PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know you...

Catsnclay
12-24-2004, 05:50 PM
We all get these e-mails from time to time, and I thought about posting here, with a little twist. Feel free to add questions, and since I started this, I will also be the first with answers.

So......:) Let's get to know each other! :D :

What is your PT user name: Catsnclay

What is your real first name: Bunny

Where do you live? Glendale, AZ, suburb of Phoenix

How long have you lived there? 34 years!

Who do you live with? Four males!....husband Tim, and cats: Fluffy (15), Lucky (7) and Yoshi (4).

How did you find Pet Talk? Through my friend Lisa - K&L

How long have you been posting here? ?? 2 years??

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? Yes, K&L of course and Barbara (and Siegmar!)

What do you do for a living? Clay artist

What do you do for fun? We have season tickets for the Phoenix Suns (Professional Basketball)

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Of course!

Does your cat(s) eat with you? Well, they are there begging for food, and when Tim is at work, they are actually on the table with me!

What is your cat(s) best feature? Fluffy has long fur, and when brushed he is beautiful. Lucky is black & white and he is always stunning with his shiny black coat. Yoshi is a Flame-point Siamese, and everyone comments about his beautiful ice-blue (crossed) eyes.

What is your cat(s) worst habit? Fluffy needs to sleep between us at night, can't sleep any place else. If we are too close and he can't get in, he will pace the headboard and rub his face on the lampshade - which makes this horrid noise- untill we seperate and he gets his way. Lucky has anal gland problems and when they start to back up he will "wipe" his butt by dragging it on our rugs.....the expensive Oriential rugs. Yoshi is my pee-boy, he is very sensitive and pee's when he gets stressed out......which seems to be all the time :( He is also the thief of the house, you can't leave anything out that he won't pick up and run off with.

What is the favorite toy of the moment? Two actually, the small fur covered mice and a new mouse that they just received as a Christmas gift, its about 4" big and fur covered and MUCH easier to find than the smaller ones!!

Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts? But of course!

Do they give you gifts? Well yes, and then there are those "special" gifts I receive all year long that come from the heart, er stomach :rolleyes:

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? Actually since I'm home most of the time, all the time is quality time. But when I'm watching TV at night, Yoshi will crawl into my arms to be held like a baby. This started way back when he was a baby and he still loves to be held that way.

How do you reward your cat(s)? With treats! Their latest favorite is the treat sticks by Temptations. Yoshi loves to carry it off to eat somewhere else.

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Yes, all three are VERY vocal!

Do you talk to your cat(s)? All the time - when I talk to Tim, he is always asking me "Are you talking to me or the cats??!!" :eek: :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
12-24-2004, 09:04 PM
What is your PT user name: Sirrahbed

What is your real first name: Debbie

Where do you live? near Dayton, Ohio

How long have you lived there? 15 years

Who do you live with? hubby Dennis and our five kitties - Dylan, Eliot, Emily, Robbie and Lizzie

How did you find Pet Talk? from my daughter, Missy (sirrahsim)

How long have you been posting here? 1 1/2 years

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? Yes, Jazzcat, kimlovescats, Catcrazylady, Kfamr, Anna66, Phred, 4Dogmom, Shaismom, others at the Findlay dog gathering I can't remember names!!

What do you do for a living? have worked as a teacher, RN and office manager - now I stay home:)

What do you do for fun? movies, concerts (country western) spend time with my grandbaby, read

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Oh YES, usually four of them do

Does your cat(s) eat with you? :o yes

What is your cat(s) best feature? Dylan is sweet and so gentle and loving. Lizzie is beautiful to look at. Robbie is comical, affectionate and funny. Eliot is a clown and makes us laugh. Emily is a sweetheart.

What is your cat(s) worst habit? Eliot has a smelly butt. The babies (Robbie and Lizzie) still stick their head in our plate and swat at our food. Emily and Dylan - no bad habits - really!!

What is the favorite toy of the moment? Crocheted mice from catmandu, sparkly balls and a leopard flannel teader.

Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts? Yes.

Do they give you gifts? No.

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? I am home all the time so I really have LOTS of time with them...Eliot hogs me when I am on the computer. Dylan gets his one on one time when I am in the bathroom. Emily like to get in my lap when I am sitting in my easy chair. The baies cuddle when I go to bed.

