PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my uncle and his family

Miranda_Rae
12-23-2004, 03:28 PM
I thought I would ask you guys to pray for my uncle because he needs all the prayers that he can get. He's an alcoholic (ever since I have known him), and hes married with two kids (6 and 3). He just got out of treatment, he was in there for about 1 month and a half, and now he is drinking A LOT again. He has also done stuff that he normally didn't do before he went to treatment. For Example: he DROVE over to my grandma's house while he was drunk yesterday :mad:, and then he took a cab over to her house today (he's Tahoe was at her house still), and my grandma is pretty scared. My mom went over there to just be there with her, and everything. My aunt has pretty much lost all hope of him getting better and stop drinking, and I am afraid that she might divorce him. :( I would hate to see that happen. When he's drunk he becomes very strange. He has made comments about people driving by his house and watching him, the phones were tapped by his boss, and other things. :eek: So they are trying to get him put back in treatment for a MUCH longer time, maybe 3 months to a year. I hope they do the year one because that program sounds the best for him. I just hope they get him in TODAY!! He won't be here for Christmas or Christmas Eve, but thats ok if it means he's getting help, is safe, and other people are safe. So if you could, could you please pray for him and his family. I feel so sorry for his wife and kids. She is the sweetest lady and she doesn't deserve to put up with that crap. :(

tatsxxx11
12-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Alcoholism is as tough on the family as it is the one afflicted:( And often it takes more than one or even two stints at rehab before you begin to see progress. He definitely needs help but I understand how awful it is for your aunt and all of you. Hopefully your family can have an intervention and get him back into rehab where he can get some help; asap. I've had experience with alcoholics in my family too and I know hard it this for you and everyone. Lots of hugs to you friend. I surely will be keeping you, your uncle and your entire family in my prayers. I hope your family can still manage to have a good Christmas. Love, Sandra

flamepony12
12-23-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry, and prayers are on the way. :( ((((HUGS))))