PDA

View Full Version : Very Sad News From Melissa "doolittleky"

catfamily
12-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Melissa just called me and said that her Diabetic cat "Ying" is at the Vet and was in a diabetic coma and now past that but very weak,sitting up and the vet said it doesn't look good for Ying right now.Melissa asked me to post to get some prayers going for Ying.She is so upset I could hardley understand her.I felt so bad.Ying and Yang are her 2 siamese diabetic cats.She has other diabetic cats too.But she feels it's her fault for not getting the blood tested earlier because of stress and bills..mostly vet bills.But Ying needs prayers right now.Please let us all say prayers for Ying.:(

Uniqueviking
12-21-2004, 09:39 AM
I'm so sorry :( Sending my prayers and very best wishes. Please, get better soon, Ying!

ramanth
12-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Many healing vibes sent to Ying. *hugs* for Melissa.

catlover4ever
12-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Please let Melissa know that Ying is in my prayers.

jazzcat
12-21-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Ying. Prayers on the way.

Thanks for letting us know Carla.

QueenScoopalot
12-21-2004, 10:12 AM
More prayers winging their way to Ming & Melissa.

kimlovescats
12-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Prayers coming for Ying and Melissa.:(

slick
12-21-2004, 10:13 AM
More prayers coming from Canada.

CalliesMom
12-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Prayers for both Melissa and Ying!

Laura's Babies
12-21-2004, 10:44 AM
prayers for both are on their way... please keep us posted.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-21-2004, 10:45 AM
More prayers for Ying and Melissa, all the way from Belgium!!

Logan
12-21-2004, 10:48 AM
I cross-posted this message at Melissa's other sites where I am also a member, Carla. Thank you for letting us know. :( Ying and Melissa will be in my prayers.

Logan

catfamily
12-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Update-Melissa talked with the Vet and Ying needs constant fluids or the blood sugar goes crazy.Their may be brain or organ damage but won't know until they do more blood work.They are keeping Ying overnight to give constant fluids so Ying won't end up in a coma again then they'll see if there has been damage to any organs with some bloodwork.:(

RedHedd
12-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Prayers going out to Mellissa and Ying from Georgia and the M's in San Francisco

Logan
12-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the update, Carla. Will pass on the word to the others. Prayers continue.

Logan

Jods
12-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Oh no prayers on the way.:(

Cataholic
12-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Prayers from here coming to both Ying and Melissa.:(

Karen
12-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Prayers for Ying on the way.

Cinder & Smoke
12-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi God ~

Kan You look in on lil Ying inna Hoppsbittle?
Maybee show da White Coats which page inna BigBook to read?

An a big {{{GodsHug}}} fur Moewmee Melissa wuld Help, too.

An paLeeze wish Jesus a Happie Birfday frum Allua us!

Thanks, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Laura's Babies
12-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Awwww! Come on Ying, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!! We want you to get BETTER!!! PLLLLLEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE!

catfamily
12-21-2004, 06:34 PM
More update-I just talked with Melissa and her Vet says Ying is doing better but cannot say for sure how Ying will be.They are checking Yings Blood Glucose tomorrow plus check for UTI because he was having a hard time in the litterbox.But he doesn't think there is any organ damage or brain damage.Will know more tomorrow.Plus Ying ate some baby food on his own.Must of been all the prayers.:)

kimlovescats
12-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the update, Carla. Hang in there Yang!;)

rg_girlca
12-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that precious Ying continues to get better.

(((((HUGS))))) for you Melissa.

rosethecopycat
12-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Prayers for Ying and songs from his fellow Meezers tonight.

shais_mom
12-22-2004, 12:14 AM
poor things
prayers on the way

DJFyrewolf36
12-22-2004, 02:35 AM
Prayers for Ying from me and the furkids

Get better Ying kitty!

catmandu
12-22-2004, 08:45 AM
The Pwet angel,are pryaing for Ying,and Pray,that he is well soon,and that he,will soon,be home.