How do you reward your cat(s)? Happy talk and praise. They seem to love this!

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Dylan is really our only talker and even he is not very vocal. We have quiet kitties.

Do you talk to your cat(s)? Oh YES, I talk to them all the time and they seem to love it. They know lots of words too - mostly associated with food but they also know "go on the patio" "tome for bed" and "where is daddy?"
:D My hubby will also ask what did I say and I will have to tell him I was talking to one of the kitties!!

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Great idea :D
What is your PT user name: DJFyrewolf36

What is your real first name:Kristina

Where do you live? : Carson City, Nevada

How long have you lived there? : 22 years :P

Who do you live with?: My hubby John, Roomate Matt, Leo Gecko Dorian, Rats Cleo and Rogue, and Cats Spooky and Remus

How did you find Pet Talk? : Looking for Leopard Gecko pictures, one pic I found linked here through google :D

How long have you been posting here? : 1 year *happy aniversery to me lol*

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? : Just my hubby John lol *He just joined*

What do you do for a living? : Im an Administrative assistant

What do you do for fun? : I bowl, play with my computer and other gaming devices and I write

Does your cat(s) sleep with you?: Yes when they feel like it.

Does your cat(s) eat with you? : YES!!

What is your cat(s) best feature? :Remus is a cuddle cat and has such great markings. Hes a handsome boy. Spooky is my dainty princess girl. She does get cuddly on occasion though

What is your cat(s) worst habit?: Remus begs better than most dogs! Spook loves to hear herself yowl...

What is the favorite toy of the moment?:Echother!!!!

Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts?: But of course! *indeed!*

Do they give you gifts? : They try. Remus left a plastic bottle ring on my pillow one day...

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)?: Whenever they ask, I'll give em a pet or two! They usally bug me before Im going to leave somewhere or as I walk through the door.

How do you reward your cat(s)? : A good scratch behind the ears and sometimes a taste of what I'm eating

Does your cat(s) talk to you? : Spook does, Remus has to really want something in order to get vocal.

Do you talk to your cat(s)? All the time!!! They both seem to enjoy it

nibblets
12-25-2004, 12:35 AM
What is your PT user name: nibblets
What is your real first name: Debi
Where do you live? Kansas City, Missouri

How long have you lived there? 47 years! :eek:

Who do you live with? My 15 year old son Richard, My 12 year old male Bichon Frise Buddy, and my 1 year old precious one...Miss Julie.
How did you find Pet Talk? Someone at work showed me their friends Pet of the Day bird and I found the pet talk link.

How long have you been posting here? about a year or so
Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? No I haven't
What do you do for a living? Problem Resolution in a Telecommunications Data Center.

What do you do for fun? Play with my pets, I make beaded jewelry, sell stuff on Ebay, movies, TV, concerts and music.
Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Julie sleeps wherever she takes a notion...sometimes its with me...sometimes its not.
Does your cat(s) eat with you? No, she isn't much interested in people food.
What is your cat(s) best feature? Her beautiful brown tabby coloring and her golden eyes.
What is your cat(s) worst habit? She fails to cover her poo in the litter box...it seems she does this most when she has made an especially stinky one...pewwwwww!
What is the favorite toy of the moment? her favorite gray shoestring.
Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts? Absolutely...this year she got some cat grass which she loves (she doesn't like treats) and a Fresh Flow water Purifier drinking fountain for the cat and dog to share...they insist on drinking from the same bowl.

Do they give you gifts? Yes, although I did the actual shopping for them.

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? Actually since I'm home most of the time, all the time is quality time. But when I'm watching TV at night, Yoshi will crawl into my arms to be held like a baby. This started way back when he was a baby and he still loves to be held that way.

How do you reward your cat(s)? By growing cat grass for her.
Does your cat(s) talk to you? Oh yes! Very much so.

Do you talk to your cat(s)? Doesn't everyone?

Barbara
12-25-2004, 08:54 AM
What is your PT user name: Barbara
What is your real first name: Barbara
Where do you live? Oberding near Munich

How long have you lived there? 15 years

Who do you live with? My husband, Filou and Tigris, the cats who own us.
How did you find Pet Talk? I found the address in a book with cat- websites.

