PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #87 - Bye - Bye 2004

momoffuzzyfaces
12-29-2004, 11:59 AM
door creaks open and moff enters:

Well, lands sake! Where is everyone? Still sleeping off Christmas Cookies I bet!

Hi, Mario! Let's start getting the goodies lined our for New Year's eve. I need a date this year. Are you spoken for?:D

lbaker
12-29-2004, 12:24 PM
He may be your date MOFF but he has promised me at least one dance and is penciled in for the first Hokey Pokey on my dance card ;) I think we should think about a huge Smorgasbord for our New Years celebration with some of the best snack-a-roos from over the last year. Boy, we have had some goooood stuff here at Thursdays.. food and drink, so let's just browse at the ol' groaning board and re-live some of the best moments.. :cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
He may be your date MOFF but he has promised me at least one dance and is penciled in for the first Hokey Pokey on my dance card ;) I think we should think about a huge Smorgasbord for our New Years celebration with some of the best snack-a-roos from over the last year. Boy, we have had some goooood stuff here at Thursdays.. food and drink, so let's just browse at the ol' groaning board and re-live some of the best moments.. :cool:
That's ok! I'll be glad to share our little dancin' machine with you and everyone!

:D

davidpizzica
12-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Boy, Laurie, did we have a lot of goodies this last year!! I'll take one of everything!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Any ideas for a dotd?
OR
We could dump all the dotd's from the past year in a big vat together and have a massive headache/tummy ache? ;)
We could call it a slurpie!:D

lbaker
12-29-2004, 01:22 PM
SUMPIN TELLS ME DUMPIN' DA DRINKS IN ONE BIG VAT IS MEBBIE NOT SUTCH A GUD IDEA TUMS TUM TUM TUM BLAHHH

smokey the elder
12-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Oh, no! Not a Hairy Buffalo. That's what we used to call it when you mixed everything together. In Wisconsin they call it Wapatuli (sp?)

catland
12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
This could be dangerous. I think I'll do something less destructive like work on the fire. Sounds like a good day for shrimp on the Barbie and some onion rings.

Maybe we could call the drink the Ultimate Slushie?

lbaker
12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
"Ultimate Slushie" is liable to give the "Richard Slushie" a bad name. His are divine, this mixture sounds volitile :eek: Shrimp on the barbie was a definate winner, as are the onion rings. I thought my corn fritters went over quite well also. I think we should stay away from "Tom the Cat"'s Romanian specialties for these festivities. They sound a bit too much like that nasty "Black Pudding" from a few weeks ago. YUCK!

Corinna
12-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Hey you all beat me here I have streamers,hats,and party poppers here in this bag.sets huge bag on bar In this one my usual New Year treat a couple summer sausages and cheese with crackers.Also so veggies and dip. tring to stick to my diet need to get blood sugars down again
Don't we have champain for new years at midnight. oh man do I have to go down to the wine cellar (yuck ) its almost as creepy as the lost and found! Ges I'll go check on supply Mario want to come with me?

slick
12-29-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey everyone! First off, Laurie...how are you feeling? Can you talk yet? If you are up to it, how about making some of your famous crab cakes?:)

As for putting the DOTD's into one mix......yuck!! A short story: when I was about 21 I went to a parteee just across the border (Pt. Roberts) with two guys that I knew. I remember arriving, I remember seeing all the guys dumping rum, vodka, rye and other stuff into one big punch bowl. I remember having my first drink. I remember having my second drink. Next thing you know I'm the princess of porcelain. Hours later I remember being dumped in my own bed....don't remember how I got there.:eek:

So on that note.....I'll just take an ice water for now.;)

Logan
12-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Champagne, please!!!! :) And Laurie, I want "crab something" (bisque, cake, anything). :D

My little Bennie bird is moving out tomorrow and going to live with Amber (CamCamPup33). She is so excited! I'm going to miss that little fellow, but I know he is going to a terrific new home. :) So let's toast Amber and Bennie!!

