PDA

View Full Version : So there I was, eating my dinner last night...

moosmom
12-28-2004, 07:34 PM
I had some slices of ham and macaroni and cheese left over from Christmas. So I figured I'd have them for dinner last night. Well, so did Mandy!!

She came up on the chair as I was about to take a bit outta the slice of ham I had, and tried to take it right off the fork!! She was a little pisser, growling as she tried to swallow the whole piece!! :eek: I only wish I had my camera ready and waiting cuz it was definitely a Kodak moment.

I guess that's a sign that she was a "street" kitty for a while, not knowing where he next meal would come from, cuz boy was she ever aggressive! I never saw anything like it in my life!!

Laura's Babies
12-28-2004, 07:39 PM
:D :D Why can't they make a camera we can wear around our necks so they are always handy when we need them??? She wouldn't go for a instant replay for the camera later, would she?

moosmom
12-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Laura,

Great idea! But I don't think an instant replay would be possible. There's no ham left, except the one with fur and four legs! LOL.

QueenScoopalot
12-28-2004, 08:09 PM
She's got that "wild child" look to her Donna! Shame on her, but I can't help but laugh! :D :D :D Maybe because I don't eat meat? :confused:

rg_girlca
12-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Oh Donna, that is too funny. I can just picture it in my head.

Sassy little girl isn't she, but oh so adorable.:)

leslie
12-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Of course you cut up all your ham and gave it to her right? Poor waif!? You could probably get a good pic if you wait a few days then heat up some kind of smelly meat - we wanna see pics of her taking it out of your teeth! Like a circus tiger! Merry Christmas by the way!

catcrazylady
12-29-2004, 05:54 AM
LOL!! I can picture the scene perfectly! We do this every night with Rosco. He will plant all four paws in your dinner plate before you even know he is there. He snatches and runs growling like crazy. Can you imagine him and Mandy in the same room with food?!!:eek:
She sure is pretty and I do believe she has stolen your heart with her wicked, scampy, but oh so adorable, little ways:D :D :D

catmandu
12-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Thtas one food,atht The Found Cats,all seem,to love,and thats ham,in any form,and The Princess,despite her loss of sight,can smell HAM,a mile away!

smokey the elder
12-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Whenever I'm eating something with milk or whipped cream, Diamond is the biggest beggar! She head bumps my hand while the fork is on my way to my mouth to try to dislodge the contents.:D

LoudLou
12-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Would like to welcome you to the "I Have Pets Diet" and Thank You for eating at Chez Meowmie's....;)

Kirsten
12-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Not very lady-like behavior, but I guess the meal smelled so yummy that she just had to have it - no matter what! :D

Kirsten

catlover4ever
12-29-2004, 01:45 PM
I can picture Mandy as well.....it is a scene that happens every night at my house. :eek: Little blind boy Gabriel, will come running no mater where he is in the house and usually he ends up plowing right into someone because he can not see them waiting for their helping of food too. :p It's like bowling for kitties and Gabe is the ball!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ramanth
12-29-2004, 02:10 PM
LOL! Mandy's a spit fire eh? :D

Reebok will perch on the chair and reach over your shoulder trying to snag food off your fork. It drives my parents nuts!

Fett
12-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Reebok actually HAS gotten food off the human's plates before, too. He's a sneaky black vampire cat. ;)

NoahsMommy
12-29-2004, 02:46 PM
I agree Donna...that growling must be a sign she was out on her own before you came into her life.

She has good taste...mac n cheese and ham! Yum!!! :)

Glacier
12-29-2004, 03:09 PM
LOL! Brazen little mite!

I have one cat who steals food right off my plate--and Princess Ivy has never known a moment's hunger in her five years! She likes to sit beside me and look the other way while her little grey paw tries to find food. She seems to think if she's not looking at me, I can't see her paws on my plate!

mina'smomma
12-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Funny thing in this house is that Mina only goes after Lee Roy's food unles I'm eating a pizza with pineapple on it, and then she goes beserk trying to get the pineapple off it.

Cinder & Smoke
12-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Glacier

... likes to sit beside me and look the other way
while her little grey paw tries to find food.
She seems to think if she's not looking at me,
I can't see her paws on my plate!

:D
EXACTLY what da KAT does!
Sits on the arm of the Kliner chair -
*lookin* the other way...
While the "eyes in the back of his head" *watch*
the rise & fall of my fork!

He can *snatch* a byte, leap off the chair, and
"transfer" from paw to mouth BEFORE he hits the floor! :cool:

Beware the Hungree Kat!!

:D