PDA

View Full Version : Poor Disney :(

jazzcat
12-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Disney had her dental surgery and cleaning this morning from her accident last week. She lost her big canine tooth on the left side and another small tooth that was too loose to save. Thank goodness they didn't break her jaw when they pulled the big tooth. They had warned me it was a possibility.

I called to check on her at 4 pm and they said I could come get her but when I got there they said the vet wanted to talk to me. He is keeping her overnight because her temp has dropped and she's too groggy from the anesthesia. He let me see her and all she can do is shake.

On top of all that she's dropped from 10.10 pounds to 9.14 pounds since Aug. The vet said her bloodwork was okay but he wants me to bring her in every 2 weeks to be weigh so he can monitor her weight in case something else is going on.:(

My poor baby.

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Poor Disney:( I hope she'll be okay...

chocolatepuppy
12-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Poor Disney :( Hopefully she'll be back to normal in no time!

ChrisH
12-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Poor Disney. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for your little girl. Hope she recovers enough to go home very soon.

Chris

tatsxxx11
12-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Poor baby:(:(:( I'm glad the vet is cautious and chose to keep her overnight. That shaking is scary to see, but common post anesthesia. Still, it must be tough on her little body. I do hope she can come home to you tomorrow. I know that's where she wants to be. The good news is her blood work was ok. Has Disney been eating well? Maybe as she's grown older her appetite isn't what it used to be:( Lots of get well wishes to you dear little Disney. We'll be saying a prayer for you tonight, sweetheart.

RobiLee
12-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Hugs and prayers for sweet Disney. Some hugs for you also, Jazzcat. I'll be thinking about you and Disney. Keep us posted.

Robin

Amber
12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
oh no.

I'll be thinking of sweet Disney, and hoping it's nothing to serious. Please keep us updated.

(hugs!)

sabies
12-20-2004, 05:48 PM
Lots of good thoughts heading your way Disney!

Jadapit
12-20-2004, 05:50 PM
You feel better soon Disney! You and your mom will be in my thoughts.

captain
12-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Oh poor baby ............

{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you .........

CamCamPup33
12-20-2004, 07:41 PM
We'll be thinking of Disney. :(

{{Hugs}} That must have been so hard to see her like that... :(

Get well soon, Disney.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Oh, poor baby. :(

{{Hugs}} to both of you!

Get well soon, Disney!

petslover
12-20-2004, 09:04 PM
poor Disney! I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Logan
12-20-2004, 09:54 PM
I am learning far more about "old age" in dogs than I ever wanted to. :( Disney and Murphy, as different as they are in size, have many similar issues. Murphy has lost weight, too, and our vet explained to me "why" she loses weight, but still eats, and I swear, I have totally forgotten what he told me now. He let us know that this is normal for older dogs. Murphy, who is a 14 1/2 year old Labrador Retriever, lost 15 pounds in one year. It really startled me, but he was not alarmed.

Just enjoy every day. I hope your Disney will feel like coming home tomorrow. I know there will be lots of love waiting.

Logan

jazzcat
12-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Thank you everyone. Knowing your thoughts and prayers are with us helps so much.

Logan - it does seem like Diz and Murphy are a lot alike. Disney eats, some days less than others but she is eating and she almost always still begs for her milk bone every night. One thing I've noticed about the weight loss is how sharp she feels. It's almost painful to pick her up because her bones are so sharp. She doen't look very underweight but she just feels sharp as if she has lost a lot of muscle covering her bones.

It's so hard to see them get old.

I hope she's resting well tonight.

shais_mom
12-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Poor Disney!
I hope she feels better asap!
Positive PT prayers and thoughts headed you're way!

jenfer
12-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Poor Disney,
Wishing you speedy recovery.

aly
12-21-2004, 01:38 AM
Oh no :( My prayers are with Disney tonight. I hope she will be ready to go home in the morning. Poor sweet thing. Please update us when you can!

anna_66
12-21-2004, 08:50 AM
So how is Disney doing today? Please update when you can.
Hugs and kisses to your sweet girl.

pitc9
12-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Prayers and hugs to you and Diz!!!

jazzcat
12-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Disney is better today and can come home after lunch. I have to go visit a relative in the hospital and then I will go get my little girl.