PDA

View Full Version : Sarah's breeder is still in business. :(

Tonya
12-24-2004, 01:22 AM
For those of you that don't know, I supposedly rescued Sarah from a woman that was being shut down. When I went to her home, the conditions were disgusting and there were way to many dogs. It was her and her sister and they were both the most disgusting dirty people that I have ever met. I don't remember the exact details but she had so many days to get rid of the dogs before they took the rest away. She was also being forced to move. I know that it is at least partially true because the woman had no shame and showed me the notice herself and talked about how they were shutting her down. This woman lived in a little town well over an hour from me.

Well, I have a habit of reading the pet classifieds in the newspaper. This one particular phone number is constantly in there selling poms. And it is always at least 5-6 poms, which is odd because poms only have 2-4 a litter. So obviously, this person is breeding more then one bitch. Well, I'd been kind of following the ad, thinking that it was taking a long time for her pups to sell. (Giving her the benefit of the doubt, basically.) The most recent ad had been in there for at least a month. Well, then today, the ad changed. It was listing a different amount of females and males then the previous ad. And the color description was different.

So, I was feeling more certain that it was a major puppy mill going on. So, I decided to call the number and inquire about the puppies; to feel out what was going on. So, I dial the phone number from the ad with my cell phone, and my phone says "Calling Lana"on it. For the longest time, I've had the name and number for a Lana programed in my cell and I couldn't remember where it'd came from. It was Sarah's breeder! :mad: I was to stunned to ask to much. I just asked her if she had puppies left. When she said yes, I said I'd call her back.

So she's advertising all the way here in Modesto now?! She's still breeding?! How did that happen?! I can call the animal services up there and file a report. Now, I don't know where I got this from (rather if she told me, someone else told me, or I saw it), but it seems like her house was getting quarantined. Who would I call for that aspect of it? I don't even have her address any longer. All I know is her phone number and her first name. :mad:

Jods
12-24-2004, 11:02 AM
call back and say your thinking of stopping by and looking at the pups and get her addy then call the animal control or whoever. Good luck hopefully you get her out of buisness.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-24-2004, 03:45 PM
you can type her phone number into google and it often will bring up her address.

LKPike
12-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Jods
call back and say your thinking of stopping by and looking at the pups and get her addy then call the animal control or whoever. Good luck hopefully you get her out of buisness.

thats what I was about to say :p of course after you got the information, (if you feel like getting an attitude), remind her that shes already been in trouble for this atleast once, that she needs to go to walmart, buy some furbees and pokemon, and start a new "collecting" hobby.

Tonya
12-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
thats what I was about to say :p of course after you got the information, (if you feel like getting an attitude), remind her that shes already been in trouble for this atleast once, that she needs to go to walmart, buy some furbees and pokemon, and start a new "collecting" hobby.

I read that to Jaden and he goes "She needs to collect some cleaning supplies." haha. It's pretty bad when a small chid notices a messy house. The dogs at her house just peed and pooped anywhere. Including the blanket that her sister was laying under on the couch! :eek: She didn't even get up or flinch when the dog lifted his leg on the blanket!!!

Giselle
12-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Oh my gosh, I can not stand BYBs (which this lady is, obviously). Before she ruins more Pomeranians, I'd call her to set up a date where you can visit her "facility" and take a look at the puppies. While you're there, perhaps you can take a few photos with a digital camera. Just say you want to get a belated Xmas present for your sister, and that your sister wants to pick out the puppies via pics. But in reality, send those piccies to the SPCA. I'm pretty sure this is all legal...

Tonya
12-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Giselle
Oh my gosh, I can not stand BYBs (which this lady is, obviously). Before she ruins more Pomeranians, I'd call her to set up a date where you can visit her "facility" and take a look at the puppies. While you're there, perhaps you can take a few photos with a digital camera. Just say you want to get a belated Xmas present for your sister, and that your sister wants to pick out the puppies via pics. But in reality, send those piccies to the SPCA. I'm pretty sure this is all legal...

I would love to do all that, but I'm on bedrest right now. I don't have much up and around time right now. I have to pick and choose my battles. In a few days, when I recover from Christmas, I'm going to make some phone calls and see what I can do.

Tonya
12-28-2004, 12:39 AM
KBLAIX, that is such a cute sig! I love it!

wolfie
01-01-2005, 12:20 AM
I can't believe it! I remember your stories of that woman's house - it made me sick. It's so sad that she is still allowed to have dogs! Keep up updated - I hope this time they actually do stop her!