PDA

View Full Version : In Rememberance of Benny

CountryWolf07
12-22-2004, 02:50 PM
Wow.. even it's still hard for me to type.. I was cleaning my room, and I was cleaning out a dresser drawer, and I pulled out a couple pictures of Benny, then it hit me..

On December 23, 1998, my family and I put down our beloved family pet, Benny. He was 16 years old. He was my best friend. I'll never forget the night my parents told me it was time for him to go. I was 14 years old, and I was angry. I told them they weren't going to take him away from me. I just held Benny in my arms and just held on to him and talked to him. Kissed him on the head and petted him. That last night, I slept with him on the floor. I wouldn't sleep in my bed. I had him sleep by me, side by side. I couldn't really sleep, actually. I just was up almost all night, looking at him, and I wouldn't leave him. Then morning came, and my mom came down and saw me sleeping with him. I woke up to my mom petting Benny, and she told me it was almost time. I even remember when the vet called us to let us know he hasn't let Benny go. He was upset. He and the vet staff spent time with him. They were attached to him. Then at 11:07 am, the vet called and let us know, he passed on to the Rainbow bridge. I wouldn't let it sink in, until I heard the phone call, and I started bawling, and I just went "Why did you do that, why?" He was truely my best buddy. So, that night, I was in the living room, I was still depressed.. and something caught my attention, and I saw Benny. It was his spirit, I swear, I saw him.. then I blinked, and he was gone.. It must've been a sign to let me know that he was OK and he's happy. He meant the world to me, and he still does. He was my guardian angel - He watched over me when I came home from the hospital. Benny was always with me, no matter where I was in the house, he was always by me. In every childhood picture, you can see a picture of me, and Benny would be in it. :)

So, Benny, I think about you all the time, and I miss you. No other dog will ever replace you. So in honor of you, I will name my future dog after you. Go play hard and have fun!

I'd post a picture, but I will do that later..

My Peanuts
12-22-2004, 02:58 PM
What a sweet tribute to Benny. It sounds like he was a big part of your family.

RIP sweet Benny

tatsxxx11
12-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Tears are pouring down my face:(:(:( How very lucky your Benny was to have known such love and devotion. What a beautiful tribute to your most loved boy. He's not really gone, he lives on in your heart and in your memories and in your words. The night before I had to let my dog of a lifetime, my Jingles go, like you, I slept on the floor beside her and just held her, looked at her, smelled her, took in every inch of her. I'll bet Jing and Benny are having a great time at the Bridge, playing together:). And you know, they are waiting there for us and one day, we'll be with them once again. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Jadapit
12-22-2004, 04:10 PM
That was truly beautiful and it brought tears to my eyes. I had a dog and his name was Kato. He was a sheri-pei pit bull mix and I loved that dog more than anything. Him and I were so intune with one another. I do know how hard it is when you lose them. When I lost Kato it was like a piece of my heart was ripped out. I will never forget him just like you will never forget Benny.

We were lucky to have them in our lives because some people never get to share something that special!

mizz_jessi
12-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Awww, that is sooo sweet! I remember my old dog Harvey, he was really special to me, i was 9 when he had to be put down! I had lived with him all my life as my mum and dad had got him before i was born! Even now 5 years later i still get tears in my eyes when i see pictures of him!

RIP to all our special friends out there waiting to meet us once again! We all love you!

LorraineO
12-22-2004, 08:46 PM
thank you for sahring him and your memories with us... It brought back memories of my first dog Bridgette,,, she came the Germany with us when my family was stationed there and we sent her home back to Canada ahead of us when we finished there...... She stayed with my grandparents, but her back went on her and she had to put down before we could see her again,,,,, my last memories of her was when she was drugged up for the plane ride,,, she couldnt walk right and we all laughed,,,,, she was a very happy girl,,,,,,, that was over 30 yrs ago,, and it seemed like yesterday when I think on it....:(

pitc9
12-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Thank you for sharing that story with us all, I believe without a doubt that you saw his spirit!! He must have wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!!

CountryWolf07
12-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Here are a couple pictures... :) Makes me smile, but it hurts so much.. he's always gonna be my best buddy.. forever in my heart, never forgotten!

*sigh*

Today marks the 6th year.. oh my gosh.. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/countrywolf07/benn1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/countrywolf07/benn.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/countrywolf07/2benn.jpg

anna_66
12-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Rachel Benny was a beautiful dog. It's so wonderful that you have such great memories of him. I understand how hard it is and how much you miss them.
Such a touching tribute. Thank you for sharing it with us.

wolf_Q
12-25-2004, 11:56 PM
That's a beautiful tribute Rachel! He was such an adorable dog, I know he was very loved too. He will be remembered always.