PDA

View Full Version : Numb....

catnapper
12-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I just got back from the dentist and I'm numb for two reasons: one they hit a nerve with the novacaine (major owie going in, major numb remaining :D ) and two... the cost! Goodness, an unexpected dentist trip is VERY VERY expensive. I was chewing a Tootsie Roll the other day and broke a tooth :(

Thank goodness they have a new machine that made an almost thousand dollar procedure into something much more affordable! It was sooo cool! They took computer pictures of my tooth that turned it into a 3D model of my tooth in the comuter. Then he used the computer software to model my tooth the way it should look in my mouth, and clicked a button which sent it to another machine that actually molded and cut my tooth from a piece of tooth colored dentist-stuff (technical, ain't I? :D ) Twenty minutes later, the machine was done making my new tooth... and they just glued it in! A few minor adjustments later and a sizable dent in my checking account, I was sent on my merry way. Wow, I don't want to say the visit was a pleasure, but compared to past experiences getting a crown it was painless!

PS: My dentist would like to thank the makers of Tootsie Rolls for keeping him in business! :D ;)

slick
12-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Warning.....don't try to drink a glass of water unless you're wearing a bib......I know from experience. :D
Dentists are no fun at all, are they? At least it's done and overwith before Christmas.

Laura's Babies
12-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Shows you how far that have advance since I been to a dentist.. but I know there will be a visit in my near future... Grrrrrrr...

dukedogsmom
12-22-2004, 06:21 PM
I've got a great dentist, too. He's a dental surgeon but so good. A good bonus is he's cute. I'll bet when they hit that nerve, you went through the roof. I hope you won't be too sore when the numbness wears off.

catnapper
12-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I hope you won't be too sore when the numbness wears off.
Funny you should say that.. its just now wearing offand quite tender. And my lip is all swollen - I bit my lip a few times without realizing it! I've never been quite this numb before! I never felt a thing!

RedHedd
12-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a good dentist who stays on top of technology! Even though it was expen$ive it's probably cheaper than the old-fashioned crown procedure and will look nicer and last longer too. I LOVE my dentist! Someday my mouth might even be paid for! :D

RICHARD
12-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Repeat after me...
She sell sea shells by the sea shore....

Feel better....

I love to go a 'vistin when I'm like that, It scares people!

Jods
12-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Ouch! Do I ever hate the dentist... That machine sounds really cool though... To bad you were eating the tootsie roll this close to christmas being that it costed so much... I guess you'll have to give up those yummy little gooey treats LOL:)

moosmom
12-23-2004, 08:44 AM
RICHARD,

I think YOU scare people in general anyway with your weird sense of humor. But we love you anway!!

Catnapper,

I hear on the radio all the time dentists in Michigan advertising painless dentistry with medication.

BETTER LIVING THROUGH PHARMACEUTICALS!!!! Yahoo!!

pitc9
12-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Oh I hate those shots!!! OUCH!