PDA

View Full Version : Do you have your Christmas Shopping Done?

NoahsMommy
12-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Is everyone done yet?

I have a few more gifts to buy...nothing like those last minute trips to the mall. :eek: :eek: This is the only time of year I don't like being at the mall! ;)

Samantha Puppy
12-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Thought I had, but my mom reminded me of one more. D'oh! I'll stop on my way home from work and THEN we'll be done!

bluekat
12-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Not done yet...hardly started:o LOL I might be going to buy my dad's sometime this week..and my mom and my sister's will be on boxing day. Theirs could be later since they're on vacation now, so won't be home until some time after Christmas:p

mina'smomma
12-20-2004, 02:17 PM
I've been done since October. It's the wrapping that kills me.

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-20-2004, 02:21 PM
I just have to get one more thing tomorrow morning and then I'm done:D Last night I was wrapping things for 2 hours almost and I'm still not finished that.

slleipnir
12-20-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm done :D

ramanth
12-20-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm all done, but I keep seeing things that I want to get. :D *laughs*

So if I buy them that's cool, but if not, it's no biggie. :)

DogLover9501
12-20-2004, 03:36 PM
I finished today :D

RedHedd
12-20-2004, 03:48 PM
I finished on Saturday and started wrapping last night. Mishi wants to help with the wrapping! :rolleyes:

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-20-2004, 03:59 PM
I finished two days ago!;)

sirrahbed
12-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by mina'smomma
I've been done since October. It's the wrapping that kills me.

October?:eek: I finished about a week ago - the majority I did online anyway - but I agree with Mina's Momma - the wrapping takes me forever!! I haven't wrapped anything except the packages that needed to be mailed in advance:rolleyes:

lynnestankard
12-20-2004, 05:14 PM
All presents bought, everything wrapped, freezer stocked, house cleaned throughout!! Reason? Diane and Jason arrive tomorrow afternoon - and I'm so excited!!!!:D :D :D

Lynne

NoahsMommy
12-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
All presents bought, everything wrapped, freezer stocked, house cleaned throughout!! Reason? Diane and Jason arrive tomorrow afternoon - and I'm so excited!!!!:D :D :D

Oh Lynne, how wonderful for you!! I bet you are so excited! I hope you all have a very happy Christmas together! How long are they staying??

Amber
12-20-2004, 05:24 PM
almost. I havent went shopping for my dad yet. I have everyone else done, but gotta get shopping for my dad! :)

lynnestankard
12-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Oh Lynne, how wonderful for you!! I bet you are so excited! I hope you all have a very happy Christmas together! How long are they staying??

Just for the week, they return home on 28th December - but it's going to be soooo nice to have them here!!!

Lynne

lizbud
12-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Just for the week, they return home on 28th December - but it's going to be soooo nice to have them here!!!

Lynne

Oh, good for you :) My two children will also be home for
Christmas. I love it when we can all be in the same state at
the same time.:D I get to hug them both in a big group hug.:D

As for shopping, I'm almost finished. I have just a few things
yet to find. Should finish tomorrow. I love to wrap presents
while playing Christmas music, usually the night before.:)

slick
12-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Went "mall hopping"on Saturday and I'm finally finished.

Shelteez2
12-20-2004, 07:33 PM
I haven't even begun yet.
I only have 2 presents to get (my mom and dad) and I know what I'm getting so it'll just be in and out for those.
I also got my brother's name in the "sibling" secret santa, but I'm paying for a tatoo for him so I'll just pay for it when he goes to get it. :)

CountryWolf07
12-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Yup! All of my shopping is D-O-N-E.

BCBlondie
12-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Haven't even started yet! :o Although I bought something for my mom today...:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-21-2004, 01:24 AM
Almost finished! Just have to pick up a book at the bookstore, which I ordered for my hubby. I also need some more goodies for the Christmas dinner :p :p , and a toy for the cats :)

vinjashira
11-15-2005, 06:36 PM
just wondering if anybody has started their shopping for this christmas :D

anna_66
11-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Yep, I sure have! I'm actually close to being done:D
I love doing christmas shopping early!

buckner
11-15-2005, 06:43 PM
I have started, surprisingly. I usually start shopping AFTER Thanksgiving, but I have to send off a few gifts in the mail this year and I don't want to have a big expense all at once. I'm gradually saving for postage on those, along with the goodies inside. But I'm totally not finished, no where near being done.

[[ Oh, and this thread is a year old. I think we could start a new one. ;) ]]

AllAmericanPUP
11-15-2005, 06:59 PM
no job, no money :(

petslover
11-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes I am already finished shopping! I am glad of that. I love getting everything out of the way so that I can actually enjoy the holidays!

