PDA

View Full Version : Making videos and adding music....Help!

tatsxxx11
12-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Finally figured out how to convert MOV's to a file format Windows Movie Maker will accept and made my first video.|:D But problem now is trying to add music! Every track I try to add, uploaded from a CD, is rejected..."protected by copyright!" Wondering if anyone else has this problem? Anna, I noticed you were able to add music to your most recent one. Any ideas? Thanks:)

gini
12-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Sandra, I just laughed out loud over the title of your thread.

It came to me that I am able to add exactly zero information.:D :D

tatsxxx11
12-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Oh but gini...how I did appreciate any response,even a useless one:D:D:D

P.S...Watching the Elegant Universe on Nova which is trying to explain the workings of the universe to me:) String theory??? Unified theory??? Quantum mechanics???:confused: But it's of no help in explaining video production:D

slick
12-26-2004, 04:08 PM
......and Gini knows more about this stuff than me......:D :D :D

Hey Debbie (T&P).....need help over here.

Randi
12-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Sandra, are you on a PC or a Mac? which programme did you use to convert it?

tatsxxx11
12-26-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm on a PC, Randi. I used Rad Video Tools by Binks and Smacker. I can look up the url. It converted the video fine to a avi file, but I can't add music stored on my computer using Windows Movie Maker:(

swimma253
12-27-2004, 09:20 AM
hmm...

I just got a new camera and was so upset that the videos were .MOV's and could not be used on Windows Movie Maker.... how did you convert them? Ive been trying for the last 3 days! :p

About adding the music... Ive never had that happen...? I usually just go to "import music" and choose the song off a CD that is in the CD drive....

What exactly do you do before it says that?

Carly

tatsxxx11
12-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi Karly and Meeka:)

I was bummed out too, Karly! My camera only takes video in the MOV file mode and Windows Movie Maker doesn't accept it! Anyway, I combed Pet Talk for help topics and found that others had the same problem. Someone posted a link to a site that lets you covert them to acceptable file formats, e.g. avi. It's a Bink and Smacker site... http://www.videohelp.com/mov2avi.htm

Download from that site, RAD Video tools and dowload the first program, Binx Video. You can covert them one at a time. You just need to browse and pick the video you want to convert and hit covert...then when prompted, chose uncompressed. It only takes a few seconds.

Now for the music. You're right! Windows Movie Maker allows you to just "import" music from your computer. I tried all my songs. They are all from different CD's I've uploaded and stored. I keep getting a message that says the property is copyrighted and cannot be added!:( I have a new computer...Windows XP. I don't know what the problem is:(

This is the message I get

The file C:\Documents and Settings\Sandra\My Documents\My Music\Various Artists\HOLIDAY FAVORITES\01 WHITE CHRISTMAS.wma is protected using digital rights management and cannot be imported.

BCBlondie
12-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Hmm... maybe try downloading the song you want instead of using the song from a CD... WinMX is a good free downloader...

Cinder & Smoke
12-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11

Now for the music...
I keep getting a message that says the property
is copyrighted and cannot be added! :(

I have a new computer...Windows XP.

I think you're all being *foiled* by the "new" Anti-Copy
protections that are being inserted into most recorded music.

I believe newer operating systems - like Windows XP -
are able to detect the Anti-Copy codes and then "restrict"
what you can do with the copyrighted material.

Here's a LOW-quality idea that may run around the problem:

Add a microphone (or two for stereo) to RECORD audio with your puter.
Play the desired music on your home entertainment system...
And RECORD (on the puter) the music coming out of the home speakers.

Then you might be able to "edit & mix" the music onto the video
withOUT the *pesky* anti-copy codes getting in your way.

Suggestion:
Try to keep the FurKids *quiet* :rolleyes: when recording! :p

/s/ Phred

RICHARD
12-27-2004, 01:41 PM

P.S...Watching the Elegant Universe on Nova which is trying to explain the workings of the universe to me:) String theory??? Unified theory??? Quantum mechanics???:confused: But it's of no help in explaining video production:D

Quantum mechanics?

I've talked to some Toyota mechanics, they were helpful.
;)

Pick up Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time".

That will make the universe even more confusing.

swimma253
12-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the "How To" Sandra! :) I tried to attach a video of what I made... but it said that it was an invalid file type to attach! :mad: :p oh well... I'll have to work on it.

I agree with what BCBlondie said about the music... maybe there is somthing up with the CD's...:confused: I dont understand why it would do that. :( Well... Good Luck!

Carly :)

tatsxxx11
12-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Karly, the Rad Video Tools didn't work for you?:confused: Keep trying. I'll try and copy the page and paste it here with more detailed directions!

Fixed my music problem!!! I was figuring, it has to be something up with Windows Media Player, which stores my downloaded CDs. Anyway, not sure what I did but finally got a prompt that said my current settings for WMP included blocking the importing of stored CDs to videos..."Would I like to change it to unblock?" YES!:D I'm all set now. Thanks everyone for the help. Please keep trying Karly. Gotta see some Meeka videos!:)

tatsxxx11
12-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Pick up Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time".

That will make the universe even more confusing.

Isn't he awesome??? Where the heck does he come up with that stuff:D And here I sit, still fiddling with my Rubick's cube:D

anna_66
12-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Glad to see you finally got it fixed Sandra!

Can't wait to see some videos now:D

tatsxxx11
12-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Anna, when it comes to creating videos, your are my idol:D {{{shakes}}} Hopefully I'll get one ready to go by tomorrow! We had a blizzard last night so I've got lots of new material:D

swimma253
12-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Karly, the Rad Video Tools didn't work for you?:confused: Keep trying. I'll try and copy the page and paste it here with more detailed directions!

Fixed my music problem!!! I was figuring, it has to be something up with Windows Media Player, which stores my downloaded CDs. Anyway, not sure what I did but finally got a prompt that said my current settings for WMP included blocking the importing of stored CDs to videos..."Would I like to change it to unblock?" YES!:D I'm all set now. Thanks everyone for the help. Please keep trying Karly. Gotta see some Meeka videos!:)

Glad it worked for you! :)

The rad video tool didnt work for me, but I found another converting program. It worked fine, and I made the video with music, but when I go to post it, it says I cant attach it because Movie Maker saved it as a .MSWMM! I have never even heard of that! :eek: :p lol

What format did your videos save as onWindows Movie Maker? :)

Carly

swimma253
12-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Yay I finally got it to work! :D

Here's what I made! I love when she barks on cue... and when she runs off on the end! :p :D

I cant wait to see your videos! :D

Carly

anna_66
12-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Carly that turned out great!