PDA

View Full Version : Bunny Litter...HELP?

NoahsMommy
12-10-2001, 03:28 PM
Hey there,

We need some help....when we adopted Thomas for Faith, he was using that recyclable litter stuff. The person we adopted her from said he was used to that and we should use it. So we got some and it is TERRIBLE! They kick it all over the floor and we have to vacume it every day!! We've already wasted 2 bags this way and it isn't all that cheap...Zippy, Karen, anyone with a house bun...what type of litter do you use? (And where do you get it?) We were told that wood shavings are BAD....any ideas???? Our apartment is in destress....along with our vacume cleaner! :(

Heather Wallace
12-10-2001, 07:37 PM
Hello
I hadn't even heard of litter for rabbits. When I let Bunny out in the spare room that we have for the rabbits, I usually just go around with the vacum afterwards trying to catch alI of the poo. Let me know if you find anything, I thought that sawdust would have been the best thing really.

Karen
12-10-2001, 10:30 PM
I posted in the other place she asked this, but I'll respond to your reponse, too, Heather! Our bunny has a litter box, which she uses unfailingly for liquid, and either in or right next to for the "pellets" bunnies drop. We use the Carefresh litter - recycled newspaper. Cat litter is terrible for bunnies - the clay is bad if they eat it, and the dust it raises is bad for them, too.

Here is the House Rabbit Society's excellent bit on what litter to use:
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/litter.html#litter