PDA

View Full Version : I am worried... :(

Samantha Puppy
12-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I took Samantha to get groomed today for Christmas. When I picked her up, I noticed one of her eyes was weeping a little - mostly in the inside corner but you could tell there was a little bit of dried stuff around the entire bottom of the eye area. I cleaned it out but it keeps weeping. Not badly... but it's still there.

It wasn't weeping at all prior to taking her to the groomers. She was there for 5 hours... isn't that a little fast to get the virus (or whatever) in her system and have her body react to it? I thought maybe she just got a hair or something in it.

Is there anything I should be looking for? I'm just worried with the holidays coming up, nothing (vet-wise) will be open if it turns into a bigger problem? I'm just looking for some advice - if you think it's bug or an irritation that'll go away or if anyone knows any ointment you can get without necessarily having to go to the vet...

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Jaime

caseysmom
12-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Is it green? Casey had that last july...it was basically pink eye in dogs, the meds they gave her were the same as what we humans take for pink eye. Do you have any on hand?

You could call your doctor and ask for a prescription...just tell him you think you are getting pink eye...anytime I call for my kids when they were younger they just prescribed it over the phone.

My vet even said she used the meds they give the dogs on her son because its the same. I can try to find my bottle and give you the name....

caseysmom
12-23-2004, 04:08 PM
I found the bottle but I am having trouble reading the small letters...hehe after 40 its all downhill....I will try and have my daughter read it when she gets home....

I think it says neomycin and polymycin B sulfate and dexamethasone opthimolic suspension.

Cinder & Smoke
12-23-2004, 04:08 PM
I'd call the GROOMER and ask if she got some soap in her eye?

If she did - it might be irritated and "wattery" for a while.

You could also ask them if they have any ointment that they use.

tatsxxx11
12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Poor Samantha:( Is your vet open tomorrow? I'd give the office a call and ask for advice. Is she blinking, closing her eye like something's irritating her? If it's a clear drainage, it might be just a bit of irriation. Just several hours would definitely be too short a time for a virus caught from the groomer's to exhibit symptoms. I hope you get to speak with the vet before the holiday, just to be safe! Feel better soon, sweet Samantha!:)

Jods
12-23-2004, 05:29 PM
oh no I hope everything goes well and you all have a merry christmas. Hope everything worked out with the problems you were having before. Give your babies a hug for me.

Samantha Puppy
12-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks, everyone. Jods, the problem from last week is being worked on. Something like this isn't able to be fixed overnight... and no, incase anyone was wondering, no one cheated on anyone.

As for Samantha's eye... it was still weeping a little bit when my husband and I left her at my parent's house this evening (about 45 minutes ago). It's her right eye and only the outside white part of it is red. The inside corner is fine. It's not oozing green anymore, it's just oozing a little bit of cloudy white. She is squinting it a little but that's all. She still has her appetite, she still would play if you initiated, but she seemed a little down in the dumps tonight. :( She's in the care of my parents, whom she LOVES, so I know she'll be fine... My mom is keeping an eye on Samantha's eye... I still have some ointment leftover from Sushi's conjunctivitis back in November so if her eye is still red or oozing tomorrow, I'm going to meet my parents to give them the ointment to put on it.

Keep my babe in your prayers though. It just makes me nervous to have something "not quite right" around this time of year when places aren't as accessible as usual.

Merry Christmas, everyone... from Samantha and me.

Jods
12-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Oh poor girl I hope it gets better before santa comes. I didn't think your husband cheated on you I thought you meant you had a problem with a friend. I hope you, your husband Samatha and the kittys have a good Christmas... Take lots of pics of the babies first Christmas I'm sure they will love the wrapping paper. Give all the fur babes hugs :)

ramanth
12-27-2004, 12:07 PM
How's Samantha doing?