PDA

View Full Version : Emma Is Going To Get Spayed...

DogLover9501
12-20-2004, 02:08 PM
In my other thread about how frustrated I was, I mentioned that we would not be able to get Emma spayed until after Christmas.

My grandparents have decided to lend me some of the money as a part of my Christmas gift :)

Emma will be getting spayed on Wednesday morning(Dec.22nd).

I guess this is pointless, but please think of Emma on Wednesday!

catlover4ever
12-20-2004, 02:20 PM
It's not pointless. I will definately be thinking of Emma on Wednesday.

DogLover9501
12-20-2004, 02:26 PM

I am a bit scared since she's in heat, they said that it's harder on the cat when they are in heat, so I hope everything goes okay :(

Laura's Babies
12-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Good Luck Emma! She will be fine but that will do you no good for me to say... WE WORRY anyway! Just remember, most of us understand if you worry.. I was a basket case when Amy went in for hers......

NoahsMommy
12-20-2004, 05:26 PM
That's nice of them! :)

We'll be thinking of you, Emma.

CalliesMom
12-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Lil Emma will be just fine. Give her plenty of kisses for us and be glad you can finally get some sleep :D Girl kitties in heat are LOUD

sirrahbed
12-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Pointless? No way!:eek: Meowmies worry, even though we don't need to, when our babies have these things done. It must be a requirement or something:rolleyes:

Ebony is Misha's kitty and she was spayed last week while she was in heat also. It makes it more involved for the vet - but Emma will feel SOOO much better and you will sleep again:D

I will be thinking of Emma (and YOU) on Wednesday. How about posting updates for us, OK? Does she have to spend a night or two??

DogLover9501
12-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone.

I'm already worrying!!

Originally posted by sirrahbed
I will be thinking of Emma (and YOU) on Wednesday. How about posting updates for us, OK? Does she have to spend a night or two??

I think we pick her up around 4-5pm on Wednesday afternoon, the only time I've ever heard of animals staying over night after a spay/neuter was here on PT! Usually around here it's awlays the same day.

Jods
12-20-2004, 08:11 PM
They kept Pixie over night. Here they monitor the animals that have gone under for the night then you can get them back.

I will be thinking of her on Wed

rg_girlca
12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
As others have said, "It is NOT pointless."

My gosh, we all come on here to let everyone know when one of our little ones are going in to be fixed.
After all, we are the ones that totally understand how we worry.

One question. Shouldn't she be finished her heat by then?

Anyway, Emma, we will be thinking about you on the 22nd and praying all goes well with your surgery, which i'm sure it will.

(((((HUGS))))) to you Robyn for support. :)

catcrazylady
12-20-2004, 09:16 PM
We know you will be very worried about Emma and we will be right there with you! It worries all of us when we have to do this. I can't think of a single PT'er who doesn't turn into a basket case on that dreaded day.;) :D
She will be fine but that doesn't stop the worry.

catfamily
12-21-2004, 06:00 AM
Emma is in my prayers to her.I didn't know about it being harder on them when in heat.If it was real hard on them they would of waited until she wasn't in heat.(I would think).I hope she gets lots of needed rest after her surgery.Keep us posted,we'll be thinking of her.Prayers on the way.

catmandu
12-21-2004, 08:42 AM
That was s nice,of your parents,and Emma,and you,will feel a whole lot better,after this has been done,and no more YOWLING.

DogLover9501
12-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks everyone!

I guess I forgot where I was for a second :eek: I should have known that all of you would understand my worrying ;)

I found a bit of a solution, last night around 11pm, I moved her litter box, food, water & bed into the bathroom, and I slept right until 11am :eek:

Also the surgery isn't harder on her afterwards, it just takes longer, I think that's the only difference, I could be wrong though.

Originally posted by rg_girlca
One question. Shouldn't she be finished her heat by then?

The woman I talked to on the phone from the vet had asked how long she has been in heat, I told her about 5 days or so, and she said cats are usually in heat for a few weeks :eek: