PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-20-2004, 08:45 PM
I have to work tomorrow, and my band concert is tomorrow. I've been calling all over the place trying to find someone to work for me, and no one can. Looks like I'm missing work tomorrow, and I don't have an excuse. I should have tried to find someone to work for me sooner, and because of it I am really risking getting fired. It's either don't show up for work, or miss my band concert, miss the 5-7 solos that I have and never live it down. What the hell am I supposed to do? My friend James brought up a good point... I've been with the band for almost 5 years... I have a job with them too, and I can't let them down. My job is my first job, and I really don't want to lose it, but I can't help but feel the need to chose band over my job. My parents will never let me live it down if I do by chance lose my job, but with all the stress I'm under about this concert now, it wouldn't make sense to totally blow it off and be under even MORE stress for missing it.

What should I do? My parents are kinda disappointed in me that I didn't try to find a replacement sooner... so am I. I just hate myself right now... I don't know what to DO anymore.

Kfamr
12-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Have you personally talked to you boss about it? I would if I were you.

GiantSchnauzer
12-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Well, they can't fire you for one day of missed work...unless there is a history. Just decide which is more important.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-20-2004, 09:16 PM
I've called EVERYONE on the list she gave me, and none of them could anyway. I am going to call her tomorrow when I have some time off and explain to her what's going on. It's a concert I can't miss, and I have tried everyone possible on the list. What happens, happens I guess. I wish I would have been a little more responsible about it, but no one can work anyway. Oh well. :(