Logan

davidpizzica
12-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Hey you all beat me here I have streamers,hats,and party poppers here in this bag.sets huge bag on bar In this one my usual New Year treat a couple summer sausages and cheese with crackers.Also so veggies and dip. tring to stick to my diet need to get blood sugars down again
Don't we have champain for new years at midnight. oh man do I have to go down to the wine cellar (yuck ) its almost as creepy as the lost and found! Ges I'll go check on supply Mario want to come with me? Corinna, I like the idea of veggies & dip! Gotta keep my sugar down, too! Corinna, I'll go down to the wine cellar and see if I can find some champagne. You're right it is almost as bad as the L & F!

Corinna
12-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks David but Mario and I just counted and do you think 40 bottles is enough for this crowd? Don't just feel like your being punished at the holidays becouse if you eat your in trouble if you don't you feel like an out cast ? It sucks you'd think after 8 years I'd feel better about it I don't!!!

davidpizzica
12-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Corinna, I'm a borderline diabetic. I feel like there is temptation all around me. I'm not allowed no white bread, no white pasta, no white potatoes and no white rice. Splenda is my buddy. I also take Metformin. Corinna, it's a struggle! BTW, how much sugar is in champagne? I think forty might be enough, but bring up maybe a couple more just in case!

Killearn Kitties
12-29-2004, 05:07 PM
My vote is for champagne too. Surely 40 is more than enough! :eek: Didn't like the sound of that Harry Buffalo stuff. Last week's drink was a Harry Buffalo all on it's own! Ooh, Laurie, I'd love some of your crab cakes too, although Lynne's black pudding was wonderful - trust me.

A toast to Amber and Bennie - Long Life and Happiness! :D

lbaker
12-29-2004, 05:12 PM
"Just in CASE" David? Cases? I don't think so. Fun is fun but no knighting the porcelain this night. A glass of bubbly with a single strawberry. (OK Mario, a cherry :rolleyes: ) Cheese?! OBOY! Remember some of those wonderful German & Dutch cheeses we had? Let's make a platter of cheese and really good crackers and chewey bread, maybe some sausage or smoked salmon to pick on.. OH THIS IS GONNA BE YUMMY.
Lauries Eastern Shore, Chesapeake Bay crabcakes, YOUR ON. Oh boy, Logan? You have to be here and BRING THE OLD BAY!:D

Killearn Kitties
12-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Well that all sounds wonderful Laurie, I'm very partial to cheese and smoked salmon, but does this mean you are not going to make your crab cakes? :eek:

lbaker
12-29-2004, 05:21 PM
No prob KK, but you know what I did Christmas morn? I put my crabcake stuff inside a PuffPastry and thought it would go over (maybe something special?) WOW, WRONG! My son thought it was to "froo froo and yuppie" and scooped the crabcake out :rolleyes: He was right, simple is better :cool:

davidpizzica
12-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Uh, laurie? I meant two BOTTLES, not two cases! I promise I won't go near there!

Corinna
12-29-2004, 11:42 PM
David I have been a type 2 for 8 years I was on metformin for a while but it stopped working for me , the new med was $23.00 a pill. I watch what I eat and have found a combination of herbals that do the same thing(organic substances that were synthitcs of the pill) but I really have to watch it. Doc says lose 30 more lbs and I shouldn't need the Meds.
Hey how is the decorating going? Do I need to get more of any thing? How about a little CCR onthe jukebox?

davidpizzica
12-30-2004, 04:55 AM
Now, you're talking, Corinna! Play everything by CCR! I like every song that they did!

Killearn Kitties
12-30-2004, 05:00 AM
Are you still the DJ, David? Get that juke box going and come and tell me your New Year's resolutions!

davidpizzica
12-30-2004, 05:11 AM
Karen, I might play some Simon & Garfunkel, too! And I take requests. My number one resolution is to get back to my diet in 2005!

moosmom
12-30-2004, 07:03 AM
Yo David!

How about a little Peter, Paul & Mary.

RICHARD,

Pour me a double stiff one. Preferably Stoli's or Absolut. As of Jan 2, my drinking comes to a halt.

davidpizzica
12-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Donna, I'll put Peter, Paul, and Mary s songs in there just for you. I love "Blowin' in the wind".

