PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #86.....let's Be Done With It!!

RICHARD
12-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone...
Since it's Time for the Christmas Pageant....You all can order what ever you want......Isn't that what the season is all about???:)

So, let us begin.....

On the outskirts of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, a couple wandered around looking for a place to hang out until the Ball Drop in Times Square.....;)

lbaker
12-22-2004, 11:58 AM
The donkey they were leading was still worn out from his trip down the Grand Canyon on his last field trip and he was getting very weary and just wanted to rest......

one hot toddy please....

slick
12-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Laurie.....why don't you curl up on the couch by the fire with your special blankie. Sweet Toddy is on his way. LOL

Here's the santa suit, I hear that David is wearing it this week. Are you an elf Richard? Can I be an angel you've heard on high??

momoffuzzyfaces
12-22-2004, 12:15 PM
They stopped at the local Holiday Inn, but alas, there were no rooms to be had...

cherry root beer, onion rings, and 4 cat nip teas, please?
:D

RICHARD
12-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
They stopped at the local Holiday Inn, but alas, there were no rooms to be had...

cherry root beer, onion rings, and 4 cat nip teas, please?
:D

The innkeeper (that's ME!!) said...

Why don't y'all hang out in the bar for while.....Let me check out some websites for a room??? Want something to drink??

(heard on HIGH??-Gum please!!)

CRB, Onion Rings And 4 CNT's DONE!

lbaker
12-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Please make sure whatever you find is PetFriendly Mr Innkeeper, we have a tired ol' donkey, a fuzzy little cherry eating, beer drinking buddy and I do believe some smelly old camels are expected with 3 Wise AA$... um, Wisenheimers on board a bit later......

davidpizzica
12-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by slick
Laurie.....why don't you curl up on the couch by the fire with your special blankie. Sweet Toddy is on his way. LOL

Here's the santa suit, I hear that David is wearing it this week. Are you an elf Richard? Can I be an angel you've heard on high?? Slick, I have the suit and it looks good! I don't need a fake beard, I have my own. HO HO HO!!

zippy-kat
12-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Bark! Bark!
I hear the honda, signaling the arrival of the firemen...

Look what they've brought ... presents!
String of Kings, Hoard of fords, and Prints of peas

(Ok, I also came up with "mold, fur-n-cents, and purr" someone else can work those into the story. lol)

lbaker
12-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Did you know that Frankencense and Myrrh were actually gum derivitives? For real! ("Prints of Peas" :D )

Randi
12-22-2004, 02:07 PM
I think it's time that Fister had one of those capnip teas. He's being very demanding these days - I could do with just a few drops of yellow Grand Marnier in my coffee, it makes all the difference. :D Should I go and whip some cream for the apple cake? .... I think I will! :)

catland
12-22-2004, 02:09 PM
meanwhile, back at the Holiday Inn, the serving wench prepared a lovely side dish for the weary travelers. Asparagus brought in by camel, with the appropriate sauce.

(ok, I'm repeating this joke from last year but hey, there's new people who haven't groaned to this one yet).

Among his treasures, one of the three wise guys had a beautiful shiney platter that he loaned to the serving wench because, as we all know....

There's no place like chrome for the hollindaise.

RICHARD
12-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Catland..

Some jokes never get old.....

Randi,
1 catnip tea and a slug of GM for your coffee.

DONE

Laurie,

Ever try to keep a sitck of gum lit???

Zippy.

LOLOL.

Growing up I always thought that the word to "Silent Night" were...
"Round, young virgin....." ;)

I guess "of size, innocent girl" wouldn't fit the song...:confused:

Corinna
12-22-2004, 02:38 PM
as they ate their lovely warming meal . The beatles were playing their christmas hits . The unborn babe was rocking out in the young womans womb.I'll have a suger free hot cocoa please.

zippy-kat
12-22-2004, 04:02 PM
INNKEEP!
The lady needs a womb with a ewe!

...(room with a view)...

slick
12-22-2004, 05:19 PM
OK FOLKS.....LINE UP.....THE BROWNIES ARE BAKED!!! :D :D

Bartender may I have a double BM please! I'll keep my distance.....had a greek lunch today with LOTS of garlic....

dukedogsmom
12-22-2004, 06:32 PM
I'll take a brownie with a big glass of milk to go with it! I'll be sleeping in no time(after my laughing fit)

RICHARD
12-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
INNKEEP!
The lady needs a womb with a ewe!

...(room with a view)...

OH my......

Where am I gonna get one of THOSE???

ahhh.......Let me think....
:)

Corrina,

Sugar free cocoa,DONE!

Slick,

WHOA HO!!!

DDM,

Cow and gra---brownies........MOOOOOOOOOVE over, I'll share with you!

NO brownies for you...Mario.....No you cannot be the child in swadding clothes.....Isn't that blasphemous?

davidpizzica
12-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Bartender, a BM over this way, too! My throat is kind of raw from choir practice. A couple of brownies will help it too!

gini
12-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Slips into the bar humming this song. Oh, Wow!
Santa is here............and all of my favorite people!

gini
12-23-2004, 11:48 AM
The following story is hot off the email presses.

One particular Christmas, a long time ago,
Santa was getting ready for his annual trip.
Alas, there were problems everywhere.
Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee
elves just weren't producing the toys as
fast as the regular ones. Poor Santa was
beginning to feel the pressure of being
behind schedule. Then Mrs. Claus
announced that her mom was coming
to visit.

This stressed Santa even more. When
he went to harness the reindeer, he
found that three of them were about
to give birth and two had jumped the
fence and were out, heaven knows where.

More stress. Furthermore, when he
began to load the sleigh, one of the
boards cracked, and the toy bag fell
to the ground scattering the toys
everywhere. Frustrated, Santa went
into the house for a cup of apple cider
and a shot of rum. When he went to
the cupboard, he discovered that
the elves had hidden the liquor, ! and
there was nothing to drink.

In his frustration, he accidentally
dropped the cider pot, and it
broke into hundreds of little pieces
all over the kitchen floor. He went to
get the broom and found that mice
had eaten the straw end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and
irritable Santa trudged to the door. He
opened the door, and there was a
little angel with a great big Christmas
tree.

The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry
Christmas, Santa. Isn't it a lovely day?
I have a beautiful tree for you. Where
would you like me to stick it?"

...... And thus began the tradition of
the little angel on top of the Christmas
tree.

Merry Christmas, and I hope you were
gentle putting your angel on the tree

catland
12-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Gini - lol and OUCH!

How do sheep in Mexico wish you a merry Christmas?

Fleece Navidad.

I haven't seen the bartender yet so I'll just help myself to Tom and Jerry... uh, I mean some eggnog :o

slick
12-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Oh my, you two are sure giggly this morning. I'm still trying to wake up.

LOL Gini and Catland....thanks for the smiles. Poor little Angel got a bum deal!:D

All I need now is a Spanish Coffee and a happy brownie before I get to work. Work? Today? It's so quiet in here you could shoot a cannon though.

Can we please say a little prayer for Laurie who is sick with the flu and Kelly also. Kelly doesn't frequent the bar but that doesn't mean that we can't chase her flu bugs away, too.;)

RICHARD
12-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by david p
Bartender, a BM over this way, too! My throat is kind of raw from choir practice. A couple of brownies will help it too!

Bm and brownie.

DONE!

Gini, You get a laugh....

DONE!

Catland,

That was BBBBAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDD!

(LOVED IT)

EN, DONE!

Slick,
Brownie and Cafe Espanol!

DONE....

(I'm glad that it's a virtual bar.....brownies and Bloody Marys?? I'll have to talk to David about that!!);)

moosmom
12-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Slick, I have the suit and it looks good! I don't need a fake beard, I have my own. HO HO HO!!

Hey Santa, mind if I sit on your lap and give you my wish list???

Great story, Gini! Pass that little angel some Preparation H!!!

Chocolate and tomato juice? :eek: My heart burns already! Gimme a vodka martini, easy on the vermouth and plenty of olives in a chilled glass!!

Fleece Navidad, y'all!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-23-2004, 01:03 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE, EVERYONE!

Can I have a brownie and some hot chocolate? (3 big marshmallows, please.) And of course, 4 catnip teas!:D

dukedogsmom
12-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Guess I'll take another brownie now. I need my roughage :D Although, it'll be hard to behave myself here at work. One day closer to Christmas! Wish it was cold down here. Anyone want to send us some snow? It's in the 60's and it's thoroughly depressing.

slick
12-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Hey Donna.....I've got some great chewing gum over here???? ;) :D

davidpizzica
12-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE, EVERYONE!

Can I have a brownie and some hot chocolate? (3 big marshmallows, please.) And of course, 4 catnip teas!:D Well,Connie, did you like my picture? That was taken at my local Petco when I was volunteering with Cat Sense. Cora is the lucky gal I'm holding and she was adopted soon afterward.

davidpizzica
12-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Hey Santa, mind if I sit on your lap and give you my wish list???

Great story, Gini! Pass that little angel some Preparation H!!!

Chocolate and tomato juice? :eek: My heart burns already! Gimme a vodka martini, easy on the vermouth and plenty of olives in a chilled glass!!

