PDA

View Full Version : Some things you just CAN'T photograph

jenluckenbach
12-31-2004, 08:59 AM
As you ALL know, cats must visit you in the bathroom. Well, we are no exception. Today it was Biddy who wondered in. So (even while sitting and doing my "business") I felt the need to pick him up and place him on my lap (here is where I feel sorry for the gentlemen who don't take the time to sit with a cat in their laps while on the loo) Anywho......what a sweet cat that Biddy White Whiskers is. He snuggled in on my lap, not an easy thing to do when you are getting as big as Biddy is, but nevertheless, he fits just right. His sweet, gentle ways shine through and the little lick on my nose was just the icing on the cake. WOW Do I ever love that little boy!!! :D:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-31-2004, 09:01 AM
:D :D

catmandu
12-31-2004, 09:01 AM
And I always wonder,why it is,that when you have no film,that they strike,thioer most photogenic poses! CATS!

dukedogsmom
12-31-2004, 09:36 AM
I think we all do this! Doogie just loves my bathroom rug. It's sort of like shag. He'll come in and purr and knead his little paws on the rug. Very cute. Does anyone know why they knead like that? He's very happy when doing it.

jenluckenbach
12-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know why they knead like that?
It is very comforting for them. They start out life using the kneading motion on Mom to get the milk.

catnapper
12-31-2004, 10:19 AM
LOL... I wonder why you opted not to do any pictures!? :confused: :confused:

Vio&Juni
12-31-2004, 10:59 AM
:D :D

Re Doogie: this means he's very comfortable with you.

QueenScoopalot
12-31-2004, 11:24 AM
I guess it does give you time to warm the seat up LOL! :D Better than sitting there reading too. ;) :p

Laura's Babies
12-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Giz is my "potty Pal"... She loves to come in and play in the tub, playing peek a boo when I am on the potty.. Go to brush my teeth, there she is, on the counter by the sink. She quit getting on the bathtub rim after she fell in... But she is a great "Potty Pal"!

sirrahbed
12-31-2004, 02:15 PM
I have a "potty-pal" too :rolleyes: It;s Dylan and it is really the only time he has me all to himself. He licks the side of my...uhm...hip:o and legs and then jumps in my lap. Now Dylan is ALOT of cat, but I don't care:p
I love my potty-kitty <big sigh>

catcrazylady
12-31-2004, 02:19 PM
I have so many potty kitties that it sometimes gets on my nerves!:D It's really hard to relax and do your business when you are constantly petting kitties. I took a head count the other night and I had six begging for attention and headbumping me off of the potty!!!:eek:

jenluckenbach
12-31-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I have so many potty kitties ...... you are constantly petting kitties. I took a head count the other night and I had six begging for attention and headbumping me off of the potty!!!:eek:

Actually, this is how it always is, especially first thing in the morning. Too many kitties, too few hands for petting. But later in the day it is not as urgent for them to greet you. But there is ALWAYS at least 1, if not more keeping you company. Today, it was Biddy :)

catnapper
12-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Pouncer is my potty kitty, but this afternoon, ALLEN surprised me! He's been VERY loving today. But we can't figure out if its US or the bleach we used to clean the tub today. This cat LOVES bleach. He gos nuts when he smells it, and goes utterly nuts if he smells it on our hands.

rg_girlca
12-31-2004, 04:09 PM
I also have a few potty kitties, but Katie is the one that is always wanting in the washroom when I am in there.
Poppy though for some strange reason, will hop into my PJ bottoms while I am sitting on the toilet.:rolleyes:

PayItForward
12-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Bramble was my potty kitty and she even sat on the bath while I showered talking to me. Steve gets Milly as his personal potty kitty.

But since the bathroom has had fosters in it, we have no potty cats ...how sad is that.

sirrahbed
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Is there nothing sacred here???:eek:

:cool: roving toilet reporter

Cincy'sMom
12-31-2004, 06:26 PM
While I have never had the pleasure of a visiting kitty in the bathroom, I do have a 75 lb lap dog that likes to try to climb on my lap and give kisses...no matter where you are sitting!! And of course the other two get jealous, so pretty soon I have 200 lbs of dog trying to climb onmy lap...and that bathroom isn't that big!!

jenluckenbach
12-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Is there nothing sacred here???:eek:

well........I didn't provide photgraphic evidence. :o

Catsnclay
12-31-2004, 06:34 PM
I have taught all 3 of mine to go potty with me. At first it was so I could keep an eye on them while I did my business. Have you ever been in the bathroom and heard a crash and couldn't do anything about it??!! :eek: :eek: So from the very beginning, I always made it a "fun" thing to do and to this day, I don't even have to announce where I'm going :rolleyes: they just sort of follow me, and jeez, if I close the door before they come in, watch out! :eek: The pittiful meows!! You think I was such a bad momma! :rolleyes:

doolittleky
12-31-2004, 06:40 PM
potty time at my house is my babies quality time with me. I guess they figure that is the only time I am sitting still! LOL I always have at least one in my lap a couple on the sink beside me and then on the floor. I am petting with my hands and my feet and still done have enough to go around! LOL I guess I should be an octopus!
Melissa

jenluckenbach
12-31-2004, 06:45 PM
I have taught all 3 of mine to go potty with me.

I don't think my whole family would FIT in the bathroom at the same time :eek:

slick
12-31-2004, 07:42 PM
I think that kitties often see that we hoomans are in a very vulnerable position and since we are sitting down and closer to the ground, they are within each petting reach. Now, mine certainly wouldn't even attempt to get on my "bare lap" but they both follow me in there just to make sure I don't get flushed!

Great visual, Jen.:)

Lacey
12-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Mowgli's my potty kitty. Both Mowg and Zelda join me for shower time. But come potty time, Mowgli's always right there. And he always has to get on my lap. I love having my own personal orange lap warmer! He'll cuddle and roll over onto his back for tummy rubs! So sweet!

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2004, 09:33 PM
LOL everyone.:) Sky and Cirrus are my potty boys. They never jump in my lap but want lots of pets.:) Sunny used to be my potty boy but doesn't like to have to compete for attention so he'll only do this if he's by himself. Storm will also occasionally be my potty boy if he's in a one of his needy moods.:)

QueenScoopalot
12-31-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Bramble was my potty kitty and she even sat on the bath while I showered talking to me. Steve gets Milly as his personal potty kitty.

But since the bathroom has had fosters in it, we have no potty cats ...how sad is that.
Yup, I can relate to that comment! Bathroom door's usually shut all the time (nice lace shower curtain, window curtains I DON'T want trashed), so the only time cats are in the bathroom is when they're newcomers, and space is non-existant! The current resident is the most outgoing, gorgeous :eek: white young male cat rescued 2 nights ago. Long, story, sweet cat, and sooooo lucky. He's so Siamese! Sit on the potty=lap time! :D Think about it...human skin's warmer than clothing lol! :rolleyes: ;) :p :o