Corinna
12-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Please "Play the Boxer" Well I woke up to 6 new inches of snow. and still snowing, My car is down so I have to walk to the store. I'll be back a little later.

davidpizzica
12-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Will do, Corinna!

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone...

Busy today and My home monitor was a victim of the rain.....

It died.....

But Hey....things could be worse....

A mass DONE for everyone....I'll be back later...

Logan
12-30-2004, 11:41 AM
I hate that, Richard! :( I just "freecycled" a 19 inch monitor last week that had been sitting in my office, unused. Too bad you weren't closer and I could have "freecycled" it to you! Today's "freecycling" consists of a computer keyboard going to a girl who has some keys not working on hers and an old HP printer that a lady needs. I like freecycling! (www.freecycle.com)

Hope your day gets better!
Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi, everyone!
WOW! The decorations look great!

I see Mario has even polished his dancin' shoes! Look! He can see his cute little face in them!

I'm having gingerale with a cherry or two and some nachos!
I'll share!:D

trayi52
12-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone! How are you all doing today?? The place really looks great!! Did Mario have a hand in the decorations? I know Monkeys are great at decorating, Mario and his late wife done my house in yarn one time, it was great! Just the wrong time of the year!

Would a Hot Buttered Rum be too much trouble?

Willie:D

lbaker
12-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Make sure you throw a few cherries to Mario but just don't let him spill cherry juice on his shiny shoes ;) He does like that noise maker doesn't he.. boy oh boy, someone better take it from him before we all end up with headaches before the party even begins :rolleyes: HI WILLIE * waves * Hot buttered rum for you. hmmm, sounds good.. I believe I'll join you.

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
lololol...

I think that Mario deserves his own decorating show!

Two HBRs for tray and Laurie.

MOFF,
Gingerale, nachos and CNTs for the boys!

DONE!!!

Logan,
Thank you for the kind thoughts......I left the window open and the water got in.....Darn cat....with no opposable thumbs he couldn't help me!

I think that a applicable song, with all the water related torment lately should be "bridge over troubled water"..No pun intended.....it's just appropriate!!:(

Moosmom......

ABSOLUT-ELY..................... DONE!!!!;)

Corinna
12-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Wow you guys really did the place up. I'll take one of those HBR . I just walked back from store .27 degrees (F) wind blowing and its still snowing. I hope the machanic gets my car done soon.Hi Willie so glad your here to day. Did we get that champage out and in the cooler to chill? Guess I'll check.
I have a prayer request for New ears eve. My sil is driving a cab and doing the free ride home program. With the snow,drunks and the way he drives I'm a bit worried. Please keep him in your thoughts .

catland
12-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi everybody. Hope you are all dry and warm. Corrina - prayers on the way - its so good that he's doing the free ride thing but I don't blame you for being worried - some drunks are just no fun to be around.

My weather isn't too bad but there is a slight chance that we'll see snow here in Portland this weekend. (this translates into - DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW AND RUN TO THE STORE AND BUY AS MUCH MILK, SOUP, AND BREAD THAT YOU CAN BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO BE SNOWED IN UNTIL MARCH).

The joke being that this is what happens when we get 1/2 inch of snow in these parts.

Richard - that's what happens when you leave the cat in charge. Mine are just as useless. They sleep on the clean laundry instead of folding it and are terrible at loading the dishwasher (licking the butter plate doesn't count).

Hi Mario - good to see you again.:D

Corinna
12-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Catland I know what you mean I grew up in Mount Vernon Washington the frecking out at 1/2 " of wet concrete is really funny now , but not then . Here it nothing to go to town in 8" or more of powder. The ski resorts are very happy to day. Its all prespective. Grab lots of soup and bread.
Specking of bread Richard that sourdough was heavenly. I froze it until the prevous one was gone I finally ate the last one. I took the wrapper to my local store they are tring to get it. Yahoo. Thanks again it was great.

davidpizzica
12-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm so old that I remember Guy Lombardo and his ochestra playing Auld Lang Syne at midnight. I'll see if I can't find a copy of it somewhere.

