PDA

View Full Version : Gracie is starting to trust us!

cubby31682
12-29-2004, 06:07 AM
When we first got her, I would feed her and she would hurry up and eat all of her food. The other night I fed her and she ate 3 bites went and looked at the cat, went back to eat and finished her bowl of food. Then the next day while she was eating she decided she wanted to see what I was doing. I petted her on the head and told her to finish eating. Which she did with out a problem. She is learning that she will get fed no matter what. She will always have her next meal here. If we are on the road when it is her dinner time I bring treats with me to hold her over.

She has also been rolling over on her side to let us kind of rub her belly but not trusting us much. Well this morning I got up and hubby already let her out of her cage. She was on the couch and turned all the way over on her back. She kept looking up at me waiting for me to giver her really good belly rubs. Which I had no problem doing. :D :p When I would stop she would look up at me again and start bumping me with her head until I started again.

One month ago this little girl walked in to my life and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. At work I can't wait to go home and see her and pet her. I can't wait to tell her that I love her. I can't wait to play tug-a-war with her, even though she does cheat. I can't wait to give her a treat or two.

That's my Gracie May. So sweet and loving and full of energy, and so much fun. :D :D

LorraineO
12-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Isnt it wonderful when thye give you that unconditional lovec wether we deserve it or not?? I often think dogs, animals in general are the higher species in so many ways! forgiveness and love are the best and we as a race have yet to conquer that one on soooo mant levels!!!!!!

ramanth
12-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Wonderful news!! Glad to hear she's settling in and understanding that she'll never be neglected again. :)

Miranda_Rae
12-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Thats awesome that she is beginning to trust you. Its a wonderful feeling isn't it? Knowing that they trust you. :) I am sure she will start to trust you more and more as the days go by.

tatsxxx11
12-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Amazing what wonders a little patience, time and a lot of loving can work! Gracie May is so lucky to have found such a wonderful forever home:D And you are equally as blessed to have her in your life! Yea, Gracie!:)