PDA

View Full Version : Cubby has become my little lover boy! :DDDD

cubby31682
12-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Ever since we got little miss Gracie. Cubby has been all over us at night. He hides in the bedroom unless Gracie is in her cage, then he wonders out and about. Even then he is very loving. :D

The other day we put Gracie in her cage, and locked Cubby up in the computer room with me. Gracie's cage is also in here. He was fine most of the time, but every now and then Gracie would bark at him and start crying. Cubby would get a little scared so I would give him a few treats. Then when Gracie settled down I would give her one as well.

Should I keep locking them both up in the same room while Gracie is locked in her cage? He did fine for a while, but at first he wouldn't stop growling and hissing at her.

Laura's Babies
12-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Since I have no experience with dogs with mine I am not expert but I would well imagine, the dogs barking scares Cubby..

jazzcat
12-30-2004, 10:22 PM
I think the best thing to do is just give Cubby time. It may take him several months to get used to a dog. Main thing is don't push him or he may never get used to her.

sammy101
12-30-2004, 11:04 PM
When we got Kodie,it took bear a couple of months to warm up to him,she always hissed at him and growled:p but she's declawed so when she swiped at him,she didnt hurt him so Kodie kept on bugging her:p lol.Im sure Cubby will warm up,just be patient and im sure he'll come around!:)

catcrazylady
12-31-2004, 06:12 AM
I don't have any recent experience either but I have to agree with not pushing anything with Cubby. It could take many months or just a few weeks but I would let it happen at its own pace. You know how cats are! They have to do it in their own way and in their own time.:rolleyes: :D

cubby31682
12-31-2004, 07:51 AM
Cubby does try to come out to see her. He wants to be around her. Then Gracie will chase him (She only wants to play and lick him) then he will go under the bed and stay there for a while. I don't like cat time, it takes to long. I am very impatient. I want this to work out.

So should I wait on getting another cat then? The cat I am looking into has been around dogs her whole life. If the dog gets close to her to play she swats the snot out of them. She is Cubby's age as well.

Katie

catmandu
12-31-2004, 08:40 AM
A Dog,can be a monster,to a Cat,who does not compehend,that the Dog rushes,at him,not to attack,but to play.Time,hopefully,will make them Pals!

sirrahbed
12-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Dear Uncle Cubby,
OOO you got a d-o-g??? We have some that visit here sometimes - they are my cousins and I usually hide - but last time that black cousin one came up to me and scared me so I scratched her :eek: I hope that d-o-g will be your friend pretty soon - but that is good you have your mommy to love up on:) If you figure out how to be friends with that d-o-g, please tell me and I will try it, too.
Love, Robbie

cubby31682
12-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Dear Uncle Cubby,
OOO you got a d-o-g??? We have some that visit here sometimes - they are my cousins and I usually hide - but last time that black cousin one came up to me and scared me so I scratched her :eek: I hope that d-o-g will be your friend pretty soon - but that is good you have your mommy to love up on:) If you figure out how to be friends with that d-o-g, please tell me and I will try it, too.
Love, Robbie

Little Robbie,
This d-o-g is very weird. She runs up to me to smell me all the time. I always try to run. Today she even licked me :eek: :mad: EWWW grosss. Can you believe the nerve it takes to do that to some one? What is she thinking? I was here first this is my body and it doesn't feel like being licked and smelled all the time. :o

Also my meowmie lets me sleep under the blankets most of the night, until I start being bad to her legs. Then she pulls me out and puts me on the floor. :confused: I don't get it... Mothers some times. You can't win for nothing I tell ya. I love being under the blankets. Their so nice and warm and cozy. It doesn't feel good down there when meowmie is having a hard time sleeping though.

Love Uncle Cubby.:rolleyes:

sirrahbed
01-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Dear Uncle Cubby,
The orange d-o-g cousin came and spent all Christmas day in the house. All the other kitties finally went out to visit her but not me. They are not smart like me. I hid behind the dryer and my daddy did not find me until night time!! Now I heard Meowmie on the phone and my black d-o-g cousin is coming tomorrow and will spend the night and sleep in one of my beds!! A D-O-G in one of my beds? She better not LICK me like your d-o-g did or I will scratch her again!! Yes, that took a lot of nerve to lick YORE body in YORE house!! This is MY house but Meowmie keeps telling me I have to learn to be nice! Maybe your Meowmie will get you another superior cat!! Your Meowmie kicks you out of bed for being bad to her legs? Aw darn. Get a pillow instead;)
Love, Robbie

cubby31682
01-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Dear Robbie,
I wouldn't let that dog sleep in one of YOUR beds. Tell your meowmie how you fell. Let your anger be known. I let mine be known all the time. Look at my meowmies arm for proof. You don't have to learn to be nice. As cute as you are I'm sure you can give your meowmie a sad little face and she will take it back. :D Just don't tell her whole told you that. I do it to my mommy all the time. It always gets me treats and extra lovings. :D

Love,
Uncle Cubby