Corinna
12-30-2004, 01:06 PM
I remember him too. I think hubby has it on a site he can down load music. I'll check to night and see. I remember Benny goodman and Mich Miller.

Corinna
12-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey since its so cold , snow and wet in most locations I'm making a huge pot of chili and fresh corn bread. So all dive in and take the chill off.

moosmom
12-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Oh Corrina,

I remember Mitch Miller and his "Sing Along with Mitch" gang!!! I used to sleep over my godmother's house and watch it every Friday (I think) night! Boy does that ever bring back memories.

It's 45 degrees here in Ecorse. Supposed to be that way for the next day or so!

RICHARD,

Don't forget the slice or two of lime please.

Davidp,

Screw Auld Lang Syne! I want Peter, Paul & Mary!!

Corinna
12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
47 can I come and wear my shorts!!:rolleyes: Its boncing between 22-28 here. then ad the wind . Just plain cold.

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 02:37 PM
mm,

Sliced lime?

DONE!

Corrina,
Chili?? YUM!!!

If your store cannot get bread, let me know.

DONE!

Catland,

I know!;)

David,

Guy Lombardo....DONE!

luckies4me
12-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone! :D I haven't been posting as much on Pet Talk lately because I've been spending a lot of time with friends and the critters but I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing? I am doing good. Don't know exactly what plans I have for New Years yet, but I am sure I will figure something out. I *was* supposed to go to Seattle today to visit a friend but I couldn't find a dog sitter in enough time so I had to reschedule for next weekend.

Anywho...can I have a Midori sour please, with an extra cherry? :-D

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Hi everyone!
Anywho...can I have a Midori sour please, with an extra cherry? :-D

Midori Sour, extra cherry, DOne!

Stay outta trouble!!!!:)

luckies4me
12-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Midori Sour, extra cherry, DOne!

Stay outta trouble!!!!:)

LOL! Trouble? HAHA! We'll see. ;) :p

davidpizzica
12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Sorry, Domma. I guess I'm a little bit older than you! Peter, Paul & Mary it is!!

gini
12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
http://web.icq.com/friendship/swf/0,,16961_rs,00.swf

Here is a little something to help everyone celebrate!

Richard, sorry about your monitor...........my flooding took place in the garage............so much fun!

Champagne..yes, that sounds great.

Here is to 2005 - just don't drive!

Oh, Laurie, did you make those crab cakes? MMMMMM...........
and MOFF, did you bring onion rings? Oh, tummy, please forgive me!

moosmom
12-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Cass,

My daughter's favorite drink is a Midori Sour! You have such great taste!

Hope everything is going well with you!

(((hugs)))
Donna

Corinna
12-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey Slick your missing all the fun Where are you!!!!! we need you here.

slick
12-30-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm here Corinna...just not in a "Thursday mood" this week. Have fun everyone and have a safe and Happy New Year.

{{{HUGHS}}} to everyone.

RICHARD
12-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I want to wich you all a nice New Year - I hope that I can get a replacement monitor, or my olde one dries out and works-so I can come back and celebrate with you all.

If I don't see any of you, Have a Happy and Be Safe..:)

luckies4me
12-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Cass,

My daughter's favorite drink is a Midori Sour! You have such great taste!

Hope everything is going well with you!

(((hugs)))
Donna

Thanks! :D I am doing fairly well. :) Just trying to figure out my life right now.

Great minds think alike. ;)

Corinna
12-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Good morning all !! I'm glad to see its good and warm with that fire , Its 12 degrees and wind chill making it -15 here this morning. Sure glad I have no where to go. I brought in a couple cheese quichies one has bacon. I 'll get a pot of coffee and some hot water going.
MMM I guess a little Artie Shaw to remember him by.

davidpizzica
12-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Corinna, I wish you can come to Pittsburgh to warm up! It's about 50 degrees here and raining. Coffee and cheese quiche sound and smell great!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by gini

and MOFF, did you bring onion rings? Oh, tummy, please forgive me! Yep! Onion rings, nachos, and lots of Tums and Alkaseltzer!

