PDA

View Full Version : New Baby!!!

furrykittenlover
12-11-2001, 04:34 PM
I just got a new baby!!! It is a 6 week old gerbil :) His/her (don't know yet) fur is all black except a small part on his/her front paws and under the chin. she/he is sooo small :D She/he seems kind of lonley tho. Do you think i should get another buddy for her to play with of the same gender (when i find out if its a boy or a girl lol)
have any thoughts??
thanx :)
p.s. i got the gerbil from a litter of 2.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: furrykittenlover ]

AmberLee
12-11-2001, 04:43 PM
Congratulations. I do hope you post pictures of your sweet Sam soon.

I've heard it's difficult to determine rodent's sex accurately. (Heck, I've had trouble determining kitten's, but that another (boring) story...)

Best wishes to you all.

TheAntiPam
12-11-2001, 06:46 PM
Try this: Put Sammie in front of two publications - Martha Stewart Living and Victoria's Secret Catalog - then see which one Sammie nibbles on!!! Hmmmm, maybe not! ;) ;) ;)

AmberLee
12-11-2001, 06:58 PM
AntiPam!!!

ROTFL. :D ;)

Ahem, Dear FurryKittenLover,

I regret that we are of absolutely no help whatsoever, but your problem is interesting and intriguing. Good luck.

zippy-kat
12-11-2001, 07:10 PM
My sis and I are in the same arguement! lol

I think Oreo is male--she says Oreo is female!

Congrats on Sam! I had two--Tucker and Boo. Both became victims of Max kat. :(

furrykittenlover
12-13-2001, 06:05 PM
Hey guys. Acutally it is pretty hard to tell what gender gerbils are....actually i got sam from my friend that was suppost to have 2 males but one ended up being a female..cuz the people at the pet shop must have thought wrong. To make it even harder Sam is black so it is going to be real hard to tell. I think i shouldnt get another gerbil becuase one could end up being a girl and a boy and it wouldnt be easy finding homes for the little critters :p Thanks for all the advice!
:)

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: furrykittenlover ]

slleipnir
12-13-2001, 06:31 PM
Hey, I had TONS of gerbils and rodents! I got a "female" ( i was younger at the time.....) anyway "she" got..hm..well i'll come right out..testies. I didn't know what there were so i thought she was dying. I took her to the vet to find out she was a he. LOL anyway, if you want to get a "friend" for you gerbil, i'd be carful i could never get mine to become friends, they'd fight. I even had that cage with a thing in the middle so t hey could spell each other but not come in contact. Its hard to get them to move in together, but you never know maybe mine had some prob..lol