PDA

View Full Version : Quite the scare...

Jods
12-22-2004, 09:42 AM
On the way home from walmart today this huge black cat ran right in front of the car... I slammed on the brakes and was sliding down the road in the slush and the cat ran back out the way it came. I thought I hit it if he had kept going straight I would have. I think when he heard the wheels making that screeching noise he decided to turn around. I know people say when you driving and almost hit an animal not to stop cuz the person behind you will hit you, but I just couldn't do it and plus I didn't have to much time to think. I'm still shaking and the people in the houses on the side of the road probably heard me screaming. Thank god I didn't hit the poor thing. Man would I have felt horrible.:(

Laura's Babies
12-22-2004, 09:54 AM
I would have shook for hours afterwards! As much as we love them, hitting one with a car would be the worst thing in the world!....and people STILL let their cats outside? Grrrrrrrr!!

cookieluver7
12-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Oh my that would have scared me too! That cat was really lucky to have you driving and not any body else. The poor baby could have gotten hit. I'm sure if cats could talk it would say thank you.;)

carole
12-22-2004, 02:09 PM
How awful for you, they do say not to swerve to avoid hitting an animal, I remember one sad case here, a woman I used to see walking her dog every day, I later heard she swerved to avoid hitting an animal, sad to say she did not live another day to walk her dog, she was killed instantly.

So be very careful, I am glad you are ok and the cat is too, someone above was looking out for you for sure. HUGS, I would be feeling shakey too if it happened to me.