PDA

View Full Version : New degree...

chrangharris
12-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Mina'smommy got me thinking on this so I thought I would throw the question out there. I'm currently certified to teach elementary school and have my BA in Education. Through my husband's job, I'm able to get additonal undergrad degrees, free of charge- I just need to pay for books. I can get a Master's for half price. That is just to good of a deal to pass up so I'm looking into getting another undergrad...problem is, I can't decide what I want to do. I love math and have thought about getting a degree in math but what would I do with that? Currently, I'm staying at home to raise our children but I know someday I'll be going back to work. I don't think I want to go back to teaching. I love teaching but the stress is way to much with all of the new laws. I've thought about teaching college. What kind of degrees do I need to teach college? I've also thought about going into counseling. Any other ideas?

mina'smomma
12-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey Chris,

According to my professor that I just talked to you really need either a Masters or a Phd.

Good Luck!

*wonders if I'm starting a new trend now;) *

chrangharris
12-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Minasmommy- you're a trend setter!!!

After starting this thread I got online to some local university's. All of them require at least a Master's to teach. I got some ideas though. It helps to know what you need to get where you want to go! I'm still young so I have time!

mina'smomma
12-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by chrangharris
Minasmommy- you're a trend setter!!!

After starting this thread I got online to some local university's. All of them require at least a Master's to teach. I got some ideas though. It helps to know what you need to get where you want to go! I'm still young so I have time!

I wish you luck. I live on the philosphy you're never too young to go back to college. Just make sure not to overwhelm yourself with classes like I did last year. I work full time, and took six 4 hour classes. I will never do that again unless I'm not working.

chrangharris
12-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Wow! That's a huge workload! I will only take a class at a time so I can be home with Misha!

mina'smomma
12-30-2004, 07:01 AM
That is a wise decision Chris. Don't make my mistake and try to go gunho on it.