PDA

View Full Version : Sweet dreams, little boys. :(

buckner
12-30-2004, 09:53 PM
My future identical twin nephews passed away. :(

Saturday or Sunday is when my dad got the terrible news through my brother-in-law. My sister was pregnant with two identical twin boys and they were due April 1, 2005 -- almost 6 months along. One of the boy's had a heart problem and from day one, his heart was not developing correctly. Around the 20th of this month my sister noticed the lack of movement in her stomach and that's when she noticed a problem. She got sent to the Vanderbelt hospital to be checked. It turns out she had too much amniotic fluid, but they did more tests and ultrasounds. They found out that the boy had a heart problem and had died. Since they were identical and were developing in the same sac with the same placenta, it was just a matter of a couple of days before the other passed away. And unfortunately, we heard word that they both did. :cry:

The doctors said eventually my sister's body would abort the babies naturally, but that it could take up to 3 months since they were so far along. So she had to be induced a few days ago to go into labour. She went through so much pain during the labour, and so much pain during these 6 months, and she doesn't even have her baby boys. :( She was so upset during the delivery that she couldn't even look. My brother-in-law, Steve, said he did and both of the boys looked exactly like their other son, Dylan, that'll be 5 in April. :*(

They had the choice of having a burial, having them cremated and bringing the ashes home, or having them cremated and leaving the ashes there with a memorial service every year. They chose to bring home the ashes so that everyone in the family could meet the boys and so that Debbie, my sister, could be with them anytime she wanted.

My whole family is upset. My dad is the worst I've seen, but I haven't seen my sister or her husband. Dylan, their son, doesn't know yet. He was looking forward to having two baby brothers. They don't know how they'll tell him, or how he'll react, but I have a feeling none of it will be pretty. :( Debbie is avoiding talking to anyone at the moment, but feels better about things now that she's coming to terms with what happened. Apparently, it's a pretty common.

I'm asking for some RP prayers and thoughts for my family during this time. Please help give my sister, my brother-in-law, my dad, and all of the many other people that were affected the strength and wisdom to understand what happened and the reasons behind it. And last, but not least, hope and pray that their 4 year old son can understand why he won't see his brothers. :(

RIP little guys. I heard you were absolute angels... now you can truly be angels. Watch after your mommy, your daddy, and your brother. Sweet dreams.

flamepony12
12-30-2004, 09:59 PM
That's so sad. :( Rest in peace, Little Angels. :(

kimlovescats
12-30-2004, 10:35 PM
What a terrible loss for your sister and your whole family. May God bless you all, and help you through the grieving process.

(((HUGS))):(

CountryWolf07
12-30-2004, 11:17 PM
How terrible... I am very sorry... I will be praying.. :(

joycenalex
12-31-2004, 06:07 AM
i am so sorry for your sister and brother-in-laws' loss. how sad and awful for the entire family..please know they're in my prayers.

catnapper
12-31-2004, 07:20 AM
What a tragic thing to happen. I can only imagine the depth of their grief. Your family is in my prayers.

moosmom
12-31-2004, 07:43 AM
Sara,

How tragic. I'm so sorry your family had to go through this. :(Please accept my sincere condolences and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

R.I.P. sweet angels.

(((hugs))))
Donna

cookieluver7
12-31-2004, 10:19 AM
I am truley sorry. Rest in Peace little boys.

jenluckenbach
12-31-2004, 10:28 AM
What a truly sad thing to happen. A hard grief to bear. :( Prayers for your family.

petslover
12-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Prayers in Progress for your family. I am really sorry to hear the loss of your family members. God be with you all in this time.

manda_moo87
12-31-2004, 02:14 PM
Ohhh... :( I am so so sorry. How sad! :( RIP little babies.

I lost my twin when it was 4 months along.

rg_girlca
12-31-2004, 03:41 PM
How terribly sad. I am so sorry.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Rest in Peace sweet Angels.

star of light
12-31-2004, 04:36 PM
ohh i am so sorry.
prayers are on the way.

rest in peace little angels

GraciesMommy
12-31-2004, 04:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear of this. No words can soothe the pain..but know that your family are in my prayers

DJFyrewolf36
12-31-2004, 05:23 PM
I don't know what to say.....:(

My prayers are with you and your family

slick
12-31-2004, 05:30 PM
I can't even imagine the pain you and your family must be going through right now.

Prayers and condolences.:(

popcornbird
01-02-2005, 01:41 AM
How tragically sad. :(:( I'm so sorry your family has to go through this. Have fun in Heaven sweet babies.

shutterbug0303
01-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear this tragic news. Many good thoughts and tons of prayers are coming your family's direction. God wasn't ready to let those tiny twin boys come to earth, but I'm sure He will have wonderful plans and blessings for your family on the way. When one door is closed, God always opens windows.

{{{{hugs}}}}

RobiLee
01-02-2005, 11:14 AM
I am so sorry for your family's loss. What a sad and difficult time for you all.

Rest In Peace, little boys.

Robin :)