PDA

View Full Version : When You Gotta Go......

Craftlady
12-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Today I was cleaning the humans bathroom. Everything was out in the hallway (rugs, waste can and kids one litter box) like it usually is when mom's cleaning the bathroom.

Skinny proved that the when you "have to go potty" it doesnt matter where the litter box is located. I hear the "digging a hole to china" routine and sure enough Skinny was using the litter box that was out in the hallway.

So dont fuss or fret about location of litter boxes, if our furry kids "have to go" they will go anywhere it's located.
:D

christa
12-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Josie does that . . . if we move the litter box for 5 minutes for some reason, she'll use it. :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
12-20-2004, 05:02 PM
Mine too.. The know the sound of it being pushed across the floor and come running.

kimlovescats
12-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Oh every time we attempt to scoop, they all have the sudden and desperate urge to go potty!:eek: :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
12-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady

... when you "have to go potty" it doesnt matter
where the litter box is located.
... if our furry kids "have to go" they
will go anywhere it's located.

Yeah - :rolleyes: - Soooo true. :p

I do my best to "schedule" the Sandy Box Cleaning
at a time that's "convenient" to da KAT!

I've mentioned before that it's usually Boots, da Kat, that notices
some remedial action is required and Leaves a Note
to that effect - a lil :eek: PEE PUDDLE :mad: tween the Sandy Box
and the Hoomin Poddy - RIGHT where I'll be sure to *step in it*! :mad:

Message Received; I try to pick a time just after he visits da Box -
foolishly thinking I'll have a few minutes to:
Dump da box;
Wash da box;
Fill da box;
and Return da box to it's customary place in da Baffroom...

Yeah... *sillie* me!
Last week I passed him exiting the baffroom - AFTER he'd left
a #1 and dug half way to China and dropped a #2.
"EXCELLENT Tyming" thunk I. I grabbed da Box and began...
<Dump>
<Wash>
<Dry>
<Fill> ...
I had Skoop #5 of 6 measured out of the Sand Bag
(NOTE: Elapsed Tyme so far = 5 minnits - TOPS!)
and was about to
<dump> #6 into da Box when WHO should *appear* but ~
~ Da DANG KAT!

He marched his big Butt all the way down into the basement,
<ducked> under da Skoop and Climbed Rite INTO da BOX,
re-arranged da sand,
then settled in to *TINKLE* a drop or two!

Gud GRIEF! Couldn't *wait* another minute, huh!?

He <scampered> back upstairs and was waiting to supervise the
placing of da Box in it's proper location.

Then he <sniffed> da (almost) Clean Box and I swear I heard
him <mutter> "Not such a gud job, Dad ~ *Smellz* like Kat Pee!"

Dang Ingrate!

/s/ Phred

sirrahbed
12-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Oh every time we attempt to scoop, they all have the sudden and desperate urge to go potty!:eek: :rolleyes:

Can be helpful when the vet wants a *sample*;)

NoahsMommy
12-20-2004, 05:25 PM
For some reason, in our house, whenever I move the boxes for vacuming, they are MUCH more usable to my cats.

When I scoop, I always add a few cups of fresh litter, so I leave the covers off while the dust settles. My cats LOVE it! Half of them all go "use the facilities" in the NEW convertable boxes. ;) :rolleyes:

slick
12-20-2004, 05:54 PM
:D :D This thread has me ROFLMAO!! I only have two boxes and they are in the same room so when I vacuum I only have to move them to the other side of the room.

One thing though...when I come home from work, I put all my things down and change into grub clothes. My next stop is the LB's where I find Speckles just sitting in front of hers...waiting for me to scoop before she'll use it.....this happens every night. LOL

"Ewwwwwww Meowmie.....that's Max's pee in there!" :eek: :D

catcrazylady
12-20-2004, 08:39 PM
This thread is cracking me up! Little brats aren't they? Mine wait in line while I scoop. No kidding! There are at least three or four waiting for the fresh clean one. And, they seem to manage to go in each one of them as I clean them. I think they each want to be first to scent them.:rolleyes: :p

Jods
12-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Pixie does this too. As soon as I clean the box she HAS to use it. Lately Mr. Fifa has been coming up from downstairs as soon as he hears me cleaning it as well :rolleyes:... JEEZ use your own stink box!!!:p

CalliesMom
12-20-2004, 08:52 PM
I only have two litter boxes (I know I need more but my house is small and everywhere but the kitchen/laundry room is carpeted). When I'm done scooping out one, Whisper will come in and have to pee for an hour..no joke I've never seen a kitty pee that long. Then of course, I have to go back and clean the 1st one..LOL

catmandu
12-21-2004, 09:02 AM
There are7 Litter Boxes,at the Found Cat Hotel,and the odd thing,is that they usethe Boxes,that they are used to,andhardly evertouch,the New Boxes,unless the Old Ones,are being used,or Nugget,leaves his,on the top,and smelly.

catnapper
12-21-2004, 09:14 AM
LOL... My boys had to figure that one out too! When I was painting the bathroom last month, the litterbox resided in the hall for a few days. They had no problem with it in the least.

As for litter boxes on carpet, I personally prefer it. I just move the box and vacuum around it on my route to vaccuuming everything else. I honeslty don't vaccuum every day (who has time?) but its never terribly bad or anything. I have even found out my KIDS like to vaccum it up because it makes a cool sound when the litter is hitting the canister - whatever it takes to get them to vaccuum! :D On the bathroom floor, I have to get otu the dustbuster, and if it landed on the bathmat, then I have to lift and shake the mat for the dustbuster to pick up the grains of litter before they got wet and stuck to the mats. UGH... what a mess!

cruisetime
12-21-2004, 09:16 AM
We were laughing the other day because right after I start cleaning the litter box here comes Meka right in the middle to "supervise" that I get it really clean and sometimes she will just get in the box right in the middle of me scooping and go so as to say "while your at it take this too!" :) She likes a clean box! I worry that we are going on a 5 night trip in January and that I will have to get five litter boxes so she can have a clean one each day!!!! :) :) Debbie

catfamily
12-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Cats are so very smart:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-21-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats

Oh my, my cats too! You should see my silly girls when I bring a freshly refilled litter-box into the house!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :D