PDA

View Full Version : :P I feel kinda silly doing this, but...

Giselle
12-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Apparently, I have an 'earwax problem', and it got worse while I was sick (few days ago). Last time this happened, a doctor took a syringe and squirted water into my ear. It had enough power to unclog the wax out. Then, she prescribed this medicine that I dropped into my ear for a week or so. The medicine is long gone, and my ears are clogged again. I can't use a Q-tip, because that'll just pack debris inside. What do I do? Go back to the doctor and tell 'em I need my ears unclogged LOL?

Tonya
12-22-2004, 11:33 PM
My son has had those problems. If you do not have tubes in your ears, go to the drug store...they have lots of different over the counter stuff for that. There's also a natural remedy called candeling. I don't know much about it though. I do know that there are home candeling kits, you don't have to pay someone to do it for you.

Click here:
Candeling (http://www.beautytech.info/qa/candeling.htm)

Laura's Babies
12-23-2004, 08:57 AM
I work with a guy that has it bad a lot and his doctor told him to mix peroxide (sp?) with water, lay down, put a few drops in the ear, wait a minute and then sit up and let drain out. His ears get so plugged up that he can not even hear and he said this works for him...

pitc9
12-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I work with a guy that has it bad a lot and his doctor told him to mix peroxide (sp?) with water, lay down, put a few drops in the ear, wait a minute and then sit up and let drain out. His ears get so plugged up that he can not even hear and he said this works for him...

I've hear of that also!
I hope you find something that works for you!

BitsyNaceyDog
12-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies

It's probably completely different, but my sister and I always got swimmers ear when we were young. Every time we got out of the pool my dad would put a couple drops of peroxide and vinegar (equal parts) in our ears. It always unclogged our ears and prevented swimmers ear.

lizzielou742
12-23-2004, 11:17 AM
I had that problem once when I had a very bad cold. They did the ear-blasting thing which was AWESOME. I could hear 1000 times better. Maybe the doctor or nurse could do that again for you. I bet now that you've realized your hearing is changed by it, you notice it all the time now. I know I do.

micki76
12-23-2004, 11:19 AM
I've had to have that done a few times in the past. I didn't care for it. It made me dissy and I felt like I was going to pass out. :eek:

Maybe try the candling that Tonya suggested? My husband loves when his mom does that. You can but the candles at GNC.