PDA

View Full Version : boxing day shopping anyone?

cali
12-26-2004, 04:31 PM
yes I am in prince george right now lol I went boxing day shopping with my cousin stood in line for Exreme for like an hour(before the mall opened) and spent an hour in the store, it a place I call way to expensive lol something I would price at maybe $5 cost $20, needless to say I bought nothing there lol but I did buy a new outfite from bluenotes, nice jeans, and a top for $38 total :D then we went to wal-mart and I got the new simple plan CD and some rabbit treats for kari. so any other canadians go boxing day shopping? I am pretty sure the US does not have a stat holiday for shopping....:p

binka_nugget
12-26-2004, 05:51 PM
We left the house at 7 and were done by 12. :D I LOVE Boxing Day! My mom picked up random things and I got myself an electric guitar. :D

flamepony12
12-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
My mom picked up random things and I got myself an electric guitar. :D
We don't celebrate boxing day. ;)
:eek: Ashley! :D What kind of guitar is it? :D I play, too~ a fender stratocaster (sp.?) that's awesome! :) How much was yours?

Mandy1
12-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Yep! I just got back. We left right when the malls opened:D

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-26-2004, 06:07 PM
I didn't go shopping today. The malls are always so busy! I was thinking about going though but then I decided not to:) I have to go out tomorrow though for a few things...

binka_nugget
12-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
We don't celebrate boxing day. ;)
:eek: Ashley! :D What kind of guitar is it? :D I play, too~ a fender stratocaster (sp.?) that's awesome! :) How much was yours?

I'm just starting to learn. It's a Fender Squier Strat. I named it Beetle Juice :p. Here's a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/alpha_sheltie/BeetleJuice1.jpg

I think it was about $441 ($358 USD) for the Guitar, amp, tuner and some other stuff.

flamepony12
12-26-2004, 07:03 PM
You named it? lol! :D I'll need to give mine a name! ;) Any suggestions? :D mine's a Squire strat too :D except It's not white... Here's a pic ;)

Mandy1
12-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Cool guitar :P I love the name !

Jods
12-26-2004, 08:07 PM
I went out I got speakers for the pc and a new keyboard... I'm going to Wal*mart tommorow I think the sale there for boxing day goes until friday or something.

Glacier
12-26-2004, 08:10 PM
No way!! Couldn't pay me enough to go shopping on Boxing Day. Even my Christmas shopping was done before December 1. Hate crowds!!

I did however, have every trail for miles all to myself today. It was about -25C here. I think everyone else went to town to shop in the warm stores! The dogs and I hope they had fun spending their money cuz we had a great sled run!:D

carole
12-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey we have boxing day shopping in NZ too,I think Britain does, but I never knew Canada did, I only went to one store and it was chaos, I think I am getting too old and impatient for the cues these days, lol, but we have some great sales on for days, so I might venture out when it is a little quieter, I did manage to get some xmas lights for the verandah, some nice sparkly flashing ones, for half price, so that was good.

Apparently the sales were really high, so the retailers will be happy, a lot of people don't do the xmas shop and wait for the sales on Boxing day, or go spend their vouchers given to them as presents.

primabella
12-26-2004, 09:40 PM
My dad went to pick up some stuff and stood in line for 2 hours and my I spoke to my friend who worked today. They both said it was just crazy. I prefer to stay at home. ;)

Shelteez2
12-26-2004, 10:47 PM
My brother lined up at A&B Sound at 5:45am this morning. He was about 20th in line. He got what he wanted though so I guess it's all good.

I went with my mom, grandma and sister to a mall to pick out half price ornaments from the Hallmark store (it's a tradition that my grandma always gets us kids an ornament every Christmas). We got to the mall at about 9:00am. It suprisingly wasn't very busy (and this is coming from someone who hates crowds and shopping....) LOL

sammy101
12-26-2004, 11:17 PM
i only bought a mini skirt from Pac Sun for $10!:Dthe skirt was $30 before it went a sale what a deal!!

manda_moo87
12-27-2004, 03:08 AM
Yup! I got myself a new digital camera and a webcam! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-27-2004, 05:01 AM
Ahum...:o , what is "boxing day"?? Is everyone in the mood for boxing then ;) :D ??

NoahsMommy
12-27-2004, 12:25 PM
We don't call it "Boxing Day Shopping" we call it "Day After Christmas Shopping" here. :)

My friend and I left at 9:30 a.m. and returned home around 4:30 p.m. from all the shopping we did. We hit Target first, because our mall didn't open till 11:00 because it was Sunday. We then went to Pier1, Cost Plus World Market, Hallmark, PetSmart and then the mall. We got a ton of stuff...we had to go home before the mall because we filled the car up! :eek: There was some talk about professional shoppers. ;)

Needless to say, I slept really well last night!

cali
12-27-2004, 05:33 PM
lol I swear my cousin is a proffesonal shopper, it was like "this is this much, and this much off, plus tax is this much, now this plus tax, and 30% off is this, the 2 together cost this much, so you have this much left over" I was like :eek: and she says she is not good at math lol and when we were looking for my outfite it was like "ok you are slightly bigger then me, and I am this size therefore you are this size, and you will want this or this style, so try on these, these, these and these, now go try them on and make sure to show me" the girl is 14, I was in shock, and I swear, next time I go shopping I am taking her with me! I dont care if she does live 2 provences away lol

Crikit
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Ahum...:o , what is "boxing day"?? Is everyone in the mood for boxing then ;) :D ??

Boxing Day is an old British holiday, originally it was a day when boxes of food and other things were given out to the poor. Now though it's the day when all stores put the stock they have on sale. In Canada at least most of the stores keep the sales going till new year's day...which is why I no longer go shopping on boxing day.

It seems as though most countries in the British commonwealth celebrate it as well.

ScantyNebula
12-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Not yet!! Hope to get out soon though, a few things to pick up. I know the Future Shop had some awesome sales ... a cd burner for 4.99! How crazy is that.

Nice guitar, my bf has the same one, except its the Wayne's World edition! ;)

mina'smomma
12-28-2004, 08:05 AM
At the risk of sounding stupid, but what is "boxing day"

cali
12-28-2004, 04:00 PM
boxing day is a stat holiday that canada and a few other countrys have, where on dec. 26th all the stores reduce the prices of everything, some places will have the sales last all week, but most, around here anyway, are one day only, so the malls are always packed, exept in Regina lol and that is just because we have at least 5 large malls, while here in prince george there is only 1 mall, so it was packed lol so I call it the only stat holiday for shopping :D

carole
12-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Yes it appears countries of the commonwealth celebrate Boxing Day, now I understand why Canada does and USA does not.

Here in NZ it is a big day for sport as well, (no not boxing) funny enough, but the horse races,etc etc.

Thanks Crikit for the info on Boxing Day, I assumed it was a British tradition, but did not know how it started, you learn something new everyday.

Enjoy your Boxing day shopping everyone.:)

ScantyNebula
12-28-2004, 07:00 PM
I just did :D Got a load of new clothes for only 160, and got 100 DVD-R's for only 40 bucks at Futureshop! That was a real steal ... considering they cost around 190 dollars before the sale :D Time to test out my DVD burner! :p