy49
12-31-2004, 06:56 PM
I just got this email from LeeAnn and thought it was only right to share it with those of you who were so caring, kind and thoughtfull throughout this terrible, heartbreaking incident. Thankyou so very much everyone. You have hearts of Angels
Love Deb

Dear Friends.
My most very beloved son Cappy has passed to Rainbow Bridge this afternoon at 12:07 pm. My most beloved child started failing 2 days ago & as of yesterday’s vet visit his temp was 105 his liver & spleen enlarged & he had dropped 7 lbs. He was lethargic & not at all interested in anything. Over the last 2 days he had all but stopped eating. I was happy to be able to get bite size bits of cooked chicken breast into him.
Today our very last day together we went for a long slow walk in the pouring rain just up to the end of our street & back. The rain tried it’s hardest to compete with the tears pouring down my face but lost that contest. I knew the time was up for my boy & a decision had to be made. I knew we had come to the end of the wonderful road we had shared together the last 2 years. We came home he ate 1 cup of chopped chicken breast & had our morning cup of coffee that he’s always loved with 2 sugars & 2 creams for this boy of mine. I then called the vet & told them we were coming. His passing went exactly as I wanted it to for my darling boy. I held him close to me as the first sedative took affect then he passed over so very gently held very close within my arms. I do know Cappy passed knowing he was so very safe so treasured & forever loved. He was the most amazing special boy who managed somehow to survive the trauma of his early life. I do believe he was saved from euthanasia at the shelter he was in because his soul & heart was predestined to find his life time match in mine. My heart is so completely shattered. My treasure, my son child, who was the extreme joy & love of my life, is for now gone from my arms but I do know I will hold my boy again one day.
Cappy Jarvis aka Captain Jarvis.

“Somewhere over the Rainbow skies are blue” “I know over the Rainbow dreams really do come true”.

“No matter how deep my sleep I shall always hear you”.
“And not all the powers of death will ever keep my heart from yours.”

Hugs Lee Ann

dukedogsmom
01-01-2005, 09:03 AM
I have got to stop reading these things at work. It's now raining in here, too. I'm so glad he had two good years. At least he now knows the meaning of love.

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I saw this this morning but just couldn't reply. The line "No matter how deep my sleep I shall always hear you" did me in. Now that I've composed myself somewhat , please let LeeAnn know I am thinking of her, and also of you Debbie. {hugs}

tatsxxx11
01-01-2005, 04:52 PM
It might as well be raining, so great are my tears:(:(:( Oh, I'm so sorry LeeAnn:(:(:( How blessed were you and your beloved boy Cappy, the one and only Captain Jarvis, to have known such an exquisite love. I know he left this earth with his heart filled that love. Wait there patiently at the Bridge for your Mommy precious Cappy, until she holds you in her arms once more. Until then, your love light will forever burn brightly in our hearts. My deepest sympathies to you dear LeeAnn. And thank you so much for sharing your beautiful boy with us. I will remember him, always. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

delidog
01-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Dearest Cappy,
You were a beautiful boy!!

Godspeed to The Rainbow Bridge,Dear Cappy....
There are plenty of friends there to Greet and Guide you...
Scrubber & Ms. Puss will be there waiting for you!!

Rest in Peace,Dear Cappy

pipersmom
01-04-2005, 09:24 AM
I am so very sorry, but can feel the love you had for your boy in every word.

Dear Cappy, although I didn't know you in life, hopefully you are looking down and can see how much your story has touched all of us. Rest peacefully sweet one.

DogLover9501
01-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Tears running like rain here too :(

I'm very sorry, I am at a loss for words, words never seem to come at times like this :(

Cappy learned what love was and got tons of it everyday, and he'll always remember that!

RIP Cappy :(

anna_66
01-06-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this, but everytime I try I start to cry.
I know just how much her darling boy will be missed.

Have fun at the bridge Cappy and say hi to my Angus and Keisha for me.

R.I.P. Sweet Cappy

LorraineO
01-08-2005, 03:01 PM
so sorry to hear of Cappy leaving,,, he sounded like he was a truly blessed boy.....

K9soul
01-11-2005, 01:13 PM
That letter definitely tore at my heart. What a difficult time this has been for Leeann and all those close to dear Cappy. Leeann has been Cappy's guardian angel on earth, and I am certain now that Cappy will be Leeann's guardian angel from Heaven. Rest peacefully, pain free and joyful at the bridge, dear Cappy.

TrixiesMom
01-13-2005, 09:40 AM
OK, that post did me in..

Now I'm blubbering like an idiot for a dog I've just heard about for the first time..

Reminds me of when I had to go put my parent's cats down..

Hannah
01-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I am so sorry about cappy, now i am crying about your loved pet and i just heard about him! it reminds me of when my Lola dies, we had her for 13 years. so sorry, R.I.P cappy

Hannah

Sudilar
01-25-2005, 10:58 PM
What a beautiful tribute. I am so very sorry for your great loss. RIP, Cappy.