PDA

View Full Version : Litterbox problem?

catnapper
12-21-2004, 09:51 AM
I emptied and cleaned the litterboxes yesterday. Today while scooping, I noticed that one of the kittens pooped outside the box. Where the poop was located, they had to litterally jump over or run through the box to get to the corner they pooped in. I suppose its *possible* they were sitting in the box and "overshot" but I find that scenario highly unlikely.

I think its Abby because I saw her yesterday (she had to Christen my fresh litterbox the second I put it down :rolleyes: ) and the the poo is the same consistency as what she did yesterday. I do know that she is highly upset by the appearnace of Shawnie, my SIL's dog. Could she be upset enough about the dog to poop outside of the box? Remember, all boxes were perfectly cleaned yesterday.

jazzcat
12-21-2004, 09:55 AM
I bet you are right about the dog. There are two things in this world that absolutely hate change, cats and my husband.:D

catnapper
12-21-2004, 10:02 AM
There are two things in this world that absolutely hate change, cats and my husband.
LOL.. so does my husband. I installed MSN Explorer (it came with the DSL) and he freaked when he saw how different it looked from the Internet Explorer. :rolleyes:

I hope its just that she was freaked by the appearance of that viscious dog (and boy is she a meanie... she just sat there watching the cats curiously and wondering why weren't they playing with her like her cat at home)

CalliesMom
12-21-2004, 10:47 AM
I bet she is upset about the d-a-w-g being in the house. Mine do that too--leaves me little presents to remind me of something that angered them :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
12-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Isn't it almost funny how they lets their UNhappiness known to us?? I had one that use to go pee on my daughters bed everytime I treated her for fleas.... That was the only time she ever "went" outside the litter box.

catlover4ever
12-21-2004, 11:49 AM
I would go with the d-a-w-g. We all know how much cats don't like change.

catmandu
12-22-2004, 09:00 AM
Thier aim,might be a bit off,you will have to teach them,and point,to the Right Spot.

cruisetime
12-22-2004, 09:06 AM
I noticed that Meka decided to kick 1/2 the litter out of the box all over the shower (luckaly the box is in the spare shower) and she did this when we packed up a bunch of stuff and put it in the kitchen just like we do when we leave for the RV on land for the weekend. BUT this time we took the stuff and left her behind.. Of course we were back in an hour and we just went to pack the other RV for camping but I think she thought we were leaving her and got mad...... I vote for the DOg... Debbie

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh yes, that IS possible!! My Maya always does that when she is very upset about something!!:rolleyes: :eek: