PDA

View Full Version : What are your New Year Resolutions?

Tonya
12-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Do you have any New Year resolutions?

I have to think about mine. I do know of one so far though...

I need to clean up my language. I have such a foul mouth. I'm so used to working with a bunch of barbaric men that I don't even think about it. I need to be more conscious of that I say. :o

dukedogsmom
12-24-2004, 09:00 PM
I learned my best words from work. Guess it comes with the stress. I never make them. Then I won't have to feel horrible when I break one.

Cookiebaker
12-24-2004, 09:11 PM
I am determined to go back on my diet starting January 1. It's been so hard since Thanksgiving to stick to it. Last year I lost 20 pounds, and I want to lose another 10-20. :p

Laura's Babies
12-25-2004, 09:19 AM
I hope I can quit smoking! HAVE to give it another try....

and do it without gaining weight!!!

Cinder & Smoke
12-25-2004, 10:14 AM
:eek:

Resolutions???

Yupperz - a Very Important one!

#1 Don't make ANY (other) Resolutions.

Soo *proud* of myself ~
I can get all the way to Late December before I'm tempted to
:eek: *break* it!

:p

NoahsMommy
12-25-2004, 03:42 PM
I love New Year's Resolutions! Its like a new school semester...a fresh new start. :)

1) Get healthy. I'm going back to the gym, going to work on my stress levels, and concentrate on staying with my healthy diet. I will feel better in 2005!!!!

2) Financial stability. I'm going to start sending my mom money to learn about actually SAVING and keeping it SAVED. I know my mom wont let me have the money just because I need my hair a new color or the lastest Coach bag. ;)

3) School. I'm going to be all healthy in 2005, therefore, I'll be able to emerse myself in school, and thus get closer to my PhD or PsyD. (YAY!!! :D)

I wish everyone luck with their (or lack of) resolutions this year. :)

Tonya
12-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I hope I can quit smoking! HAVE to give it another try....

and do it without gaining weight!!!

I quit smoking! My secret? Get pregnant. Only problem is that you do gain weight though. :p

Miranda_Rae
12-26-2004, 01:16 PM
I was thinking of New Year Resolutions the other day. I have never done it before, but here are some of mine that i want to do and work on:

1. Work on my spiritual life
2. Work on liking myself better
3. Lose like 4-5 pounds
4. Help around the house more
5. Be more diligent in my school work

I think thats about all.

cubby31682
12-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Quit smoking
Save money
Lose weight
Eat healthy

joycenalex
12-26-2004, 02:42 PM
my short list
1- put the laundry away when i bring the basket upstairs (last years resolution too)
2-make it to curves 4 days a week, gotta tighten up the muscles before the tummy tuck and hernia repair
3-make 3-4 oa/aa meetings a week. this means i'll have to get up earlier since there is a 7 am meeting near my house. i hate early mornings, rather sleep till the last minute.
4-take alex for more walks, he LOVES LOVES them! maybe after the early am meeting? hmm
5-get the resume updated, there has got to be a better job out there for me.:)

Samantha Puppy
12-26-2004, 04:43 PM
- Start decorating our house so it looks like *ours*.

- Lose 10 more pounds... already lost 35! Only 10 more 'til I'll be the same weight I was in high school.

- Work on debt and start saving money for our trip to Scotland.

cookieluver7
12-26-2004, 04:44 PM
HMMMMM..... I guess I have to stop worrying about what people think (clothes, hair, etc.) and start doing things how I want to do them.

petslover
12-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Good Luck to everyone.

My Resolutions are to

Go to Church and grow closer to God- I want to attend Church every time I can and read the Bible at least a few times a week.
I hadn't been to church in 2 years and really need to.

Lose a few extra pounds-- I got a membership to a gym and I have lacked off so I am going to go at least 3 days a week and stick to a better diet.

This is one I annually make. I make myself erase everyone I'm mad at or have something against. So my mind is set to be nice to everyone I see.

To get a job and Do My best in school.

Thats all I can think of.

cloverfdx
12-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Goodluck everyone ;).

I have a few...

I need to clean up my language. I have such a foul mouth. I'm so used to working with a bunch of barbaric men that I don't even think about it. I need to be more conscious of that I say.
This being one of them aswell :o.

I am wanting to lose about 5 kilograms, and work on my genral fitness and "buff" myslef up a bit.

Work on the dogs Obedience more. and a few more ;).

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Lose weight
Eat healthy
Get more self-esteem...
Listen to my body: rest whenever it is necessary

mina'smomma
12-27-2004, 09:22 AM
1. Lose weight for the wedding. I'm going back to the gym.

2. Get my finaces all straightened out.

3. Make myself and Lee lead a healthier life.

4. Adopt another kitten.:D

Desert Arabian
12-27-2004, 11:45 AM
- Stop getting in trouble with my parents everyday
- Stop getting my car taken away
- Stop doing the really stupid things I do that leads to trouble
- Try harder in school and get better grades
- Stay in shape and ideal weight

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2004, 06:13 PM
I usually don't make them but I'm trying to:
1. start going back to the gym 4 times a week for at least a 30 minute workout followed by an hour work out at home with light weights
2. work on my debt and try to save money
3. eat healthier
4. get more sleep- this means less PT at night
5. be happy with the things I have

Tonya
12-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Be more organized. I let things pile up until I get really stressed out.

As simple as it sounds...do one load of laundry a day and put it away right after it is folded. Laundry is a huge burden in my life. I @#&* hate it!

And my second burden...dog poop. :rolleyes: Stop being so lazy and pick it up daily.

Spend more time with my son (soon to be sons) !

caseysmom
12-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Tonya...after my second child I started a 2 loads of laundry a day rule...it really helps...it just never stops....I (*)*&) hate it too!

Toby's my baby
12-27-2004, 10:29 PM
I only have a few...

#1 - Adopt a cat / kitten

#2 - Loose 5 or so pounds before Homecoming, no more than that though, I only weigh 115 :o

#3 - Try different foods, I am a very picky eater and I am going to try, to try different foods. :p

sammy101
12-27-2004, 11:20 PM
i want to loose atleast 20-30 lbs,which means ill have to eat alot healthier and stop eating junkfood and drinking pop:o :p

and i would love to add another dog to the family,so hopefully i can find the right one for us.