PDA

View Full Version : Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Buddy!!!!!

pitc9
12-21-2004, 08:12 AM
2 years ago today, I found my guardian angel.
I had heard about a1 year old male German Shepherd at a kill shelter near me. He had already been there for a few weeks, and I knew it wasn’t going to be long before they put him to sleep. I rushed to the shelter the next day and waited at the doors until they opened. I was the first one in, and quickly asked about a dog named Barry. The people at the shelter looked at me funny, and said “Are you sure it’s Barry you’re wanting to see?” I said Of course!! Is he still here? They told me he was, and it would just be a few minuets before they could get him out for me to meet him. They told me was so deathly afraid of everything, they couldn’t put him in the cages with the other dogs, he was kept in a small office by himself. The reason I had to wait, was because there was only one person at the shelter that Barry would let handle him, and he was busy at the moment. So I waited… already with tears in my eyes… because I had already known about his horrible start to life. He had been dumped in the woods, and was living in an abandoned barn in the woods. It took the shelter workers a few weeks to catch him. He would destroy any trap they would set for him. Finally they caught him & brought him into the shelter, but he was so fearful of everyone, they could do nothing with him except give him food, and a warm dry place to sleep. Then Doug at the shelter spent hours with him, and Barry finally grew to trust him. Doug was the only person that could get a tail wag out of him, and was the only person that could put a leash on him. Until 2 years ago today…
I sat quietly in an office waiting to see him, then….. I saw him, and saw the fear in his eyes, and I knew I had to help him. I knew no one (in their right mind) would take this young dog that had suffered so many traumas, and gone through so much. I sat in the office for 30 minuets before he would even sniff my hand, then I asked him the golden question. “Do you want to go outside?” I bawled like a baby because I got the cutest head cock out of him, and I even though I saw a smile on his face. He looked scared as Doug handed me his leash, he didn’t move, so I told him it was okay, so we waited a few minuets. Then I asked him again if he wanted to go outside, and we did. One look at the snow, and I got a tail wag from him that I’ll never forget. From that moment on… we have been soul mates.

Buddy, my love, my life…. You’ve changed my life forever, you still have your share of troubles… but please, never forget that I’ll never leave you or give up on you. Because I know you would never give up on me!
I love you with all of my heart and my soul.

Happy 2nd Gotcha day Buddy!

anna_66
12-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Hey Boy, I know you have yourself a great mommy there and I'm so glad that she's taken all the time and love for you, because you are sure worth it!

I hope that you have a great day and are spoiled rotten (which I'm sure you already are;))!!

primabella
12-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Geez you almost had me crying.. :o

Happy Gotcha Day Buddy! :D Here's to many many more with your loving family!

Angie, I'm SO glad you were there for Buddy.. :)

KYS
12-21-2004, 08:56 AM
A very happy gotcha day BUDDY! :D

cloverfdx
12-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Happy Gotcha day Buddy boy :D, what a wonderful day that must have been when your Mama came to meet you.

You got the tears going with your homecoming story Angie :o.

Jadapit
12-21-2004, 09:29 AM
That was a very moving story. I'm so glad that you were there for Buddy and that he got such a wonderful home! ~HAPPY GOTCHA DAY BUDDY~:D

lute
12-21-2004, 09:54 AM
that's a lovely story.:) HAPPY GOTCHA DAY BUDDY!!!:D

jazzcat
12-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Buddy!!:)

vinjashira
12-21-2004, 10:04 AM
happy gotcha day buddy! :)

chrissycat21
12-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Buddy!

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Buddy, you are so lucky to have found such a wonderful home!! Have a great day celebrating with your mom and Sierra!:D;)

Kfamr
12-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Happy gotcha day to one of my favorite PT boys! :)

Miranda_Rae
12-21-2004, 12:22 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY BUDDY!!

I hope you have many, many more Gotcha Days, Buddy. You are one special dog, and your mommy is one special lady to have rescued you and to have you. :) That was a very touching tribute to your Buddy boy. *smoochies to you Buddy*

chocolatepuppy
12-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Buddy! Hope you have a great day! The story about you living in the woods had me tearing up. :( Thank goodness you have a great life now! :)

CamCamPup33
12-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Buddy! :D

tatsxxx11
12-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Happy Gotcha Day precious Buddy:):):) You've got one very special Mommy there, and you guys are true soulmates for life! Your Mommy opened up her heart and saw what other couldn't, or wouldn't see, that you are one very special, very deserving doggie who deserves to be loved, adored and cherished!:) I'm so glad you found each other and I hope for you both a lifetime of happy Gotcha Days:) Love and hugs to you precious Buddy! Sandra, Cody and Star:)

Luna
12-21-2004, 05:55 PM
:) cool story:) We got "Luna" under similar circumstances. She was so scared her first night with us, that she was falling asleep while standing. She wouldn't approach us until about three days later. :D Now she trusts us 100%:D

:) Happy Gotcha Day Buddy!!!:)

binka_nugget
12-21-2004, 06:16 PM
What a beautiful story!

Happy gotcha day Buddy!

pitc9
12-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Thank you all!!
Sorry to make some of you cry, it's just that this boy has all of my heart, and I want to share it with you all!

Sierra, Buddy and I sat on the bed watching TV last night, I was hugging him and just couldn't stop crying. :o Sierra was there to kiss my tears away!!