PDA

View Full Version : Happy could be anything lol

cali
12-20-2004, 12:52 PM
lol I am not kidding, I just wish her breeder was proud of the most versitile dog she has ever bred instead of dispising her :rolleyes: today perky lost one of her booties outside, my mom just asked me if we showed Happy one of the other boots, would Happy go find the lost one? I said maybe, I dont know, so my mom handed me one of the other booties, I showed it to Happy, then sent her outside and told her to find it, after only a few seconds of searching our large yard, she brought it to me. :D not the first time she has done that either, last time I just described to her what I had dropped and asked her to find it, only that was over the entire block, she found that too! that girl has strong herding instict(dont know if she could actually herd though lol) she points and retrieves like a hunting dog, she finds people if just given the scent, she can to the drug detection sometimes better then the trained ones I have seen lol, I just saw it on TV once. so I tried it with Happy, she found the ones that were considered "difficult" like high up in a video case(obviously not actual drugs lol but I can give her the scent of anything and she will point out where it is) she could be a therapy dog if she did not get vaccinois, once when I kid hurt herself, Happy supported the girl all the way home. Happy can lead me around my house with my eyes closed, she already exels in the like every sport out there, dog and human lol I always knew Happy could do a lot of things, but my mom said today "Happy can do anything" lol and now that I think about it...:p and ya know what? I think it has to do enturly with the things did with her as a puppy, I trained her to use her nose by blindfolding her, and having her find stuff with only her nose, when I was little I played games like "help I am falling off a cliff" well just the stairs lol and Happy would support me and help me up, to this day if my leg is injured Happy supports me up the stairs. I also played hide and seek with her, hence why she can find people so well. any ideas as to how you would get a dog involved in things like SAR around here? or in the vancouver area? I would love to put some of her abilitys to use, as of now she can do like everything but all her abilitys are kind of wasted just being a house pet lol

kimlovescats
12-20-2004, 01:18 PM
What a smart girl!;)