Happy Last day of 2004 everyone!:D

slick
12-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey everyone! Feeling a bit better today...just got off the phone with Laurie. She all tucked in, in front of the fire surrounded by loving family and furbabies, and here I am stuck at work. Life is so unfair sometimes....:p

Don't know where the bartender is so I'm just going to help myself to a double BM to lighten my mood a bit.

Big Hugs to all of you on this very special New Year's Eve.

OMD Mario.....put those onion rings down. You know they give you gas!!!:eek:

Killearn Kitties
12-31-2004, 01:38 PM
Oh go on Slick, make me one too please. Work??! That IS unfair! Can I bring some tradition New Year's Black Bun for anyone? Good for lining your stomach! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by slick

OMD Mario.....put those onion rings down. You know they give you gas!!!:eek: Guess he wants to send 2004 out with a BANG!

Glad you are feeling better!

HUGS back!!!

Guess what I saw at Walmart today?
VALENTINE STUFF!!!

slick
12-31-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Can I bring some tradition New Year's Black Bun for anyone? Good for lining your stomach! ;)
:confused: :confused: And just what might that be, pray tell?? Hurry, because my imagination acting up right now....:D

You've got to be joking Connie? Valentine's already?? :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2004, 01:53 PM

You've got to be joking Connie? Valentine's already?? :eek: I wouldn't joke about my least favorite holiday. I really don't like Valentine's day!

I'm like Charlie Brown: I know nobody loves me but do they have to have a day to rub it in? ;) :D

Killearn Kitties
12-31-2004, 02:09 PM
It's traditional! Apparently, anyway. My family never had it, but Alec's great auntie in Ayr always made it for New Year. It's kind of like a rich fruit cake wrapped in pastry. (Sorry to disappoint. :D)

gini
12-31-2004, 02:33 PM
Well, Connie, let me be the very first to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day. :D :D

Got a busy day going on here, so I will skip the drinks for now, but I will grab a few of those onion rings and a Pepsi!

I have decided that I don't eat anything black!:D

jazzzytina
12-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Me and my man Tad want a shot of your finest bourbon, neat.

We're rockin out to the Ramones this afternoon, a live concert recorded 27 years ago today in London. God bless Joey, Johnny & Dee Dee, may they rest in peace.

Tina is a punk rocker...

Happy New Year Everyone!!! :)

lbaker
12-31-2004, 03:24 PM
OMD! Black buns? I don't suppose we're talking about dear Sophie are we? Crabbie cakes for everyone... I said EF the budget, it's New Years and I'm with my buds... Have the champagne on ice and the strawberries AND raspberries! Yes Mario, cherries too :rolleyes: on the counter for our toast to each other and all that can't be here. Thanks for the phone call Slick. Baby.. you're the greatest! Love you guys. Time to throw another log on the fire.. fix me up another cup of tea.. throw another log on the fire.. and babe tell me why you're leaving me..:p

davidpizzica
12-31-2004, 03:34 PM
Laurie, those crabcakes sound wonderful! Here let me throw another log on the fire, and I DO remember that song!

lbaker
12-31-2004, 03:46 PM
David.. I didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about! hehehe.. That's right, I forgot you are kinda old too :rolleyes: ;) who sang that anyway? Great song :D

davidpizzica
12-31-2004, 03:55 PM
Laurie, "rustle up some bacon and some beans" is I think the second line!

Killearn Kitties
12-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Sorry, never heard that song before. Who was it?

slick
12-31-2004, 04:24 PM
Well, I'm home now and much to my surprise Max and Speckles are sleeping......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:....and you wonder why I don't post pictures, Laurie!!:D BTW, the weather here is just beautiful...sunny skies and about 45 deg. Purrfect shorts weather, in fact I've been wearing shorts all winter so far.

