PDA

View Full Version : Gracie got into a lot of trouble today.

cubby31682
12-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Today Gracie May started out being very good, very affectionate. Then she must have woke up and would not stop barking, going in to find the cat, and eating out of the trash while I was trying to clean up. Then to top it off she got done eating her dinner and went into the bedroom and ate the cat's treat. I gave him a packet, which is a treat for him. She went into the bedroom and ate it before we could figure out where she was. She got yelled at and sent to her cage for 5 minutes. We told her that she was bad and needed to leave the cat and his food alone.

As I type this Gracie is in her cage and Cubby is locked in the office with me. (Gracie's cage is also in the office.) She is crying alot but she wants to see what Cubby is doing. I keep giving them both treats for being good. I hope this way they will learn that being in the same room and being good equals a treat. My cat wont slap Gracie unless he is cornered. I keep telling him that he needs to slap her but obviously he wont listen to me. :( She will be starting her obediance classes in January. I don't remember which day it is, I will call and ask my brother. She really needs to go to them. :)

Katie

P.S. Sorry there are no pictures, I haven't been able to get any. My camera keeps dying ever time I want to get some.

LorraineO
12-28-2004, 05:45 PM
awww,,,, she is in rare form today!!!! I do have a suggestion,,, Dont ever use the crate as a form of punishmnet,, you can create a whack of problems if you want her to be crate trained,,, time out in a room is fine ,,, but never in a crate! Not unless that is the sole purpoose of the crate,,, Her crate if its her sleeping place should be one of rest and relaxation and safety!
Just a suggestion :)

cubby31682
12-28-2004, 05:49 PM
I never even thought of that. Thank you very much for that advice. I will use that. She will now be locked in the computer room but locked out of her cage when she gets in trouble. :)

Katie

LorraineO
12-28-2004, 05:50 PM
:) :) :) :)