Logan
12-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Is there any update?

smokey the elder
12-23-2004, 10:25 AM
I hope Ying is feeling better.

catfamily
12-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi Everyone.I called Melissa and Ying is so much better,thanks for all the prayers.Ying and Melissa both want me to thank you all for the prayers you sent.Ying is still at the vet but will most likely be home tomorrow.He'd be home now but the weather is horrible where she is and it's 20 miles away.
I think PT prayers are the greatest.:D
Yang missess his brother so very much.They are ALWAYS together.They are both around 8 years old.

slick
12-23-2004, 12:15 PM
That's great news Carla. Yes, Pet Talk Prayers do work miracles....I've seen it happen here countless times. :)

QueenScoopalot
12-23-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm so happy Carla! I agree...there's something to be said about Pet talk prayers!;) ;) They pulled Birdie through from death's door after all. :D I'm so glad Ying is coming home for Christmas. :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I missed this thread earlier but I'm so glad to hear that Ying is doing much better.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent Melissa's way. Please get better Ying.

Logan
12-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Thank you, Carla. :)

davidpizzica
12-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Prayers coming to Meissa and Ying from david p, Nikki & Daisy from Pittsburgh.

catmandu
12-24-2004, 08:16 AM
The Fi\ound Cats,are glad,that Ying,is better,and Melissa,mustbr releived,that her Companion,is looking better.

doolittleky
12-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks everyone for all your prayers. They really mean alot to me. Ying is till at the vet's. I did'nt get to bring him home. Christmas day his left eye swelled up. The vet put him on antibiotics and eye meds. The day after christmas I finally got my car out of the snow and got to go visit him. I took Yang to be checked because i was worried about his blood sugar and he had been throwing up alot. Luckily his BG was a little bit high but not bad and the throwing up was due to his allergies which is what I thought but wanted to be sure. he got an allergy shot and we got to visit with Ying. His eye looks so bad! They are thinking it might be from an abcessed tooth but not sure. They are waiting to see if the antibiotics help it before having to put him under to go in and check it. This has been such a stressful Christmas, more than usual. I was so scared when I saw Ying in his coma. If Gracie hadn't of woke me up that morning to go out Ying would probably be dead. So Gracie saved his life. Yang and Ying were so cute at the vet when we got to see Ying. They layed right next to each other Ying cleaned Yang just like he always does. they really miss each other alot.

I have some pics to show but haven't got them on the computer oof the camera yet.
Doo=^..^=

PS thanks to carla and Logan for relaying the messgaes to everyone and the updates.

NoahsMommy
12-27-2004, 05:24 PM
I just saw this thread now. :(

I'll keep Ying in my thoughts and prayers.

doolittleky
12-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the prayers. Ying is still at the vet. he didn't get to come home because Christmas day his left eye swelled up. The vet started him on antibiotics and eye meds. The vet said it was probably good that I wasn't able to get out and pick him up because of what happened to his eye. He thinks it might be from a abcessed tooth and is waiting to see how the anitbiotics do. he hopes they will help so they don't have to put Ying under to go probing. I had to take Yang to the vet yesterday( the fisrt day I could get out of my parking space because of all the snow and ice) Yang had been throwing up alot and I was worried his BG might be off so I took him, but luckily his BG was only a little high and his throwing up was from his allergies so he got a shot. You should have seen Ying and Yang at the vet. They have missed each other. They laid right down next to each other and Ying immediately started grooming Yang.
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBtmjVy0buEA

I hope this link works. I just added them to this new account.

I was so scared when I found Ying in the condition he was in. If it hadn't been for Gracie waking me up early in the morning to to outside Ying probably would have been dead when I got up. So Gracie saved Ying's life. I don't even think the vet thought he would make it. I was such a mess for a few days. I couldn't think straight or anything. So this Christmas was very stressful for me more than usual. I just thank God Ying made it and that the snow storm didn't happen any sooner. I will let you know when I bring Ying home
Doo=^..^=

PS Thanks so much logan for relaying my messages!

leslie
12-27-2004, 10:32 PM
They are adorable! thinking of Ying tonight and holding them close to my dreams.. Wondering who is your vet?

kimlovescats
12-27-2004, 10:35 PM
Doo, they are both so beautiful! I hope they get feeling better and are able to come home soon!;)

Kim