Fleece Navidad, y'all!! Any time, Donna! Have you been a good girl??

momoffuzzyfaces
12-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Well,Connie, did you like my picture? That was taken at my local Petco when I was volunteering with Cat Sense. Cora is the lucky gal I'm holding and she was adopted soon afterward. At the risk of making Mrs. Claus jealous, yes I liked your picture a lot. :D

I think you must have been good luck for Cora since she found a home after you had your picture taken together. Maybe you really ARE Santa? :D

catland
12-23-2004, 01:26 PM
<darn - and I expected Slick to make a comment about Tom and Jerry being the haz-mat guys>

Has anyone seen Mario? I knitted a little Santa hat for him. (now I know this is a virtual bar because I don't know the first thing about knitting)

slick
12-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by catland
<darn - and I expected Slick to make a comment about Tom and Jerry being the haz-mat guys>
:D :D Sorry Julie.....I'm a little slow today.....must have been those "happy brownies" and that chewing gum. ;) Oh, the colours.......:eek:

davidpizzica
12-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Connie, at least to Cora I was!! She received the best present of all, A new home!!

thenamelessone
12-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Then batman falls out of a time portal in the roof of the bar with robin…
Robin: Wholly Birthday batman!!!

davidpizzica
12-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Bm and brownie.

DONE!

Gini, You get a laugh....

DONE!

(I'm glad that it's a virtual bar.....brownies and Bloody Marys?? I'll have to talk to David about that!!);) RICHARD, I must have a good (virtual) constitution! Anyhow could I exchange the BMs for a steaming hot chocolate with marshmallows? It goes better with a brownie!!

RICHARD
12-23-2004, 03:21 PM
RICHARD, I must have a good (virtual) constitution! Anyhow could I exchange the BMs for a steaming hot chocolate with marshmallows? It goes better with a brownie!!

LOLOLOLOLOL,

In cyberspace we all 'move' better....
:rolleyes:

Hot choco and marshmallows...DONE!

TNO,
Your first joke entitles you to your first drink!

Slick....

TOO late for Santa to get a new file on either one of us!!!:D

DDM,

bite your tongue....I'm too frail to shovel snow:rolleyes:

MOFF,
brownie, hot choco with marshmallows and 4 CNT's..

Happy Xmas Furkids.....

DONE!

MM,

Ready??

SHAKEN OR STIRRED???...I have always wanted to do that!!!!!:)

DONE!

Gini?
Drink?

Tonya
12-23-2004, 04:51 PM
My back aches, my feet are swollen, and I can't sleep. Can someone get me a cup of tea?

catland
12-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Sorry to hear you are having such a tough day Tonya....

come sit by the fire and put your feet up and I'll see if I can find some tea for you.

RICHARD
12-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by catland
Sorry to hear you are having such a tough day Tonya....

come sit by the fire and put your feet up and I'll see if I can find some tea for you.

Cup of tea, a blanky and a fire....

DONE......

-------------

Will someone open the door and let Mario in??

He's been in the jacuzzi all morning....

zippy-kat
12-23-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm such a mean meowmie!

It's snowed the past two days and guess which bratkat got "dumped" outside in it? :D

I'd like a cup of coffee, please, and I think K'Cee wants a new mommy (or maybe some socks for those cold feeties). lol

RICHARD
12-23-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm such a mean meowmie!

It's snowed the past two days and guess which bratkat got "dumped" outside in it? :D

I'd like a cup of coffee, please, and I think K'Cee wants a new mommy (or maybe some socks for those cold feeties). lol

Cafe and a new mo.....socks for K'cee........DONE!

;)

Shhh everyone, Tonya's gone to sleep....

I think we have our Mary for the pageant.....:D who's gonna tell her when she wakes up???:D

moosmom
12-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Any time, Donna! Have you been a good girl??

Gosh, gee willakers, you should KNOW I've been a good girl!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
12-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Gosh, gee willakers, you should KNOW I've been a good girl!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sorry, that was just a routine question. You can stay here as long as you want! I know that you are a sweet
and wonderful lady!

thenamelessone
12-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Sits and ponders why batman was here and offers to play one of the sheep…
:eek:

That and orders 2 CN teas for me kibbys.
LOFL:D

Tonya
12-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Shhh everyone, Tonya's gone to sleep....

I'm awake again. That blanket and fire made me so comfy. :o

slick
12-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Happy Christmas Eve everyone! Just checking in to grab a Spanish Coffee to go.
Tonya, hope you feel better today.
Zippy....I'll address that Bad Meowmie syndrome today.
thenamelessone: I'm still trying to figure you out....took me a year to decipher Richard. I'm a little older and slower than you. :D
Donna: I think that's enough "lap-sitting" for now....;)
To everyone else, Merry Christmas and don't drink too much nog!

zippy-kat
12-24-2004, 12:22 PM
I sooooooooo want a pizza -- anyone want to share one?

davidpizzica
12-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Aw, Slick! Donna was just telling me what she wanted for Christmas. (It's a long list!)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2004, 02:02 PM
I sooooooooo want a pizza -- anyone want to share one? I DO!
Just don't put any of those fisy thingies on mine! Ms. K'Cee can have those! ;)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE!:D

dukedogsmom
12-24-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm always up for pizza! No fish for me, either please. I can pick off the olives. I'm at work but got lucky enough to be off tomorrow. It's finally getting a little cool here again. Hope everyone is having a good Christmas eve.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-24-2004, 02:30 PM
I'll have some pizza! But only one slice, don't want to ruin my appetite for Fisherman's Wharf dinner tonight. MMMMmm-mm!

So, Innkeeper, did you ever find a room for the Virgin Mary and her donkey? I know Texas is a long way from PA, but there are plenty of rooms available down here! Just remember to wrap her up real good so she doesn't catch cold.

Heard this morning on the news that they've spotted a strange object in the sky. I think it was near Australia or New Zealand at the time. It's kind of long and has a red light on the front of it but the NASA guys can't seem to be able to indentify it. Whatever it is, I sure hope it finds your house tonight!

I'll take some really good strong Egg Nog - thanks! Oh, and I have to apologize for not stopping in yesterday. All day long I thought it was Wednesday yesterday. :rolleyes: One of the downfalls of being on vacation, it really doesn't matter what day it is - oh how I hate it when that happens. ;)

Have a great Christmas everyone! :D

zippy-kat
12-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Debbie - so nice to see you! Glad you are checking in.

The pizza's (finally!) here guys... dig in!
I have a veggie thin crust (no mushrooms though -- can't STAND mushrooms -- they squeak when you chew, it's like they're beggin' for mercy) and a very cheesey thick crust. Take your pick!

dukedogsmom
12-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Merry Christmas all! I know you probably won't be here. I'm by myself today. Mom and dad are up north with my one brother and SIL. I'm going to have a little Christmas with my other brother tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a nice day.

davidpizzica
12-25-2004, 10:44 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS,DDM! I just came home from church this morning and I have a few hours to kill before I go for my Christmas dinner at my brother's house. No snow, but its a COLD 13 degrees in Pittsburgh!

dukedogsmom
12-25-2004, 10:53 AM
You're so lucky to have it cold! It's just barely chilly here. I want some snow!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm here too!
Cold Cold Cold here but warming up.
Good day for lots of hot chocolate and Christmas cookies!
YUM!

I'll share!

Wonder what Santa brought Mario this year? ;)

davidpizzica
12-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Connie, it's sunny but cold here! Got any more cookies left?!

gini
12-25-2004, 01:16 PM
MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I just got off the phone with my brother and his family.
They went to church last evening and then out to dinner for Christmas Eve. My two little nieces (10 and 3) were sooooo excited about Christmas.

My brother said that at 2 AM the ten year old woke up crying, said her tummy hurt. Nothing happened. About a half hour later...........she tossed her cookies.............everywhere.

They were up for over an hour changing sheets, giving showers, getting everything under control.

I remember the excitement of Christmas.........it is wonderful to be a child........

Here is to all of the "children" inside of us..............just keep your cookies to yourself:p

RICHARD
12-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Could those have been Santa's cookies???:eek:

Merry Xmas!!!

Tonya makes a GREAT Mary......The I'll get the broom and get the sheep poop cleaned up..:D

Thanks for the Pizza Zip.....You pay way to much attention to those mushrooms....
:eek:

DONE for everyone and We'll see y'all later.

Corinna
12-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Gini I was one of those kids way to excited. We have a warm 30 degrees (Farinhieght) about 6" of snow . Its beautiful. Going to daughters in about an hour. My family just about fainted this morning I cooked breakfast Waffles!!!
We all went out to Applebees for daughters birthday last night had a balst But i think our server had been making merry eairlier in the day a dat bit goofy. I'm adding out christmas card photo here as it was a word doc and it wouldn't go to the site for all but this is me and hubby at the top of Lake McDonald in Glaicer park.
MERRY [SIZE=4] christmas

thenamelessone
12-25-2004, 07:54 PM
hey, Hey now I'm a house broken sheep... thank you.
Mery X-mas to you all and I hope that you all have a Happy new year.:D :D :D :D :D

and...
Barkeep (lol) my kibbys need 2 more CN teas, and the ratties want a cheese plater too.
thx