How long have you been posting here? since autumn 2002
Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? Yes, quite a lot!
What do you do for a living? Editorial director of a travel guide publisher

What do you do for fun? Reading, talking to my cats, hiking
Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Most of the time they sleep with my husband.
Does your cat(s) eat with you? If they can ;)
What is your cat(s) best feature? Filou's funny and sweet character, Tigris' manly beauty.
What is your cat(s) worst habit? Filou not letting us sleep at night if he wants attention. Tigris bullying Filou.
What is the favorite toy of the moment? Catnip mousies
Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts? Of course. THey get catnip mousies and special dinner.

Do they give you gifts? Being there :)
How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? Filou jumps on my shoulders in the morning when I'm in the bathroom and then we cuddle :). Tigris comes in the evening while I'm reading in bed and cuddles and purrs.

How do you reward your cat(s)? By doing whatever they like ;)
Does your cat(s) talk to you? Oh yes! Mostly orders.

Do you talk to your cat(s)? Are there people who don't? Crazy world out there :D

BCBlondie
12-25-2004, 07:39 PM
What is your PT user name: BCBlondie

What is your real first name: Diana

Where do you live? Northern California

How long have you lived there? Since I was 3-4yrs.

Who do you live with? Parents, brother, sister, 4 dogs, 2 cats, a chicken, rooster, and mouse!

How did you find Pet Talk? Through friends - Ashley and Liana.

How long have you been posting here? About a year now, I think...

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? Yup!

What do you do for a living? Right now, I'm working at a bakery as a clerk, and I'm hoping to get into professional webdesign...

What do you do for fun? Sit on the computer, hangout with friends, salsa, take the dogs to the park, play guitar...

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Sometimes.. My dog, Megan, does all the time though!

Does your cat(s) eat with you? Lali always jumps on my lap when I'm eating.

What is your cat(s) best feature? Ilio's loving, loyal personality, and Lali's "princess" attitude. :D

What is your cat(s) worst habit? Ilio likes to harass his sister.

What is the favorite toy of the moment? They LOVE boxes!

Do they give you gifts? Yes - Ilio shows me that he loves me by just wanting to be with me.

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? Lali gets pets while I'm trying to eat and she's on my lap... Ilio gets rides on my shoulder. :)

How do you reward your cat(s)? With attention.

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Yup!!

Do you talk to your cat(s)? Yup! :)

catmandu
12-27-2004, 10:07 AM
I am Gary,Catmandu,and live In Hamilton,with th 12 Found Cats,and 4 or 5 Stray Cats,and 9,of the Found Cats,are in my Signature!And he found Cats,give me,the Gift,of Love,and keep me company,as I have lost,most of my Family.

catlover4ever
12-27-2004, 11:35 AM
What is your PT user name: Catlover4ever

What is your real first name: Meg

Where do you live? Colchester, CT

How long have you lived there? 12 years in January

Who do you live with? Mark my husband, and the 7 cats...Tigger(11), Smokey (10), Tucker (18ish), Mystic (4), Abner (3), Gracie and Gabriel (5 months)

How did you find Pet Talk? through cat of the day

How long have you been posting here? I think 2 years.

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? Yes, Queenscoopalot (Jan) and Leslie

What do you do for a living? Secretary, Epidemiology (Infection Control) in our local hospital.

What do you do for fun? camping in our travel trailer, and being the "athletic supporter" ;) to my husband who loves to run road races.

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Yes they do!!!! Give an inch and they will take it.

Does your cat(s) eat with you? YUP!!! Smokey was the holiday centerpiece on the table this year....begging for food from everyone.

What is your cat(s) best feature? Tigger is so petit, Smokey is very sociable, Tucker has the softest fur, Mystic is a lap baby, Abner is just the baby...I love everything about that boy, Gracie is such a trouble maker and Gabriel has the most adorable face...no one could ever NOT love that cat.

What is your cat(s) worst habit? Tigger, Mystic and Tucker can all be really mean to each other. Smokey cries to no end, Anber is very demanding, Gracie claws you when she is under the covers and Gabriel is a "poop outside the box" kind of guy.

What is the favorite toy of the moment? Gracie and Gabriel are semi-blind so they love anything that they can hear. Everyone else loves anything with a feather on it.

Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts? Yes, they got a stocking full of feathers and treats.

Do they give you gifts? Yes, every year Mark and I put a present under the tree that comes from the cats.

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? I love to play classical music or natural music (the kind with birds, thunder, or rain in the background) and just relax with them. Watching TV whoever is the first one with me gets some "Mommy and Me time".

