PDA

View Full Version : A mini-meeting and a luggage swap.

CamCamPup33
12-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Bennie, (Logan's birdie) is going to be coming home with us next week! Logan and I have kind of kept this on a 'hush-hush' but i wanted to inform everyone that Sunday i am going to be heading up to Tennessee with my family. We're going to be staying up their till the 7th. During that time, Logan is going to meet us in Ashville, and we're going to 'exchange luggage'. :p My parent's agreed finally, after MUCH begging, to let me get Bennie. They suprised me by taking me to get a cage today. :)

Im SO excited as i've been wanting a tiel for such a long time, and i think it's perfect that i can still keep in touch with Logan, share pictures and stuff with her being RIGHT here. :p

Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone!

Logan
12-24-2004, 07:09 PM
:D :D :D :D

I am so happy for Bennie and for Amber. I am going to miss that little guy, but knowing that he will be loved by someone like Amber makes it easier. For those of you who don't know who Bennie is, he(maybe she) is the first baby that hatched in the clutch of babies we had in June. We had all hoped that Bennie could be our friend Aly's baby, but it hasn't worked out to transport him to her. Aly has my promise that when we can work out transportation, we'll allow Milly to be a mama again.

Here's Bennie's Christmas photo (with me) that was taken a little while ago for Amber's benefit. :) (and of course, for all of you too!)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p01d40dd1e936a70715ab95582c04f603/f5cb12df.jpg

If Bennie couldn't get to Texas to be with Aly, then this is the next best place for him to go. When Aly's ready, we'll let Milly and Roger produce another clutch so she can get her baby. :)

chrissycat21
12-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Congrats! I'm so glad Bennie has finally found a forever home! Amber, your going to have to keep us all posted on the little guy!

Karen
12-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh Yay! A wonderful tale to share this holiday season. Bennie will have another Pet Talk home! Yay!

flamepony12
12-24-2004, 08:39 PM
yay! :D:D keep us posted~ Lots of pics, okay? :D

anna_66
12-24-2004, 08:43 PM
How wonderful for you both Amber! I'm sure Beenie will have a great home with you:D

And Logan how nice for you to find such a great person to give Beenie a home!!!

Amber
12-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Thats awesome! Congrats Amber! =]

popcornbird
12-24-2004, 10:21 PM
I was thrilled to hear this news. Bennie is going home to our very own Amber. From a PT'er to a PT'er...obviously, from two wonderful hands, to two different wonderful hands. I know he'll be just fine with Amber. You will miss him for sure, but we'll all get to hear about him and see pictures on PT, hopefully. Congrats Amber and Logan, and good luck little Bennie!!! I *love* that picture!!!!!!!

GoldenRetrLuver
12-25-2004, 12:41 AM
:D

I know that I've known about it for a while now, but I'm still SO excited for you!

Can't wait to see pictures of him!

CONGRATS! :D

tatsxxx11
12-25-2004, 05:24 AM
Oh what great news:):):) Amber, Bennie is going to be SO happy in his new home:)!!! I'm so happy for you all! I know that Logan and family will miss him, but he couldn't be in better hands! Merry Christmas Amber and Bennie!:D Can't wait to see the homecoming pics!

Cincy'sMom
12-25-2004, 07:20 AM
I'm so glad Bennie has a new home, and it is with one of our own!! Congrats Amber, on your soon to be new addition!!

Logan, if Aly works things out and you have anothr brood, I may just have to figure out how to get one up to Ohio!!

CamCamPup33
12-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, im so excited! :D Hehe.

Logan
12-25-2004, 09:56 AM
I was wondering if you were still smiling this morning, Amber!!!! :)
Merry Christmas!!!! :)

Bennie is right here next to me, along with Milly and Roger. Roger is pacing back and forth in the bottom of his cage, in hopes that I will let him out! Cats are inside, so I'm not letting him out right this second.

I swear, if I knew I could place baby Cockatiels with people like all of you, who I trust so much, I would let Milly have the babies she wants to have. She has probably laid over 4 dozen eggs this year, all total, the most recent was 6 about two weeks ago. So, Amy, you let me know and we'll have us a big Pet Talk party right here in SC when the time is right. In the meantime, when Bennie moves in with Amber, Milly and Roger are going to get a much needed separation and hopefully she will get out of the egg laying mode for a while. :)

Logan

CamCamPup33
12-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I was wondering if you were still smiling this morning, Amber!!!! :)
Merry Christmas!!!! :)

Of course! Hehe.

Merry Christmas to you, Logan!! :D

Rachel
12-25-2004, 11:57 AM
This is just wonderful. I can't think of anything better to honor the spirit of Pet Talk than to have a pet from one of our homes go to another of our homes. For this to be a Christmas time exchange makes it even more significant. The gift of Bennie from Logan to Amber touches my heart.

Amber, you must know how much trust and confidence Logan has in you to make this kind gesture. Your enthusiasm in being the guardian of Bennie is gratifying to everyone who reads this thread. I am so happy for you and I do believe that Logan's trust is well placed. An added benefit is that Bennie will remain one of the Pet Talk feather kids. How cool it that!

Extra kudos to Amber's parents for understanding how much it means to Amber to be able to adopt Bennie and for implementing all the planning it takes to make this happen.

CamCamPup33
12-25-2004, 02:43 PM
I just read everyone's replies to my mom, and she started crying... :o Hehe.

Thanks again. :)

K9karen
12-26-2004, 01:28 AM
What a super present, Amber! You're so lucky! Bennie comes from a good stock! I'm jealous you get to meet Logan!!!!! You must have been "a good girl" for Santa, huh?