PDA

View Full Version : Sick, AGAIN!!! (just venting)

NoahsMommy
12-22-2004, 09:06 PM
I need to vent...

I'm sick, again. Fun fun!!!

This time, I've caught the flu or something. I feel dizzy, hot, cold, annoyed, unsteady and its so hard to think. My stomach hurts too, of course.

I came home on Monday night and went to bed at 8pm. I woke up at 8 and finally dragged myself into work at 9:30 for two hours. I couldn't take anymore so I came home, ate and slept.

I awoke at 4 pm on Tuesday, took all my meds, including Tylanol PM and slept until 8:30 this morning. Still, I feel like crap. I don't have typical flu symptoms other than my body aching, my stomach upset and feeling horribly dizzy. I'm not coughing, sneezing and the throat pain I had Tuesday is gone.

I'm on those steroids and have been warned against being around anyone ill or newly vaccinated. David was sick last week, but he was coughing, sneezing and stuffy.

I'm just complaining. THere's so much to do for Christmas and I hate feeling sick.

Thanks for listening. ;)

flamepony12
12-22-2004, 09:09 PM
oh, jeez, I hate it when that happens!! :( :mad: :( You must feel sooo miserable... I hope you feel better soon! :(

Cookiebaker
12-22-2004, 09:12 PM
{{Hugs}} I hope you feel better soon, and that in the mean while lots of kitty-love will comfort you!

zippy-kat
12-22-2004, 09:14 PM
{{hugs}}

Sorry you feel icky, Kelly. :(

catnapper
12-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Sprry to hear that you are getting sick! The flu is the worst - and the timing is just terrible! Nobody wants to be sick on Christmas!

Take a nice long hot shower, wrap yourself in comfy PJs and sip some nice hot tea with lemon.

slick
12-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Oh Kelly, I was wondering what happened. I'm so, so sorry. What an awful time to be sick. Please stay in bed and take care of yourself. You know where I am if you need to talk.

{{{HUGS}}}
slick
xoxo

lizzielou742
12-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Get well soon!

Tonya
12-23-2004, 12:13 AM
I am sorry that you are sick. :( I hope that you get well soon.

Karen
12-23-2004, 12:15 AM
Awww! Being sick is no fun any time, but when it's almost Christmas and there's so much to do ... you'll be in my prayers.

shais_mom
12-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Feel better soon Kelly!

Mandy1
12-23-2004, 12:45 AM
I hope you get better soon. What a horrible time to be sick :(

christa
12-23-2004, 06:54 AM
I feel for you!

I had the flu about 3 weeks ago . . . same symptoms you listed. Hot, cold, dizzy, achey all over, weak, my skin hurt, my stomach HURT SO BAD! And then there were two days that I had the runs CONSTANTLY! Bad, bad, bad . . . lasted about 5 days for me.

Keep some kind of pain reliever in you for the aches. I had those bad . . . my back even hurt for about a week after I was well.

Hope you get to feeling better!

I wouldn't wish the flu on anyone!

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-23-2004, 07:05 AM
EWWW

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you have a super quick get beter for the holidays...

{{{HUGS}}}

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-23-2004, 07:23 AM
Kelly, I hope you feel better really soon!!

(((HUGS)))

Julie

Laura's Babies
12-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Hay now, this is NOT the time to get sick!!! HURRY and get well soon!

cookieluver7
12-23-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry that you are feeling sick especially around this time of year. I really hope you feel better. {{{HUGS}}}

pitc9
12-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon!!

sirrahbed
12-23-2004, 10:24 AM
((((Kelly)))):( So sorry to hear that you feel so awful! Being on steroids can also make you feel terrible...have you taken them before? Are you weaning down from them now?
I hope you can pamper yourself and let the kitty nurses help, too - and maybe by now you are feeling a teensy bit better. Oh and here is a nicer hug:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/grouphug2.gif

smokey the elder
12-23-2004, 10:40 AM
I hope you feel better. Being sick at Christmas time is the pits.

NoahsMommy
12-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Awww, thanks guys! :)

I just woke up and I feel a little better today.

Debbie, I'm being weaned off the steroids, down to 6mg instead of 9mg. This time he's keeping me on them for 6 weeks as opposed to 4 weeks. I guess one day I'll be off these stupid things. ;)

micki76
12-23-2004, 11:01 AM
I just saw this, Kelly. I hope you get well soon. :)

Hubby came home early yesterday sick as he could be. I gave him two doses of Airborne last night and he already feels better.

I highly recommend this stuff, and you can buy it at Walmart or most drug stores.

http://www.airbornehealth.com/

NoahsMommy
12-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I just saw this, Kelly. I hope you get well soon. :)

Hubby came home early yesterday sick as he could be. I gave him two doses of Airborne last night and he already feels better.

I highly recommend this stuff, and you can buy it at Walmart or most drug stores.

http://www.airbornehealth.com/

Micki,
That stuff is WONDERFUL for everyone without gastrointestinal illness. We figured out that's what put me in the hospital the last time. I was taking two airbornes plus two emergen-c a day the few days before I was hospitalized. Anything over 1000mg of Vitamin C a day can cause severe digestive problems. :eek:

Glad your hubby feels better now. :) That stuff really works for everyone I've known to take it.