PDA

View Full Version : RIP Lieutenant Lennie Briscoe

moosmom
12-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Jerry Orbach, who starred in Law & Order as Lt. Lennie Briscoe, died of prostate cancer. He was 69.

RIP Jer. I watch you every single night on L&O. I also remember you as the father in Dirty Dancing. You will be sorely missed. :(

tatsxxx11
12-29-2004, 06:43 PM
The amazing Jerry Orbach was one of my all time favorite actors and I was so heartbroken to hear of his untimely passing:(:(:( I saw him several times on Broadway, in 42nd Street, Chicago with Chita Rivera and Guys and Dolls. What a song and dance man! I loved him in Dirty Dancing as Baby's Daddy and of course, Law and Order. What a loss. He was as nice and kind and gentle a man as he was a fine actor. Rest in peace, dear man. My heart goes out to his family:(

Jadapit
12-29-2004, 07:36 PM
I was saddened to hear of his passing. I watched Law and Order also. He will be missed.:(

manda_moo87
12-29-2004, 07:44 PM
My Mom was devistated the hear about his passing, she loved him too and is also a big Law and Order fan.

Logan
12-29-2004, 09:20 PM
I was so sad to hear this on the news tonight. :( I did not know that he was the voice of the candelabra, Lumiere, in Beauty and the Beast! Did you? I can just hear that wonderful song, "Be Our Guest" and now I know he was the lead singer! I enjoyed him so much on Law and Order and was sad when he announced he was leaving. The news said that he was just diagnosed a few weeks ago with prostate cancer and now he is gone. :(

shais_mom
12-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Godspeed Jerry.
You will be sadly missed.

Cinder & Smoke
12-30-2004, 12:37 AM
:(

Rest In Peace, Jerry (or Lennie, if you'd rather)...

You played you parts well!! ;)

/s/ :( Phred

Fett
12-30-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I was so sad to hear this on the news tonight. :( I did not know that he was the voice of the candelabra, Lumiere, in Beauty and the Beast! Did you?
As a kid, that was the only role I knew he did. So when I saw him on L&O, I yelled, 'That's Lumiere!'. :)

Very sad to know he's gone. :(

*edit* OOPS! This is Kimmy. I just realized I'm logged on with Andy's account. :o

moosmom
12-30-2004, 07:45 AM
There's going to be a L&O Marathon on New Year's Eve Day. You know where I'll be!

prechrswife
12-30-2004, 07:46 AM
Very sad news...:(