PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Catfamily!!

Laura's Babies
12-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Carla and Mike, I can not thank you enough for opening your doors and your hearts to our PT boys Lucky and Louie. Kevlin, Rhonda and I are so happy that they are still part of the PT family and that we will get regular updates on how they are and still get to see them in the pictures you post. You have no idea what this means to us and we can not thank you enough. I am sure we are not alone in appreciating you taking them into your furever family so they do not dissapear into this big, big world, never to hear from or see them again.. (I was so worried about that). You have made a lot of people happy!

I don't know what changed in your lives that made you decide to take them in, I am just gald that whatever it was, happened. So, take this as your formal THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts! Laura, Kevlin & Rhonda

Laura's Babies
12-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Opps.... And I am sure Lucky and Louie Thank You too... Seeing how they settled in says it all.... It all started here....

Little did they know the great things ahead for them when this picture was taken...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid152/p238b8bd20fe51ded0e8604dcc505ecf7/f5b1a0b6.jpg

leslie
12-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Well Scamper is in my lap as i read this and he says he too is glad that you took Louie and Lucky away so he could sit in my lap at the computer again! Thanks for giving them a great home! All brown tabbies applaud (says Scamper who was worried I would replace him...)!!!!
Love, Leslie and Scamper!

catcrazylady
12-31-2004, 06:04 AM
I think this is an amazing story and it's still hard to believe all that happened in such a short time. God has a special plan for those two. They really are very very lucky and especially blessed to have had so many people involved in saving them. I think that L & L owe a very special headbumpie to Kevlin and his family for rescueing them and Leslie for getting the ball rolling in vet care. This whole story brings tears to my
eyes!!

Congratulations Lucky and Louie! I can't wait to see what the future holds for these two special boys.:) :) :)

QueenScoopalot
12-31-2004, 08:13 AM
I want to jump in and thank you both too! Carla, you and Mike have been so wonderful to adopt as many kitties from me as you have (Marshall, Tucker, Birdie, Madeline) and now Lucky & Louie!:) :) :) Knowing you and how much you love your kitties, I'm so happy to have met you and become friends with you. ;) You're always quick to offer a safe space in your bathroom when I tell you about the latest ones saved off the streets. I decline because I know you too well now! You'd keep them lol! That wouldn't be a bad thing though, come to think of it. :D :D Keep taking those pictures! And thank you both again for adopting these precious cats and kittens in need of a great home. :) :)

catmandu
12-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Lucky,and Louie,are iondded very lucky,to have found such a GREAT Furr ever Home,and we hope,that they adjust quickly,and are one Happy Family,soon.

QueenScoopalot
12-31-2004, 08:52 AM
~bump~:D

catfamily
12-31-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone.Lucky and Louie are here furrever and will get love and plenty of vet care when needed.I'm here 24/7 to take good care of them.Nothing has changed Laura except Mike had a couple days off to read about them after Jan mentioned them to me again in a conversation we had the other day.Mike is a softy.He's the sweetest man.I feel so fortunate to have him.
Jan,I'm glad I met you too.Your an angel from heaven saving all the thousands of kittys over the years.When I visit my mom at the nursing home..it seems all my conversations are about you.She loves the stories.She loves cats.Her eyes water everytime I tell her about another cat you saved.It makes her smile too.

QueenScoopalot
12-31-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm glad you finally found the purrfect man to love! Glad he loves cats too. :D Have you printed up any pictures to bring to your mom? Give her a hug for me (even though I've never met her). Too bad they don't allow cats in many nursing homes. It would make such a difference in the lives of many lonely folks missing thier pets. :(

sirrahbed
12-31-2004, 02:31 PM
ah..now this thread got me weeping - I had missed this news. Oh my - after all the things these boys have been through. Laura, Kevlin and family taking them in...Leslie footing the bill which I believe was partially covered by PT donations...trying so hard to arrange transport....now these adorable southern gentlemen have a PURRmanent together!! And we get to keep them in the family!!! I did not know this was happening because I was gone for a few days and guess I missed so MUCH!!

Carla & Mike - I am so thanful to you both!! I know how terrific it is to have a cat loving softie man - they are irresistible. Lots of times, Dennis acts all macho and pretends like we get each kitty because *I* wanted it but I know we have them all because of HIM! With Lizzie and Eliot, honestly I was just pushing my luck with getting two and did not expect him to cave so easily ;)

This month's Cat Fancy has an article about bring cats to nursing home and catnapper brings Pouncer!! For several years, I volunteered at our nearby nursing home and there were resident cats and dogs!! That is just lovely that your mom enjoys the stories so much:D

((((HUGS)))) to a precious *catfamily* and I will look forward to updates and pix!!

catfamily
12-31-2004, 04:02 PM
I really thank Laura,Kevlin ,Rhonda and Leslie and to all Pettalkers for saving BOTH their lives.I cannot believe how quiet my house is right now.Everyone getting along.No spitting like the first night.I have no idea why noone fights in this house with 13 cats.Did say 13?:eek:

QueenScoopalot
12-31-2004, 04:43 PM
13 Carla...you counted right lol! I sent sweet Olivia off to Petsmart today.....so better get running there after New Years Day! Glad all's quiet at your home. YAY! :D

catfamily
12-31-2004, 04:53 PM
Me and lucky to be alive because of Laura's son and her whole family and just everyone.Lucky thanks you for all the vet care.This isn't a great picture but Mike had to go upstairs to get the camera.LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/luckyandcarla.jpg

Laura's Babies
12-31-2004, 11:08 PM
Carla, YOU are where I want to be, with all those babies and such a wonderful pair like L & L! I loved watching how they were with one another and I just don't see how anyone could not meet them and not fall in love with them. They both have their individual charm and the love they have for one another is simply amazing.... I was so worried about seperating them and adopting them into different homes and I was not at all comfortable with that.. It is really reassuring to me to know you have them and they are together FOREVER!!! Yipieeeeeee!

catnapper
01-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Yes, you are both special people to accept so many cats into your home and lives. May you be blessed a thousand times over for your loving ways.

Laura's Babies
01-02-2005, 05:07 PM
I love all the pictures you have been posting and I really want to thank you for that Carla and Mike!!

Dusty's People
01-02-2005, 05:45 PM
We were sure happy to hear that the Boys were going to be together and mostly that they going to remain in all the eyes of PT. The boys have touched us all we have been giving heart filled thanks to everyone here in PT and now we are all getting a heart filled thanks just knowing that you have adopted the boys and they now have a Loving FurrEver home. I Thank you for takeing the boy into your home.