PDA

View Full Version : Problems sleeping?

slleipnir
12-23-2004, 11:05 PM
I know there must be other people with sleep issues here? What do you do about it/how can you get yourself to sleep better?

It just seems the last while I haven't been sleeping AT ALL. I feel tired ALL day and just want to sleep all the time. Even not sleeping durin the day doesn't help me sleep better. I feel tired right now (1am) but can't seem to fall asleep. I roll around for hours before I fall 'asleep' and even then I wake up all the time or have weird dreams then fall back to sleep.

It's just annoying. I hear my dad snoring 1 minute after his light goes out. HOW!?!? I don't think I've EVER fallen alseep so quickly...-sigh- I don't even remember feeling fully rested. What's it like?! Any ideas?

DJFyrewolf36
12-23-2004, 11:12 PM
I feel your pain...Right now Im living on no sleep in the past 30 or so hours :(. I wish I knew how to get rid if it myself. Anyone have any ideas at all? Sleeping pills don't work with me at all...

Im usually kept up by stress...or wierd dreams. I dont know what its like to feel rested...I rarely sleep and haven't been fully rested in YEARS!

petslover
12-23-2004, 11:13 PM
I know what you mean. I have the same problem. I don't know what to do with it either. It is very annoying. In the morning, when I go to school its like I need more sleep because I didn't sleep well that night. I hope you get more rest and find a good solution.

Amber
12-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Your not alone guys. I haven't been sleeping easily because of these horrible dreams I've been having. I'll fall asleep, and maybe an hour, I'll wake up for the half of the night because my dreams are scary.

Since I have a slightly cold, my mom has been making me take Nyquil night time cold medice, and I must say it will knock you out like a light. It's worked for me. I've gotten some good night sleeps without being disturbed.

But, what I do try to do when Im noot sick is cuddle up in all my blankets and pillows, cuddle with Elvis, turn off the t.v. and light, and just lay their with my eyes closed or something. I just try to relax, since I can't go back to sleep.

Tonya
12-24-2004, 01:02 AM
I good natural way to help insomnia is Calcium Supplements. Take a few before bed.

Logan
12-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Audrey, I haven't yet figured out the answer. :( It's 4:55 am and here I am. :(

Mandy1
12-24-2004, 04:35 AM
I can relate. I have the hardest time getting to sleep, it doesn't matter how tired I am, I always lay in bed for at least 1hr (usually more).

It's 3:30am right now, hopefully I can get to bed soon......

slleipnir
12-24-2004, 09:14 AM
I have this meditation CD I sometimes listen to while trying to sleep. It helps you relax. Sometimes I have to listen to it like 2 times, but it really does make me forget about all my worrys and relax a little (sometimes even it doesn't do anything though) Maybe you guys should look into that too??

cloverfdx
12-24-2004, 11:08 AM
I have the same problem, it is currently 4.15am and i am still fully awake (But then i only got home an hour ago).

Anyone have any tips on getting to sleep easier?

slleipnir
12-24-2004, 11:12 AM
I also hear drinking milk before sleeping helps..never really tried though..

Tonya
12-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I also hear drinking milk before sleeping helps..never really tried though..

That's the calcium in it. Calcium supplements work even better.

Laura's Babies
12-24-2004, 12:13 PM
I go through spells where my mind won't work with my body and when I try to go to sleep, it is like my mind is on overdrive and going in 1000 different directions... It seems to happen more when I am really, really tired. I just TRY to stay in bed and at least get some rest...

But DO stay away from caffeine.. tea, coffee, cokes, CHOCOLATE ect... I can drink coffee and go right to sleep but drink a glass of tea or eat chocolate and stay awake for hours... Lots of OTC medicine has caffeine in it too so watch out for those.