PDA

View Full Version : I got a DVD player!!!

moosmom
12-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I got a gift card to Target for Christmas from my niece. I bought a DVD player for $38!!!! Her mom said she was going to call me later tonight, expecting me to be cussing and swearing up a storm, trying to figure out HOW to install it. Well, nah-nah-nah-nah-nah. It took 3 seconds. Piece of cake!!!! Unlike the VCR's of yester year.

I also bought a DVD for $9, "Where the Heart Is" with Ashley Judd. I'm going to watch it tonight, complete with popcorn, wine and nuts.

Woohoo!! I'm now technologically up to date!!!

Jadapit
12-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Whooohoooo!! Enjoy your new dvd player! You are going to love it!;)

Corinna
12-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Way to go Donna If you look around our walmart has some old movies for a dollar on dvd. I also have found some older tv shows ,ossie and Harriet , Petticoat junction,and the lone ranger the begining . for a buck it sure is great to visit some old mermories.

petslover
12-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah. You are really going to like it! Enjoy it! I'm glad to hear that you got one for so cheap. 38 dollars is so cheap! Thats GREAT!

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by moosmom

I also bought a DVD for $9, "Where the Heart Is" with Ashley Judd. I'm going to watch it tonight, complete with popcorn, wine and nuts.

Nuts?????

Did you invite people from PT????;)

moosmom
12-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Oh RICHARD,

I love your sick sense of humor. I just KNEW that when I typed the word "nuts" you'd chime in!

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Oh RICHARD,

I love your sick sense of humor. I just KNEW that when I typed the word "nuts" you'd chime in!

Lets see...if I leave work right now and get on the freeway...:D

I am predictable....:rolleyes:

Corinna
12-30-2004, 02:37 PM
NO way Richard just when we think you are predicatable you surprize us. thats why we love you so much.

NoahsMommy
12-30-2004, 04:44 PM
FUN!!! Good for you, that's our Handy Donna!

Now you can rent DVD's from Blockbuster. My grandma still has VHS and wanted videos for Christmas. I went to Blockbuster and Best Buy and they no longer carry them!! I was shocked!!! :eek:

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
FUN!!! Good for you, that's our Handy Donna!

Now you can rent DVD's from Blockbuster. My grandma still has VHS and wanted videos for Christmas. I went to Blockbuster and Best Buy and they no longer carry them!! I was shocked!!! :eek:

oh oh.....

Time to get grandma a DVD player!!!

Make sure you spend some time with her to teach her the technology....:D

NoahsMommy
12-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
oh oh.....

Time to get grandma a DVD player!!!

Make sure you spend some time with her to teach her the technology....:D
I was thinking about that when I saw a DVD/Video player a Costco for like $120.00. It was a really good one, like Phillips or something. Hmmm...maybe I should get it for her.

It had better be as easy at Donna's. I don't like things that don't work!!!

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 05:39 PM
lol,
I found one for 47 dollars and it has more buttons than the space shuttle.:rolleyes:

ramanth
12-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah! Congrats Donna! Andy and I went out shopping today and I bought clothes! (I hate clothes shopping) One store was going out of buisness and I cleaned house! :D :D

Nuts Donna?! You are what you eat dear. ;) :p :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Way to go Donna If you look around our walmart has some old movies for a dollar on dvd. I also have found some older tv shows ,ossie and Harriet , Petticoat junction,and the lone ranger the begining . for a buck it sure is great to visit some old mermories.
My dad got some of those, and they were all broken up and choppy... hey, they're only a dollar, but they aren't great. :(

shais_mom
12-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I was thinking about that when I saw a DVD/Video player a Costco for like $120.00. It was a really good one, like Phillips or something. Hmmm...maybe I should get it for her.

It had better be as easy at Donna's. I don't like things that don't work!!!

Walmart also has them DVD's for $5.

Kelly you could try www.columbiahouse.com or I bought some videos at Walmart.

cool beans Donna!!
ENJOY!

davidpizzica
12-31-2004, 07:22 AM
Hi, Donna! Welcome to the 21st century! One thing about DVDs is that you don't have to rewind them! What brand did you get? I paid $29.00 for mine. Not exactly a well known name, but it works fine!

moosmom
12-31-2004, 07:37 AM
The brand is Cyberhome. Never heard of it, but I don't care. I probably won't use it much anyways. That's probably why my VCR lasted so long! At least now when I go into Blockbuster, they won't laugh at me and whisper behind my back. "Pssst, here comes THAT lady again, looking for videotapes. When is she gonna get a grip??"

Maybe NOW I can finally rent National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

petslover
12-31-2004, 12:29 PM
Are you talking about the Christmas Vacation with Uncle Eddie or the Original one! They made a new one with uncle eddie which is really funny!

Corinna
12-31-2004, 12:38 PM
Donna don't dispair my daughter and I each still have "oh gasp" Beta players and over 100 beta tapes..Hubby is now putting them to dvd from his computer so I can take up less space. some of them were when you couldn't by them only came out to rental places. Lots of disneys if any one wants any e-mail me and I'll send you a list.

cloverfdx
12-31-2004, 12:43 PM
Loved the book, but the movie was Eh.. Hope you enjoy. :)

cookieluver7
12-31-2004, 03:21 PM
Have fun with your new dvd player! BTW, let me know if the dvd you bought is any good! ;)