PDA

View Full Version : Update on Tigger

catlover4ever
12-21-2004, 01:13 PM
As many of you probally remember me posting about Tigger and how she was wheezing and coughing so badly that I really thought I was going to loose her, well here is an update.

She was not getting any better and I really don't like to give her the Predisone...being a steroid and all.

Well last Wednesday night was Smokey's turn to go to the vet for his annual visit of booster shots and check up. I got to see my favorite vet and he asked me how Smokey was and I said that he was starting to act the same as Tigger had been with the coughing, wheezing, and no meowing....which for Smokey is really strange because you would think someone was killing him with the way he cries all the time. The Dr. said he had seen that I brought Tigger in for an ER visit and he had reviewed her ultrasound and blood work so he was aware that I was having some issues.

The Dr. did his exam and you know what it turns out is wrong with Tigger, Smokey, now Abner and Mystic.......

A SORE THROAT!!!!!! Pharyngitis!!!!

A $600.00 vet bill for Tigger and simple Amoxycillin with Azium ($6.00 antibiotic) is all that was wrong!!!!

Visualize me kicking myself in my big ol butt!!!!! :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I love all my babies but I really wish we would have figured out a sore throat before the blood work, ultra sound, ER visit!!!!!

Thanks again for all the prayers and positive thoughts that everyone sent for Tigger.....now let's hope I win the lottery to pay for that bill!!! :eek: :rolleyes: ;) ;)

slick
12-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Ouch on the sore thoats and ouch on the vet bill. Will your vet let you pay it off in monthly installments?
It's true that all of us would do anything to make our babies well again and I know that you are a good Meowmie.
Hugs and more prayers on the way for all 4 furbabies.

sirrahbed
12-21-2004, 01:50 PM
((((Meg)))) Good news for Tigger and bad news for Meowmies pocketbook. If misery loves company - I just paid off over $400 worth of office visits, fecal smears, assorted labwork, antibiotics, etc for my five plus the kitten work-ups:rolleyes:

catlover4ever
12-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
((((Meg)))) Good news for Tigger and bad news for Meowmies pocketbook. If misery loves company - I just paid off over $400 worth of office visits, fecal smears, assorted labwork, antibiotics, etc for my five plus the kitten work-ups:rolleyes:

My mom always said "when it rains it pours" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I guess she was right.

QueenScoopalot
12-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Oh boy Meg! Unfortunately it's a lot of guess work for vets, and being as the cats can't say what's wrong, the vets sometimes have to charge us all sorts of $$$. :rolleyes: Hope things smooth out soon, and the vet allows you to make payments. :( Kisses to all the kitties (a few extras for the monkeys), and hope to see new monkey pictures soon. ;)

catnapper
12-21-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm glad to hear that everything is ok, and its only a sore throat. I sure wish they could talk and tell us what s wrong - that would save us all a whole lot of butt-kicking!

Laura's Babies
12-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Welllllll, ever tried to look down a cats throat? Got to be a hard thing to do unless you have pre-taught them the "open wide" command... but then a cat would only do it IF it felt like it at the moment.....

Poor babies, sore throats and Meowmie's purse! Big OWIEEEE!

Barbara
12-21-2004, 02:36 PM
I am sorry the money had to go but happy it isn't something dangerous!:D

catfamily
12-21-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm glad Tigger and everyone is going to be fine.Sorry you had to find out that you didn't need to spend all that money.Yikkess!!!! But very happy everyone's OK.We learn as we go.I know we spend way to much unnecessarilly.Hope they let you make payments.

rg_girlca
12-21-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm so glad to hear that it isn't anything serious with Tigger.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that everyone's sore throat will be better in no time and big time prayers that meowmie wins the lottery.:D

:eek: That is some vet bill.

catmandu
12-22-2004, 08:55 AM
We are glad,that thier problem,is solved,but yoy are right,you didnt need a Bill,like that at Pet Mas.