PDA

View Full Version : Know something about Guinea Pigs???

Buddy2101
11-21-2001, 02:53 PM
Hey guys. I was thinking about asking for a Guinea Pig for x-mas. But I would like to know absolutly everything there is to know about them to make sure I want this animal. I was concedering getting a bunny but my mom said no because when she was little she owned 2 bunny's and they were mean and feels all bunnies are mean :( unfare judgement I know, but thats the way things go. So I was looking at this webiste all about this animal and it went on and on and I was liek wow this sound likes the best pet ever and it turned out to be about Guinea Pigs and so here I am asking you guys for any information you would eb willing to share with me. Thank you Nikki and Fatty.
PS: The Guinea Pig will probly become Fatty's again :rolleyes: but doesn't every pet of mine?

tatsxxx11
11-22-2001, 10:40 AM
I have a piggie, and I think you would have great fun with one! It is important to learn about proper care and feeding though. I have a lot of links to great cavy (guinea pig) websites. This one is excellent, and covers all areas of care. Let me know if it is helpful. Also, check out the topic "Guinea Pig Problem" in Pets Behavior, started by Dababy. We had a long discussion about guinea pig care there not long ago. Good Luck!

http://www.aracnet.com/~seagull/Guineas/

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

carrie
11-22-2001, 05:39 PM
Piggies make great pets....but,

They need company of their own kind - don't get one, get two!

Rabbits can bond with them but it is hit and miss - as many bunnies that get on with a piggie will bully them and make their life hell.

Piggies need sunlight to manufacture vitamin D, just like us so either get a supplemented feed or water or,even better, let them outside.

Buddy2101
11-23-2001, 04:46 PM
Thank you so much that website helped out so much! I was looking at it and I don't think my family would let me get two. :( Will the piggie be ok? I would probly spend about an hour everyday with it just doing odd stuff and then if we decied to go on walk extra time. I went out today and visited a piggie, just to make sure they were what I wanted. And omg it was everything I wanted and more! I wanted to take him home with me right then and there but he wasn't up for sale. I hope they will get me one. I don't know which sex I want. Which sex does better by thenselves? I hope this arrangment works. They are such great animals. Another question. Can you liter train them? The piggie I visited had free range of the room when they were home. Is this good for a piggie to be able to run around the room or is it bad? Thank you everyone for you're help