PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian's sick

Queen of Poop
12-26-2004, 08:34 PM
He seems normal, then he starts throwing up, then he sleeps for a while. It's awful. Does anyone know anything about ferret recovery from Adrenal surgery? It's been a month since the surgery. The vet opens at 8 am tomorrow but if he keeps this up we will have to go to the emergency clinic tonight.:confused:

Mandy1
12-28-2004, 04:24 PM
I hope he is better by now :( Poor guy.

Queen of Poop
12-29-2004, 10:00 PM
I put him back on his chicken soup that he got right after his surgery. He's been eating it for a few days and the throwing up has gone away. I got back from the grocery store today and there he was, in the kibble bowl eating like a pig!! Whatever seemed to be bothering him seems to have passed. Thank goodness!!

Raven
01-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh, that's goos to hear! I'm glad Sebastian's ok now.

Raven
01-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Raven
Oh, that's goos to hear! I'm glad Sebastian's ok now.

good*

Queen of Poop
01-04-2005, 01:47 PM
He seems to be ok, still on the Chicken Soup. He's sure not interested in his regular Ferret food though. Going cold turkey off the soup and back to the food didn't work, anyone have any suggestions how to wean him off the soup? I tried putting kibble in the soup and he wouldn't even look at it. I've only seen him eat kibble once, he will eat other ferret treats. Spoiled brat??? Me thinks so. But he is losing weight so I am concerned.

Queen of Poop
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Called the vet this morning (8:30 am), waiting on his reply. While Sebastian seems happy to eat his chicken soup he is losing weight and is spending alot of time just lying in the litter at the bottom of their cage. I'm not sure if this is something I should be concerned with or not. So here I sit at 12:30 pm PATIENTLY waiting for the call back.

Queen of Poop
01-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Ok, the vet called back. He wants to see Sebastian and do some blood work. He says that sometimes there are complications with ferrets and that is what this might be. We are scheduled to go on January 11 at 7 pm.

Queen of Poop
01-11-2005, 09:52 AM
So today is the day we go to the vet. Sebastian turned the tables on me over the weekend. He quit eating the chicken soup and I've had 3 personal sightings since of him eating kibble. So is he ok or what is going on now???? He's making me crazy. We will still see the vet tonight for a check up and blood work if it is needed. Hopefully the winter storm that is coming holds off until we get done with the vet as it is a 45 minute trip each way and the roads aren't so great as it is.