How do you reward your cat(s)? Treats, turkey, or for Abner...Milk.

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Yes, Smokey and Abner are the most vocal.

Do you talk to your cat(s)? Always...and I even say good morning, good night and good bye to them every day.

jazzcat
12-27-2004, 11:53 AM
What is your PT user name: Jazzcat

What is your real first name: Lori

Where do you live? East TN, USA

How long have you lived there? In the area my whole life, this house for 11 years.

Who do you live with? Hubby, dog Disney and 5 cats - Ripley, Jazz, Scout, Rocky and Rumor.

How did you find Pet Talk? Surfing for cat info I found COTD and then PT

How long have you been posting here? About a year and a half.

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? Sirrahbed, Sirrahned and Kimlovescats.

What do you do for a living? Right now I care for my elderly father but before I worked in Public Relations.

What do you do for fun? Hang out at PT, shop, swim and play with my furbabies.

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Yes, all 5 of them.

Does your cat(s) eat with you? Scout, Jazz and Rumor are my dinner dates.

What is your cat(s) best feature? Hard to say on Ripley, Jazz is extremely smart, Scout is very well behaved, Rocky is a loverboy and Rumor is sweet and fun (and so soft).

What is your cat(s) worst habit? Ripley wants to spray when upset, Jazz gets whiney at night, Scout hates Ripley, Rocky knocks things over (like water) and Rumor insist on sleeping across my face.

What is the favorite toy of the moment? Ribbon on a string

Do they give you gifts? Yes

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? At certain times of the day they all get attention from me.

How do you reward your cat(s)? With treats and love.

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Yes

Do you talk to your cat(s)? yes

NoahsMommy
12-27-2004, 12:01 PM
What is your PT user name: NoahsMommy

What is your real first name: Kelly

Where do you live? California

How long have you lived there? I was born here...26 years

Who do you live with? Husband; David, 9 cats; Noah, Noel, Basil, Olivia, Micah, Hermione, Samson, Phoebe and Jonah, 2 birds; Gertie and Maurice, and 2 fish; Cecelia and Susie.

How did you find Pet Talk? David always used to go to Cat of the Day each morning and then showed me. I'd look at the COTD every day for almost a year before I even saw the "Pet Talk" link! ;)

How long have you been posting here? Three and a half years

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? Yes! (Wolflady, KAK, Gini, Richard, Slick, Lbaker, TheAntiPam, Zippykat, EdwinasSecretary. Will be meeting BCBlondie, Amberlee and possibly Tonya in January for a N. Cal cat show! :) :) :) )

What do you do for a living? Office Manager for a Child Psychologist, student studying psychology

What do you do for fun? Shop and be with my friends and family, anything with my cats or cat related, reading, school stuff, cooking new foods, the internet, making animal collars, etc.

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Yes. Noah, Micah and Phoebe always sleep with me. Noel and Basie usually sleep next to David. The others are usually in the bedroom in cat beds or in the laundry.

Does your cat(s) eat with you? No. I feed them before we eat...I try to distract them from our food.

What is your cat(s) best feature? Noah is cuddly and so sweet. Noel is a tortie...such a fun cat. Basie is a sweetie pie about 49% of the time. Livvy loves to play and is so fun to watch with catnip. Micah...well, he's an angel, perfect from every hair on his cute body. ( :) ) Hermione is a sweet and shy little thing, but LOVES to play. Samson is such a sweet soul, very gentle and loves love. Phoebe is a sassy little sweetie, I love her disposition. Jonah is 100% sweet and he drools!!! ;)

What is your cat(s) worst habit? Noah is a fear biter. Noel likes to antagonize Phoebe. Basie antagonizes EVERY CAT!!! Micah is perfect in every way....honest. Livvy is kind of cranky. Hermione is so shy, she'll never be able to be rescued in a disasterous situation. ( :( ) Samson ignores me completely when his daddy is around. Phoebers has a pee pee problem...she LOVES to pee on anything on the floor (clothes, laptop bags, softball bags, paper, catbeds, etc)! Jonah...another perfect little boy. ;)

What is the favorite toy of the moment? Boxes, tissue paper and bags from Christmas, catnip mousies.

Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts? No, Santa does! ;)

Do they give you gifts? Yes, they got me Emma on DVD for Christmas after I about watched it to death on my VHS copy. They also get their grandma to send me cards during the holidays too.

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? Playing with them and their toys each night. Almost each cat has a certain "meowmie and me" time. Bedtime is cuddle time too.

How do you reward your cat(s)? With attention and treats. Basie gets rewarded for patiently waiting for people food when we're done with ours.

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Phoebe, Noah, Jonah, Livvy, Micah and Basie do. They have thier own "calls" for me, its so sweet. Basie talks to me via his silent meow.

Do you talk to your cat(s)? Oh yes! :) Probably too much!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-27-2004, 12:21 PM
What is your PT user name: Maya & Inka's mommy

What is your real first name: Lut

Where do you live? Lochristi, a town in Belgium

How long have you lived there? 18 years

Who do you live with? my hubby, our son and our daughter, and 2 cats, a bunny, a guinea pig

How did you find Pet Talk? through a friend's web-site

How long have you been posting here? ?? 2 years

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? yes, one

What do you do for a living? Housemom, former teacher

What do you do for fun? post on Pettalk, play with cats, reading

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? No, they have their own room

Does your cat(s) eat with you? no way! I serve their food 5 minutes before ours, on the floor

What is your cat(s) best feature? My Inka has a very soft fluffy fur; Maya is the most relaxed house-cat!

What is your cat(s) worst habit? Inka doesn't stop chasing and attacking Maya; Maya "poops" outside the litterbox, as soon as she decides it needs to be scooped out!

What is the favorite toy of the moment? Mice, and little pingpong balls

Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts? of course!

Do they give you gifts? Sure: leg-rubs and nose kissies!

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)?

How do you reward your cat(s)? with treats, a belly-rub, and a nose-kissie

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Yup!! Inka is VERY vocal; she even taught Maya how to "talk"!

Do you talk to your cat(s)? of course! Sometimes I even "meow"!!

mina'smomma
12-27-2004, 12:56 PM
What is your PT user name: mina'smomma

What is your real first name: Renae

Where do you live? Clare, MI

How long have you lived there? 6 months

Who do you live with? Fiance Lee Roy, and our little Mina

How did you find Pet Talk? researching infor on kittens

How long have you been posting here? Since August

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? Not yet, but want and hope to soon.

What do you do for a living? I'm a student and a Veterans Service Officer

What do you do for fun? Bake, read, write stories and letters, watch t.v or movies, and all sorts of crafts.

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Yeah when Lee Roy isn't home.

Does your cat(s) eat with you? Sometimes

What is your cat(s) best feature? Her personality, and her beautiful eyes. Also her need for me to sing and rock her to sleep.

What is your cat(s) worst habit? Getting shut in the closet after she has snuck in there while we're putting clothes away.

What is the favorite toy of the moment? Laser pointer.

Do they give you gifts? Yep

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? I cuddle with her and we take a nap together when I come home from work, and then she waits up for daddy and plays with him when he gets home.

How do you reward your cat(s)? Treats and lots of pleasant talk.

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Every morning while I'm getting ready for work.

Do you talk to your cat(s)? Yep, and I sing her to sleep too. She loves it.

DogLover9501
12-27-2004, 01:01 PM
What is your PT user name: DogLover9501

What is your real first name: Robyn

Where do you live? Newfoundland, Canada

How long have you lived there? All my life

Who do you live with? My parents, grandparents, 2 kitties and 3 dogs.

How did you find Pet Talk? I don't remember!

How long have you been posting here? Over a year

Have you ever met in person any fellow PT'ers? No :(

What do you do for a living? Student(soon)

What do you do for fun? Go to the dog park, play with the cats and dogs, volunteer work for the SPCA

Does your cat(s) sleep with you? Emma does

Does your cat(s) eat with you? No

What is your cat(s) best feature? I love all their features ;)

What is your cat(s) worst habit? They don't have any :p

What is the favorite toy of the moment? None, they need some new toys!!

Do you give your cat(s) Christmas gifts? Yes!!

Do they give you gifts? Nope, their love is enough ;)

How do you spend quality time with your cat(s)? Napping with them, playing with them..etc

How do you reward your cat(s)? Words, sing to them :p, temptations!

Does your cat(s) talk to you? Tigger talks ALOT, Emma not so much

Do you talk to your cat(s)? Yes-All the time!