Flatcoatluver
11-15-2005, 07:11 PM
not done but close!!!..................... like 20 more presents to go lol.

CalliesMom
11-15-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm done, though hubby still needs to buy for his step-dad. NOt sure what he is going to get..but we'll figure it out.

Uabassoon
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
I've started but I haven't done too much. Hopefully I'll get it done soon.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-16-2005, 03:31 AM
Nope - havent even started.

We have agreed with the family that this year presents will be KIDS ONLY - everyone is a bit cash-strapped.

The girls want iPod minis, and Cam already has his present (he got a Quad bike). So I only need to shop for my Niece, nephew-in-law (LOL), and buy something for " baby girl" ;)

Of course my ONLY Christmas wish this year is that by some miracle we actually get to spend it with the family in South Africa - we have our tickets booked, but hubby's leave hasn't been approved and it's not looking good. I don't know how I am going to handle it if we don't get there!!!

Craftlady
11-16-2005, 04:31 AM
When I got married 7 years ago and moved out of state my shopping list decreased 99%.

dogzr#1
11-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Nope, haven't even started yet :o but our family usually gives money out so there is hardly any presents involved.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-16-2005, 07:40 AM
I love Christmas shopping! I know what I'm getting the majority of people that I buy for, but I haven't yet got the actual shopping part of it hardly dented. I've been shopping on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com) a lot this year. I haven't wrapped anything yet, but I absolutely love wrapping christmas gifts! There is nothing I don't love about the holidays. Well, there is one thing that I don't like about the holidays in Florida and that's the lack of cold and snow.

JenBKR
11-16-2005, 08:36 AM
:eek: :eek: You mean it's almost Christmas?!!??? Guess I'd better start shopping ;)

ramanth
11-16-2005, 08:46 AM
You forgot an option. ;) I'm not Holiday shopping this year.

Money is tight so I've asked my family to not get me anything as I don't plan to buy anything.

I'll probably pick up a trinket or two, but I'm not going all out like years past. I have overdue bills and a wedding to plan. yeeks!

Barbara
11-16-2005, 10:22 AM
My answer is no, no and no!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Please don't tell me it's Chrismas again! Totally unexpected and MUCH too early. I am one of these people who run through the downtown traffic chaos one week before Christmas :D :D :D

BitsyNaceyDog
11-16-2005, 10:48 AM
My answer is no, no and no!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Please don't tell me it's Chrismas again! Totally unexpected and MUCH too early. I am one of these people who run through the downtown traffic chaos one week before Christmas :D :D :D

Yea, I agree it's a bit too early fot that question, but this is a thread that has resurfaced from last year.

caseysmom
11-16-2005, 11:09 AM
I started reading the first posts not realizing this was a year old and saw how everyone was almost done and I was thinking everyone was really organized :D

JenBKR
11-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Yea, I agree it's a bit too early fot that question, but this is a thread that has resurfaced from last year.

Ah, I see...LOL I didn't notice that before, I just thought that you guys were early shoppers (or that I procrastinate ;) ).

Samantha Puppy
11-16-2005, 11:41 AM
No... I don't know how much we're going to be able to do this year. All our extra money (which wasn't much to begin with) is going to the baby. :(

Barbara
11-16-2005, 11:42 AM
*note to self* just relax :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
I use to really get into the shopping and use to have all my gifts bought or done by Febuary but now we are all so scattered that I just send checks and save the shopping, packing and shipping costs.

I DID go buy the yarn and have started a afghan I am doing for someone for Christmas that saw the one I made for myself and tried to talk me out of it.

Randi
11-16-2005, 01:06 PM
I started reading the first posts not realizing this was a year old and saw how everyone was almost done and I was thinking everyone was really organized :D
Me too! I'm usually quite organised, but I don't even want to think about it this year!!

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Funny you should ask....I returned home to find a tool catalog on my desk with a particular item circled. Guess my husband doesn't think it is too early.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I see things throughout the year and buy them. I have one drawer things go into so I can find them when it is time.....

Felix
11-16-2005, 03:55 PM
I was finished all my shopping by October :o If I dont have shopping done early I would be in a panic for sure :rolleyes: I will never be done buying gifts for my Felix though :D

Suki Wingy
11-16-2005, 07:46 PM
why? we have more than a month!

moosmom
11-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Hell no!! My best friend is trying to convince me to go to the stores on "Black Friday". No freaking way!! I'll get it done before Dec. 25th. Even if it IS done on the 24th!! :p