PDA

View Full Version : saltwater fish

Robin
10-27-2000, 09:18 AM
Can anyone tell me if they know anything at all about the banded shark or for that matter the banded shark egg? I am wanting to get one of the eggs from my LFS but they don't really know what to feed them after they hatch. Can anyone else help me? Thanks

carrie
10-31-2000, 07:13 PM
Hi,
I'd love to help but am unsure of what fish you mean. As I am in the UK common names of fish are unreliable in indentification situations. Do you know the Latin, or scientific name of the fish? Can you tell me if you are talking about a bottom dwelling fish, what size you think the fish will grow to, or are these the things you are trying to find out? Are you sure it is a saltwater fish?
The fish that we know here as a banded shark (prefixed by high fin) is a fresh water fish that should only really be kept as part of a serious attempt to breed them as they are endangered. They originate from China, the Yangtse River, and are not really even a tropical fish, but a temperate or cold water species.
As I say I would love to help, but as your description and mine are so, so different I think it is unlikley we are on the same species! More info please!
Even if you don't know the scientific name any thoughts or info on what you already know about them may be helpful.
Glad to see another fishy dude here, meant in the best possible way!
I fear, however, that we have so many different names for the same fish we may never be talking about the same fish! It's worth a try though and at worst will be a laugh!!

JKRJG24
11-02-2000, 09:25 PM
Hi my Dad LOVES salt water fish we have lots of fish and coral! He used to be the president of the marine life aquarium society of michigan about two years ago! He is not the president any more but is still verry involved! He is the newsletter person! Any way I asked him if he ever heard of a banded shark and he said no but he has heard of a bamboo shark he said the only other kind he has heard of pepole keeping is a nurse shark! You can e-mail him at [email protected] or if you get this in the next week oyu may want to e-mail me at [email protected]. His office is in the basement he just had surgery today so I doubt he will be going down there for a while! Hope to help http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

KeppiKeet
02-16-2001, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry I can't help you but I have a Bettafish named Flame.

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/tongue.gif

------------------
KeppiKeet