PDA

View Full Version : Pixel went to the RB last night

smokey the elder
12-28-2004, 01:06 PM
On Christmas Eve day I noticed my cat Pixel seemed really sick. This was because for the six years I had her, I had never been able to get within 5 feet of her. She had lost a lot of weight, and looked like she had a swollen belly. I force-fed her water and food until I could get her to the vet last night. I also removed a load of mats from her coat and she just lay there and purred.

It turns out that she had something causing blood to leak internally into her belly. She was so anemic her poor blood sample looked like dyed water. The vet and I agreed it was time to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge. She let me hold her and purred nonstop.

That is the saddest thing about rescuing a feral. I had help trapping Pixel six years ago, and thought I could tame her. But I couldn't, and releasing her in the area she was found wasn't feasable due to heavy traffic. She got along great with my other cats, and was always the first to make a new foster feel at home.

Because of her being unapproachable, I was afraid that if she ever got really sick, it would be too late for me to do anything for her. That's what happened.

We'll (me and all my cats) miss you, Pixel. I'm at work; I don't have pictures here. I'll post one later. She's always with some other cat.

jazzcat
12-28-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm so sorry. At the end you were able to hold her and it's obvious she knew you loved her.

Rest in Peace sweet Pixel.

catlover4ever
12-28-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Pixel is gone. RIP Sweet Pixel and play hard over the Rainbow Bridge.

Cinder & Smoke
12-28-2004, 01:42 PM
:(
:(

Holding her at last...

Must have been Pixel's way of saying
"THANKS for all the Love and Caring!"

{{{HUGS}}}

Play Happily at The Bridge, Pixel.

/s/ :( Phred

Laura's Babies
12-28-2004, 02:18 PM
So sorry Phred to hear of your loss. At least you got her off the streets and gave her a place to call home and she went to RB, knowing she was loved. RIP Baby!

Kirsten
12-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm very sorry... :(

You know, it was Pixel's choice not to let anyone close to her, but I'm sure she appreciated what you did for her, and that she had a loving home. And in the end, her purring told you she felt loved.

R.I.P. Pixel

Kirsten

Barbara
12-28-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry about Pixel. May she play hard at RB.

moosmom
12-28-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pixel. But she had a great 6 years with someone who loved her no matter what.

R.I.P. Sweet Pixel

QueenScoopalot
12-28-2004, 04:38 PM
RIP little Pixel. She finally let her guard down with you, and let you know it was her time to go. :( She had a happy and safe six years of love from you. Play hard at the Bridge!

krazyaboutkatz
12-28-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pixel's passing.:( RIP sweet Pixel.

NoahsMommy
12-29-2004, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

RIP Pixel...may you feel free and happy at the RB.

Karen
12-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Pixel knew love, and that's what matters. Not all kitties are lap-warmers, some just work their way into our hearts from a distance, but they are no less firmly there or loved.

Play hard at the Bridge, Pixel, dear. Momma will miss you, as will we all.

Hugs to you.

shais_mom
12-29-2004, 12:47 AM
play hard Pixel

You have my upmost sympathy.

catmandu
12-29-2004, 08:19 AM
We went,to the Mandarin Restaurant,and Pixel,had just been made a Caty Angel,so Pixel,was the Guest Of Honor! And Pixel,got the Shrimps,the Iron Chef Beef,and the Excellent Oriental Chicken,a wonderful way,to become An Angel.And Pixel knows,that you loved her,and appreciates,all tht you did,for her<and miises you so very,very much.

Cataholic
12-29-2004, 08:32 AM
RIP, Pixel. You knew in your heart you were loved.

smokey the elder
12-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Here's a pic of Pixel sleeping off her Chinese dinner.:)

smokey the elder
12-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Most of my pictures of Pixel (except the nawtee one above) are with one or more cats. Pixel and Smokey the Younger could often be seen together on the fancy couch.

rg_girlca
12-30-2004, 05:06 PM
What sweet pictures of your adorable Pixel.

May the wonderful memories of her help ease your pain.

Rest in Peace dear Pixel.

ramanth
12-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh I am so sorry. :( RIP Pixel.

jenluckenbach
12-31-2004, 05:54 AM
I am sorry to hear about the loss of Pixel. And even though she never knew how to show her love, I am certain that she knew what it was. She lived safe, warm and with an unconditional love of a human that proved that she did not need to be a lap cat to be treasured. RIP Pixel, you will be missed.

Killearn Kitties
12-31-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pixel. This has always been our fear with Jessica, that if she gets sick it will be next to impossible to deal with. Pixel obviously trusted you though, and new that you loved her.

Rest in peace, beautiful girl.

LilFireTiger
12-31-2004, 07:52 PM
I am SO sorry for you!If my cat died I could never ever forget her.RIP Pixel:( :( :( Pixel is cute in the pic. with smokey.

slick
12-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Dear Pixel, you were very blessed because you knew the love of a hooman. RIP little one and until you meet again.

I'm so, so sorry Smokey. Big hugs to you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Pixel. Sounds similar to what was happening with Tubby because he was extremely anemic also.

RIP Pixel, you will not be forgotten. :(

kimlovescats
01-03-2005, 08:29 PM
I am just now reading this for the first time. I am so terribly sorry about dear Pixel. Thank you so much though for bringing her into your home and showing her true love and care. :(

todd
01-03-2005, 09:14 PM
sorry for your loss

Logan
01-04-2005, 08:43 AM
I am so sorry that I missed this before. Pixel was quite beautiful (I love those orange kitties) and obviously loved, even if her way of showing it back to you was different. Thank you for providing such a good life for her while she was in your home.

Rest in peace, Pixel. :)

Randi
01-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm so sorry that Pixel had to go to the RB. :( She knew your love for her and trusted you in the end. I hope this will be a comfort to you.

Rest in Peace, sweet Pixel.

This reminds me of Fister's mom, she was a tough lady and ruled the yard. She would not let anyone come close, until the last few years she let me stroke her, when she had her dinner. One day, I felt her rubbing on my legs and I was quite surprized. Well, it turned out she was very ill, and she had to be put to sleep a few days later. :(

smokey the elder
01-04-2005, 09:57 AM
I think that's a feral's way. I'm glad Pixel didn't hide and she let me pet her and groom her at the end.

Thanks, everybody.

KittyKatLover
01-04-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Pixel knew you loved her, and she loved you.

RIP Pixel

AmberLee
01-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Rest in Peace, Pixel. Enjoy frolicking at the Bridge.

AvaJoy
01-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Gosh, I'm so saddened to hear of Pixel's passing.:(

I have often wondered what I would do if one of my 2 "hands-off" rescues were to ever fall ill . . . I can only hope they will follow Pixel's lead and realize that I love them and allow me to help/comfort them.

I am so sorry about Pixel, and may fond memories comfort you and ease your grief.