Gini, I'm not touching that line with a ten-foot pole!!!:D :D

Hey David...**waves**

Tina, nice to see you here! :)

Karen: Fruitcake???? Yuck....sorry, I don't do anything fruity!:D

I'm home for the night now.....no getting caught in roadblocks with nice Police Occifers. ;) I'm going to fix up a batch of slushies just for Auld Lang Syne sakes. :)

Killearn Kitties
12-31-2004, 04:38 PM
Oh well, I'll join you in a slushie, please. I don't think I'll bother going out either. I'm getting kind of tired. I had a shower there to wake myself up, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Think I might go to be d early instead of socialising. :D

slick
12-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Here you go Karen. One slushie for each hand.
Lets toast to the Pet Talk UK Trip 2006.....:)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by gini
Well, Connie, let me be the very first to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day. :D :D :D Gee, thanks gini! You're all heart!

Hi, everyone!

Mario, you look so spiffy! I see you got your dancin' shoes on!

Get down! Boogy oogy oogy! :D

Killearn Kitties
12-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Lets toast to the Pet Talk UK Trip 2006.....:)

I'll drink to that! Can't come soon enough! :D Perhaps you could charter a plane and bring everyone!

slick
12-31-2004, 04:57 PM
MOFF, I totally agree with you about V-Day. I hate it! As much as I give my good wishes to all the lovers of the world, I see the day as being just another day for the retailers to make big bucks. Roses triple in price and all over the TV you see ads for jewellery......"only $1,999.99" :eek: Drives me crazy. How about this? All the Pet Talk singletons gathering together on V-Day to have a special toast to each other, and friendship. Sound like a plan?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2004, 05:01 PM
MOFF, I totally agree with you about V-Day. I hate it! As much as I give my good wishes to all the lovers of the world, I see the day as being just another day for the retailers to make big bucks. Roses triple in price and all over the TV you see ads for jewellery......"only $1,999.99" :eek: Drives me crazy. How about this? All the Pet Talk singletons gathering together on V-Day to have a special toast to each other, and friendship. Sound like a plan? I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!!!;)

davidpizzica
12-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Connie, I wonder how many single people are there on PT? Not that many, I suppose.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, I wonder how many single people are there on PT? Not that many, I suppose. I don't know, David. I fear we are a fast vanishing breed!:D

KYS
12-31-2004, 05:30 PM
Safe and Happy New Year everybody.

I'll bring our traditional New Years, Shrimp Tempura over.

P.S. I was never big on V-Day either.

slick
12-31-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi KYS: come on in and make yourself comfortable. Richard has not checked in today so I assume that his monitor is "dead in the water" so to speak. Guess I'll do the bartending job this evening.

MMMMMMMMM shrimp tempura.......now you're talking my language.:)

gini
12-31-2004, 06:08 PM
I had to go to the market because I have been asked to "bake" something for this evening. (gasp)

I saw a cone in the road that had been hit by a car. There were little tiny pieces of cone all over the road. I didn't know what to do. Should I cry.......should I pull over and put all of the pieces in a pile and take them home to bury them.

What did I decide to do?

Shrimp tempura.............forgive me Slick if I pushed you out of the way.............that happens to be one of my favorites.

Now I will have that drink - since I spit out my other one over Slick's post.

Mario - you little cute thing.......come on over here and I promise I will save some champagne for you at midnight.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2004, 08:03 PM
YAWN!!!
I'm sinking fast!!!
It's only 8 pm here. I'll never make it to midnight without a nap!
Not even Maro dancing a hoochie coochie dance will work!

SNORE!!!!

One funny thing: our Elks club is having a party tonight with a DJ. The DJ is POOP-DOGGY-DOG!!! Really!:eek:

No wonder they are letting everyone in FREE!:D

slick
12-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Wake up Connie.......stay with the program.......

**waves some onion rings and cherry vanilla coke under the nose**

This should bring you back to life.:D

Gini, quit spitting all over my posts!!! :p

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2004, 08:47 PM
:D Thanks slick! I needed that!:D

lbaker
12-31-2004, 09:25 PM
Oh poor little cone :( Gini, how awful.. :( But that was then and this is now. I just went upstairs and asked the eldest Grandson if he happened to have any Frank Sinatra CD thingies and lo and behold he goes into his drawer and pulls out Frank Sinatra. He also has Bob Marley and Little Feat. Chili Peppers and all kinds of thingamajigs. I'm having a wonderful New Years so far :cool: David.. I can't remember the third verse, I'll have to go into my old albums. Or vinyl.. whatever they call it these days :rolleyes:

slick
12-31-2004, 09:30 PM
OMD Laurie!! You are still awake......got any of that bubbly and strawberries left?

