PDA

View Full Version : wild like reseerve in sri lanka

mspepper
12-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Did you all hear about the report about this animal
perserve. in sri lanka
It has hundreds of animals and not one died.
They had a 6th sense and all went to the far back area
of the perserve which was higher land and the water
did not kill any of them. The authorites were figuring
on finding hundreds of animal carcuses.
so glad to hear it.

patty

Corinna
12-30-2004, 02:35 PM
The animals were given a special sense too bad people don't pay attention to them. You can't tell me they didn't see them moving out. The cities even had few animals killed they too took off. Shame they weren't tuned in to them.

aly
12-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah I read about that earlier today.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041230/sc_nm/quake_animals_dc&e=4

jazzcat
12-30-2004, 04:08 PM
I read that this morning and was telling my husband. Pretty amazing!

We could learn a lot from animals.

catmandu
12-31-2004, 08:52 AM
The Animals,are so clever,and I guess,that if anything happened,in the Hotel,they would find,The Found Cats intact,gathered around me.

Barbara
12-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Thank you for that link Aly, that's very interesting. And a little relief. Because I always imagined the situation in the jungles and national parks where of course helpers will not arrive before not the humans are saved.

Kirsten
12-31-2004, 10:37 AM
I read about it today. It's amazing, and it seems that animals really have some kind of "early-warning-system", and it helped them to be prepared.

This is happy news (amongst all the horrible news about the entire tragedy), because my heart was already breaking for all the animals that may have lost their lives in the floods as well. Fortunately, it's not as bad as expected.

Kirsten