PDA

View Full Version : Christmas dinner???????

LorraineO
12-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Do you all eat traditional turkey or something else for xmas dinner?

I got sick of slaving over a full tukey dinner for hours..so now we opt for a prime rib dinner,,,,, yummy!!!! and much quicker and easier!!

buckner
12-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I've never heard of turkey being the traditional meat for the meal, but usually we have that and ham. This year, because it's going to be different (my grandfather passed away this past July :() my uncle suggested a few different meats. Spare ribs, those whole hen things (look like miniature chickens, I guess), jumbo shrimp, and chicken legs for the little tikes. :) I'll just be eating the shrimp, but it stills sounds yummy. Plus some new veggies and sides that we usually don't have, like a tossed salad (a huge salad bar, take what you want type of thing), baked beans, fried apples, etc.

Nomilynn
12-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Call me crazy, but I LOVE to cook. I did the big turkey dinner last year, and I'm doing it again this year for me and my parents :D And I make a pretty mean turkey, too! ;)

The secret: abandon all concerns about calories on Christmas day ;)

chocolatepuppy
12-22-2004, 08:41 PM
We have turkey for Christmas dinner. We get together with my family on Christmas Eve and have ham.

sammy101
12-22-2004, 08:46 PM
on christmas eve were going to have Salmon!:D and i think on christmas day were having the traditional turkey dinner:)

cookieluver7
12-22-2004, 08:52 PM
It depends what my grandma makes. Normally ham or turkey- nothing too special!

manda_moo87
12-22-2004, 09:15 PM
We have turkey... YUMMM... :D

flamepony12
12-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Ham and BAKALA!! :D:D

NoahsMommy
12-22-2004, 11:32 PM
For Christmas Eve, with my in-laws, we're having turkey or ham, very traditional.

For Christmas with my parents, I asked my mom to make lasagna. I love, love, LOVE her lasagna so much. A bit untraditional, but yummy. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-23-2004, 12:52 AM
I'm having a Turkey dinner:) We have turkey every year for Christmas:) I couldn't imagine having anything different...

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-23-2004, 07:37 AM
With Christmas falling in the middle of summer in South Africa, it is typically celebrated in my family with a huge BBQ around the pool!

However this year I am in Bahrain for Christmas, and as it is winter, we have changed plans...

I have invited 2 other couples plus their kids (also not going "home" for Christmas) :

- one lady is bringing dessert, the other is bringing all the veggies and side dishes and I am in charge of the meat.

I went to my fantastic butcher yesterday, and had 2 roasts made up:

- De-boned leg of lamb, re-rolled with TONS of garlic, and

- Sirloin beef roast, stuffed with streaky bacon:D

Hubby is going to cook them on the gas BBQ (with the lid on) for about 3 hours - yummy!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-23-2004, 09:55 AM
No turkey here!

We start with St.Jacob-shells.
Then we have gourmet! I will post a picture of it later!
We have Christmas cake for dessert:p :p

pitc9
12-23-2004, 10:10 AM
We have ham & turkey! So everyone is happy!! (I LOOOOOOVE ham!!)

sirrahbed
12-23-2004, 10:45 AM
For our Christmas dinner, I either get a spiral glazed ham (SOOO easy and yummy - just heat it up!) or a standing ribroast (essentially primerib still on the rack - I buy one with 4-5 bones)
For the sides, I make southern greenbeans with onions, bacon and brown sugar, sweet potato casserole, a corn pudding and rolls, etc. The dessert lately has been a cheesecake because that is the favorite of both my son and DIL.
This year I am cooking the ham:)

DIL Chris is bringing the assorted candies and cookies she and her mom made, but I am in the mood to bake so I am doing a few today: chocolate/peanut butter bars, pralines and don't know what they are called - but crushed pecan cookies rolled into balls and then in powdered sugar - "mexican wedding cakes or cookies" maybe?

LorraineO
12-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
No turkey here!

We start with St.Jacob-shells.
Then we have gourmet! I will post a picture of it later!
We have Christmas cake for dessert:p :p

WHAT is St Jacobs Shells???