PDA

View Full Version : Color me impressed...

catnapper
12-30-2004, 06:19 PM
I got a gift card to Bath & Body Works for Christmas. I basically hate the store and everything it sells - my senses are assulted upon entering the store. My allergies start acting up and my sinuses start to scream two seconds after I enter the store. But I had a $20 gift card and by George I was gonna use it! :D

I brought my mom along today. She can still sniff and determine smells once in that store. Its a talent that impresses me! She doesn't get all stuffy and congested - she can differentiate between vanilla and mellon cucumber! Woohoo! So, mom came along and we decided that the candles, bath gels and body lotions were not going to be something I could bring home (unless I want to bring home the stuffy-headed experience).

Well, after half an hour of mindless wandering through the store, we happened upon their haircare products - on sale no less! We convinced the sales lady to let me take a few bottles out of the store into the mall for me to sniff-test the smells inside the shampoo bottles, and they were delicate, not heavy or overly perfumed) So I bought shampoo, conditioner and stuff to make my hair shiny. I walked out going "I can't believe I spent $20 on shampoo....."

I usually think Suave at $1.29 is expensive (you can find it for $.79 on sale ya know! :D ) and here I am spending all that money for two bottles of shampoo and some stuff to make my hair all shiny.

Well, I HAD to take a shower to try this stuff out. And ya know what? My hair actually looks better! Its all bouncy and curly and SHINY! :D Who'd have thunk it?

Now, when this stuff runs out, I will be back at Walmart looking for Suave on sale. But in the meantime, I'll have expensive delicately perfumed hair! :D

cubby31682
12-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Wow I didn't know they sale shampoo and conditioner. I will spend the 20$ for all the stuff you got. I spend right around 50$ for shampoo, conditioner, and gel. I will have to check that out this weekend.

I have to go there supervised. Once I get in there I won't come out with out taking out a home loan or something. I go overboard at times. Lol.

Cookiebaker
12-30-2004, 09:10 PM
I loooove bath & body works!! It's my one of the few ways that I "pamper" myself. I love their shower creams and shower gels, and hand lotion. They are the best!! :)

NoahsMommy
12-30-2004, 10:38 PM
While I like that store, I have a hard time choosing a scent that I actually WANT to smell like. ;)

I LOVE the Coconut Lime Verbena and use the shower gel, in shower body conditioner, then skin-toning moisturizer. It smells so great! I even use the bubble bath and room freshener in that scent. ;)

Glad you found something you like. :)

kimlovescats
12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Kim, you are so silly! But, very much like me .... I have to be very picky about what I put on my skin or I get all rashy! :rolleyes: I have to have scented candles, frangrance sprays and incense going all the time in my house or I would die from cat odor! lol! But trust me, my allergies suffer greatly, and I live on my Zyrtec and inhaler!:eek: ;)

jenluckenbach
12-31-2004, 05:17 AM
I know the EXACT experience yu are speaking of. I can't even step foot into a Bath & Body works store....unless of course you want to see me asphyxiate. :eek:

But I am glad you found something useful and nice.

(I buy Suave on sale too :D )

Barbara
12-31-2004, 07:33 AM
I love Bath and Body Works and it's a pity we don't have that here. In summer when we were in Burlington, they had much stuff on sale and if I hadn't known I would have to carry it all through airports etc. I would have bought like crazy;)

I am so sorry for everyone who cannot stand the aromes for health reasons:(

popcornbird
12-31-2004, 11:40 AM
I wish good shampoo wasn't so expensive. My hair gets messed up when I use cheap shampoos, so I just don't use them anymore. I spend like $15-$20 on hair products whenever I need them. Waste of money? I don't know. My hair means a lot to me, and I can't stand it when its frizzy and not in the best condition. I 'need' salon shampoos if I want my hair to look good.

That being said, my cousin's visiting me from Chicago, and with all the hair products she uses, it seems like I spend nothing. :o Problem is, she let me use her stuff and now I want to buy them too. They're awesome. Jeez...girls and their 'stuff'. LOL

Nomilynn
12-31-2004, 02:25 PM
I don't buy expensive shampoos, but a trick you can try if you want your hair to look nice is having at least 3 different kinds of shampoo in the shower and using a different one each day. "Cheaper" shampoos leave a build up on your hair, so if you switch every day you are cleaning away the buildup. I have Fructis, Salon Selectives, St. Ives, Dove and the walmart brand of Herbal Essence and I use a different one every day, and it really does work! :)

I bet your hair smells really nice though, with this new product! :)

Tonya
01-01-2005, 01:05 PM
I do the same thing as Nomilyn. I have baby shampoo which I use the most. Then I have Matrix which is around $20 a bottle. And my husband and son use the Suave stuff so I use that occasionally too. I get tons of compliments on how healthy and shiny my hair is, and I really think that's the baby shampoo. But I loooove the Matrix because it makes my hair feel like silk.

catnapper
01-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, update on my lovely shiny bouncy hair... after today's shower, I did the same thing as the past two days. My hair looks like a burnt-out fried mess. Worse than I have seen it in a loooooong time. :eek:

Oh well, so much for expensive shampoo making my hair look great. To be honest, the best shampoo I have ever used was the cheap White Rain stuff. Then every so often I do a really deep conditining treatment and life is good for my hair. I usually will switch shampoos after each bottle for the same reasons Tonya and Nomilyn listed... its never occured to me t try to do that daily! :D

sirrahbed
01-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi Kim,
I have also had the best results by rotating daily - something my hairdresser suggested. Even though she supposedly sells salon products (and she soes sell me texturizer for fine hair) - she said shampoos all very similar except for the "daily clarifying" ones and only to use then once in awhile because they are VERY harsh. Here I thought I was using something good and gentle for my baby fine hair because it was called "daily"!! So, I rotate 3-4 shampoos and none are expensive. I have Suave, Johnson's Baby, V05 and the Suave version of Paul Mitchell professional Awapuhi. I don't know about thick or frizzy hair, but my fine hair is in great condition and looks healthy and shiny with this plan. I also use two very light conditioners alternating days because deep conditioner is too heavy for my hair.