luckies4me
12-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone. :) I'll be staying home tonight alone. All my friends made plans. :( So hrmm....anyone want to get me a Scotch Burn? :p

slick
12-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Hi everyone. :) I'll be staying home tonight alone. All my friends made plans. :( So hrmm....anyone want to get me a Scotch Burn? :p
I'm in the same boat Cass! Scotch Burn???? :confused:
What's that?? Can I use a life-line and ask the audience??;)

jazzzytina
12-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Laurie & David:

My ex husband used to sing that song to me all the time! I think it goes...

Throw another log on the fire honey
Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
And go out to the car and change the tire.
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe
And then go fetch my slippers.
And boil me up another pot of tea.
Then put another log on the fire babe,
And come & tell me why you're leaving me.

Now don't I let you wash the car on Sunday?
And don't I warn you when you're gettin fat?
Ain't I a-gonna take you fishin' with me someday?
Well, a man can't love a woman more than that.
And ain't I always nice to your kid sister?
Don't I take her driving every night?
So, sit here at my feet cause I like you when you're sweet,
And you know it ain't feminine to fight.

So, put another log on the fire.
Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
And go out to the car and change the tire.
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe
And then go fetch my slippers.
And boil me up another pot of tea.
Then put another log on the fire babe,
And come & tell me why you're leaving me.

I don't know who it's by, but just thought you might enjoy the lyrics! Happy New Year :)

LoudLou
12-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Many people have done this song. It was written by Shel Silverstein.:D

http://www.banned-width.com/shel/works/log.html

luckies4me
01-01-2005, 06:27 AM
Well Happy New Year everyone! Hope each and everyone is you had a good night! :D

lbaker
01-01-2005, 07:46 AM
OMD! Well if that don't beat all :D Have a question? PT'ers have the answer. I forgot all about Shel Silverstein! I think I'm thinking of the version (same lyrics) by David Allen Coe, or maybe John Prine. Funny song and great evening last night. Fire is still going this morning and I stashed a bottle of bubbly so I'm just about to make myself a mimosa and eat some leftover shrimp. Life is tough huh ;) Happy New Year my dear friends.

davidpizzica
01-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Laurie, The version of that song that I remember is by David Alan Coe. If I can share the shrimp and have a mimosa, maybe we can sing it together!

slick
01-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone! As this first day of 2005 begins, I want to wish you all much love, happiness and good health.

Shove over Laurie.....I'm up for a Mimosa and shrimp.:) :)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2005, 11:57 AM
HAPPY 2005, EVERYBODY!!!:D

I'm having a waffle with blueberry syrup.
I'll share! (yes, mario, you can have one too!)
:)

gini
01-01-2005, 12:02 PM
You cannot imagine how hard Annie tried to get me up. She must have made a dozen midair attacks on the bed. I was having none of it and she finally gave up and cuddled some more.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

A new beginning............I hope it leads to good health and much happiness for all Pet Talkers and for all of our furkids.

Now back to the parade - I snagged a Mimosa......thanks, I will be back and bring lunch.

slick
01-01-2005, 12:17 PM
GOOD MORNING GINI!!!
Sorry, was that a big loud for ya??? :p :D Here's some aspirin.

Hi MOFF, no waffles for me. I just finished breakfast....a veggie omelet with green onions, peppers, mushrooms and topped with melted cheese. Gee...kinda sounds like a pizza!

I've got a house full of cleaning to do today, but will check in from time to time.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2005, 12:18 PM
HI, GINI! HI, SLICK!
What's for lunch?

slick
01-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Um, slick, you closed your door with a } instead of a ]. Your door is still open!:D
When in doubt....delete the post and try again....:D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2005, 12:24 PM
When in doubt....delete the post and try again....:D :D LOL!
You made me think I was seeing things! By the time I posted that, you had deleted your post! So, I changed mine!
LOL!:D

I think I need a nap!

zippy-kat
01-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Happy 2005, everyone!

Last night we celebrated with three different time zones: CST, MST, and PST -- I just did crawl out of bed. ;)

jazzzytina
01-01-2005, 02:56 PM
It's 3:54 pm here in the south, and we're getting ready for another New Years party! We're having Heroin Wings, Bacon-cheese dip, honey-baked ham, deviled eggs, lemon pie, cake & ice cream, and LOTS of drinks - gin & tonic, midori sours, irish creme & coffee! Fun, fun! And we're having our guest dogs, Sadie (a golden retriever) and Tessa (akita/border collie mix) as Nilla's special guests! (No guest kitties, though, :( )

Happy New Year again everyone! May this be the happiest one yet for each and every one of you and your family! :D :D :D

gini
01-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Lunch is here...........honey baked ham.......honey mustard.........fresh hot rolls............mimosa salad..........potato salad..........cole slaw...........really crunchy dill pickles...........

and a bunch of Boston Creme Pies for dessert.

Boy, I sure wish that stuff was at my house
:D :D

slick
01-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Oh goody....what a spread. You must have been cooking all day Gini. Thanks. I'm baking a ham tomorrow night for dinner. Want to come over?

Love those dill pickles......crunchy and garlicky.

JT: Another NY party.....you must be a whole lot younger than me.

Zippy....please do enlighten us. What did you do?

RICHARD
01-03-2005, 11:29 AM
I was with you all in spirit.

Got the monitor dried out and working.....now the phone system is out on our block....when it rains hard the friggen box on the next block gets wet and zippo, nada, nothing......

Oh well, I wish you all a fantastic new year, break all your resolutions now.......it'll keep ya from being miserable for a week or two.....;)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Glad you are back with us Richard!
I will admit to wondering if your monitor really died or you were making an excuse to watch all the football games! ;)

Is Eddie a football fan too?:D

RICHARD
01-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Glad you are back with us Richard!
I will admit to wondering if your monitor really died or you were making an excuse to watch all the football games! ;)

Is Eddie a football fan too?:D

Nope, the monitor really died!!!!

I think that I watched, all together, about three quarters of a football game all weekend.

I even missed the B-2 bomber flyover for the start of the parade.

In the years past, the B-2 makes a few laps around my house and then goes to the parade......My brother heard it pass over, but my heart wasn't into it this year.
--------------------------

Ed is a football fan until an exciting play happens..........
I scream, he jumps,
I laugh, he goes to the bed and lies down again....:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Ed is a football fan until an exciting play happens..........
I scream, he jumps,
I laugh, he goes to the bed and lies down again....:D

Sounds like Peanut. We were watching a few games in the motorhome and Terry tends to get a bit excited. She was in her little bed on the couch....until the first big play. After that she decided the bedroom was a better place for a nap until the game was over. ;) :D

RICHARD
01-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
We were watching a few games in the motorhome and Terry tends to get a bit excited.

If the motorhome's a rocking-
It's just football?
;) :D :eek:

lbaker
01-03-2005, 02:56 PM
:o :eek: :o :D

slick
01-03-2005, 03:15 PM
We were watching a few games in the motorhome and Terry tends to get a bit excited.
Laurie....can we really leave this alone??? Help me Lord, I'm trying to start off the year on my good foot!:D :D :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2005, 03:35 PM
:eek: :eek:

Oops, what I meant for those of you with "wandering" minds, was that Terry tends to do a lot of yelling at the TV while a football game is on. Then he explains - in detail - to me what should have been done and why it should have been done and how are they ever going to win if they keep making plays like that!

I'm sure Richard knows exactly what I am talking about when I say "excited"....in terms of football that is....

Ok, ok, have a field day with it. ;) :D :D

RICHARD
01-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

I'm sure Richard knows exactly what I am talking about when I say "excited"....in terms of football that is....

One track minds.........

But don't you love that look on Peanut's face??

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL 'BOUT??:mad: :eek: :confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
One track minds.........

But don't you love that look on Peanut's face??

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL 'BOUT??:mad: :eek: :confused:

And then the look on Terry's face....Oh, did I scare her? :rolleyes: ;) :D